*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1520848-We-are-teenagers
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Teen · #1520848
Just some thoughts
      As a teenager, people don’t really believe that you go through actual things. “High School Drama” is what they say you go through. Well, is Addiction high school drama? What about depression and suicide? What about Death? Teenagers do go through these things, I know because I’ve been through all of them.

      Personally, I have never been addicted to anything really bad. I have been addicted to pills before though. It may not sound bad but once you get into them hardcore it can be. But, I have a friend who is right now addicted to heroin. I also have a friend who has just gotten over her addiction; she was really really bad into heroin, cocaine and meth. This girl was my best friend for 7 years, and I had no idea that she was doing this stuff. I blame myself a lot for not being there for her and not realizing what she was doing. We are teenagers yes, but we still have real problems.

      I have personally gone through depression though. I was a cutter, I don’t like using the word ‘was’ because to me after you cut, you will be a cutter for the rest of your life. Even though you don’t do it, that doesn’t mean the thought of it is gone. That thought never goes away, Never. For some people it is a daily fight not to cut, for others the thought only raises at certain times; but either way it is still there. Every single one of my friends have cut themselves, two of my friends have tried to commit suicide. We are teenagers, but we still have real problems.

      I know everyone goes through death but there is different kinds of death. One is when you or someone physically stops breathing and their heart stops beating; the other is when you die on the inside yet you keep on moving, just going through the motions. I have gone through both. I have lost someone physically and someone emotionally. I have also lost apart of myself; apart of myself has died and there is no way I can bring it back. We are teenagers, but we still have real problems.

    My mom tells me constantly that I have nothing to be depressed about, that I’m a teenager, I don’t have any problems. I hear that from a lot of people. So the next time you are about to say “Oh you’re a teenager you don’t have any real problems.” Think about what you are saying, because people don’t really understand how much that statement makes a teenager want to close themselves off and not want to talk to anyone about their problems. Think about the fact that you saying that to them thinks that their problems aren’t real, making them never want to share them. Just stop and think because we are teenagers, but we still have real problems.



© Copyright 2009 alwaysandforever4376 (a_and_f4376 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1520848-We-are-teenagers