*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517497-credit-cards
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by vague
Rated: 13+ · Column · Business · #1517497
the pressure of finance
I have been having this credit card for the last 3 yrs or so. When the bankers offered me their credit card service, they guaranteed me it was free of cost. That they will not charge anything for the card itself.
Well, I was not aware of the pros and cons of a credit card then. They even suggested I add a electronics transfer service to my cc so I wouldnt need to worry about bill payments. I added my phone bills to the money transfer service and felt quite good about it.

Soon my positive feelings started to give way to negative ones. My husband always warns me about the tricks of the credit card...the banks charge 36% over the used credit every damn month. To add fuel to fire, the phone bill was exorbitant because my daughter used to make regular phone calls to her friends. So, I was horrified at the entire financial situation I was facing. Husband started yelling at me regularly.

Few days back I deposited Rs.2500 in the bank and was slightly relieved when I saw there was a debit of just Rs.2900. After 3 days, the debit amount increased to Rs 5000.

So now I have to pay a total amount of Rs 45000 to the bank and only then can I destroy my credit card.

I am a middle class indian housewife. I have other expenses to deal with too. My son's tuitions, my daughters tuitions, family expenditure....if these blood sucking banks keep doing this how are we middle class people going to survive? What is the logic of a service charge of Rs 3000 when u have spent Rs 5000 on some buy? I have been paying Rs 2000 towards this account and I am still in debt although I have not done a single transaction via the credit card in 6 months.

I think I can deal with bank robbers better than with these bankers...robbers r more merciful in the sense that they dont squeeze money out of you on a regular basis. But these banks do.
© Copyright 2009 vague (cathars1s at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517497-credit-cards