*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1521651-Two-Weeks-in-Hell
Rated: E · Novel · Drama · #1521651
A woman looks back two months to try to figure out how to fix her future.


                                           



                                                  Prologue











    Allison Kennedy has always been honest and straight forward.  That was a quality in her that everyone admired.  Now sitting at a quiet dinner table with her silent fiancée, she didn't have to wonder what she had done to screw things up so badly.  She kept trying to fix things but nothing seemed to work, the deathly silence proved that.

    “How was your day today darling?” Allison asked.

    “Just like every other day,” he answered.

    “Wesley, it has been two months,” she said.  “We can't keep doing this.”  Wesley looked at her from across the table, which felt like thirty feet away instead of three feet and then stood up. 

    “I have some work to do,” he said.  “I am going to my office, don't bother me.”  She watched him walk away and she sighed deeply, resting her head in her hands.  She messed up royally and he would not tell her what to do to make things better.  She suddenly was not hungry anymore and she pushed her plate back from where she was sitting.    She folded her arms on the table top and laid her head on top of them, letting her long brown hair spill over her arms.  She had let things get out of control.  Two months ago, she had hurt him and she wasn't sure if she could ever truly have him back....
© Copyright 2009 SkyFletcher (skyfletcher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1521651-Two-Weeks-in-Hell