*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530709-You-Saved-Me
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1530709
This is kind of an out there story about a friend saving me
        Its been almost ten days since she has looked at herself in the mirror. Terror has stopped her from even taking a glance. She's so afraid that she just might be all those things people call her.

        Walking through her school, people constantly judge her. Drug dealer, dike, emo, meth-head, slut is what they call her. With her brother's reputation as well as her own on her shoulders she just keeps walking. Finally, everyone in the school swarms her. They all are yelling at her, calling her names. They pull out red markers and write the names all over her.

        "You are what we say you are, you are what we say you are," they keep chanting over and over to her.

        "No" she screams as she runs out of the school. She takes one step outside of the school's big blue doors and is in front of another door. She opens it and goes in. she is suddenly in her house. Her mom and dad are yelling at each other. Her dad is throwing things around the room. She tries to be quiet and go back out the door but it is locked. They finally realize she's there after she crouches in a corner and starts to cry. As they start to swarm her, she tries to run but is blocked by her brother. They circle her and start yelling names at her. Then they are chanting.

        "You are what we say you are, you are what we say you are."

          Her brother grabs her arm and says, " You are all alone. You have no one. No one wants you." She pushes him away and runs out another door. She is back in the school. This time it is quiet and she can't see anyone. She starts to walk down a hall, holding her ribs as tight as she can in fear that she might fall apart. Suddenly, someone trips her. She turns around to see whom it was and all the kids are there again.

        "You are what we say you are, you are what we say you are," they start to chant over and over again. She starts to run down the hall, looking for an escape. She runs into an empty classroom and hides underneath a desk. She can still hear them chanting. She covers her ears and starts to cry. The lights go out, she's left alone in the darkness. Just as she starts to fall apart piece by piece. Just as her heart begins to shatter, just when she thinks that she has nothing left. She feels a hand on her shoulder. She opens her eyes and sees a bright light. She turns around and sees her best friend standing behind her. The lights come back on and the people are gone. Her best friend grabs her hand then picks up her half shattered heart off the floor and starts to put it back together. In seconds it is completely healed. Her best friend hands it back to her. She looks down at it, amazed how her best friend fixed it. She hands it back to her and says, "I want you to have it. You healed it and you saved me. I want you to have my heart."

© Copyright 2009 alwaysandforever4376 (a_and_f4376 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530709-You-Saved-Me