*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519150-Freedom-I-Seek
Rated: E · Poetry · Other · #1519150
Freedom from addiction.
Dearly departed hear my cries for I am a humble man trapped by addiction./ Loving voices never lied as they begged and pleaded;"Leave behind this misery of a self-made prison to find the love and hope so desperately needed." / Chasing the dragon to escape reality./ Capturing the beast as a silent death awaited./ My mind away; drifting./ Into blackness my soul faded./ Senseless acts I committed./ Demanded by a diseased mentality./ Will I duplicate my uncle's fate?/ Am I to be a reincarnation of his sins?/ My hold on life diminishing at an intimidating rate./ Reaper patiently waiting for the last breath to end./ Guilt will consume me no longer./ Faced with an incurable disease I am destined to fail./ Only through faith and belief will I prevail./ What does not kill me will make me stronger./ Give heed to my voice; for it is peaceful slumber I seek./ Remembrance of past iniquity causes unbearable grief./ My soul is weary./ My heart grows weak./ I call out to you," Forgive my transgression; grant me relief!'/ Dearly departed you have opened my eyes to understanding and wisdom./ Your justice executed upon me releasing tension and distress./ My troubles have been calmed and my life has been blessed./ No longer do I need to feel the rush of blissful venom./ No amount of sinful greed can surpass the feeling of freedom.
© Copyright 2009 c.jackal (c.jackal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1519150-Freedom-I-Seek