*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517648-More-than-a-Child
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #1517648
Britney was always taken as a joke, until the world was in need of her.
It was a bright and beautiful day in Snellville, Goergia. Britney had just woken up. She yawned and looked at the clock. Today was her father's promotion dinner. They were going to a fancy restaraunt, so the earlier she woke up, the more time she had to play.
Britney read from the clock, "9:05, almost the perfect time to wake up." She walked to her clost. She picked out and outfit and tried it on in front of the mirror. Her new sun dress was pink, green, yellow, and a light blue. It didn't look finshed though, she added some pink leggins and looked again. "Eh..." said Britney. She grabbed a pink hat and smiled. Finally she was done.
She hopped on her bed and turned on her laptop. Her mom woke up and came in her room and asked her, "What are you doing up so early? Your father's dinner is late, and you're going to be half-a-sleep when we get there."
"I was going to be half-a-sleep anyway..." said Britney under her breath.
Her mom walked away. Britney went on the internet and started IMing people on her list.
Before she knew it, hours past.

© Copyright 2009 Jennifer (superwriter21 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1517648-More-than-a-Child