*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1522008-Two-Weeks-In-Hell-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Novel · Relationship · #1522008
This is only part of the first chapter

Chapter One
Two Months Ago


“OK, the car is completely packed up,” Wesley said slamming the back hatch of the SUV.
“Where are we going anyway?” Allison asked walking out of the front door.
“Some place that Drew found on one of his many trips,” Wesley answered. “It is supposed to snow this weekend, so it will be awesome for skiing. I am glad that you packed our warm clothes.”
“Well, you wouldn't really tell me where we were going, so there is a pretty good mix of both,” she said. She walked over to him and without warning he grabbed her and pinned her against the car, kissing her full on the lips. She could not help but giggle as he pulled away. “So, two weeks, just me and you. How wonderful is that going to be?” She turned and started to walk back toward the house but when he did not reply to her, she turned back around. “Wes, what is it?”
“Well, the thing is,” he started. “I was talking about this at work and Drew wanted to go with us. That's why we are going to the place he found, it is actually a place he owns.”
“What? I thought you said it was going to be just us,” she said.
“It was. I didn't think you would mind too much if Drew came. You like him. He is almost as good of friends with you as he is with me,” he said. “Besides, after Drew and I started talking about it, Ethan overheard and wanted to go, but said he would have to bring his wife.”
“Michelle is going to be there? Good, at least I won't be surrounded by men the whole time,” she sighed.
“Yeah, but then I starting thinking that maybe we should bring someone along for Drew, you so that he wouldn't feel left out or like he was on some kind of couple's retreat,” he said. “So, I decided to invite Christina. I knew you wouldn't mind if I brought her along because you two are best friends and all.....”
“Who all is coming with us Wesley?” she said cutting him off. She was suddenly very irritated.
“Drew, Ethan, Michelle, and Christina,” he answered.
“Are we meeting them up there?” she asked.
“Drew is riding with us,” he answered. “I mean, if it's OK with you that is.” Allison bowed her head and rubbed the bridge of her nose.
“I guess we should probably get ready to go then, I am sure that we are going to have to pick him up, right?” she asked.
“Yeah and he is going to have some things for the house, so you are right, we better get going,” he said. “Are we ready to go?” Allison looked at the house and sighed.
“Yeah, we are all locked up,” she said. “Let's go.” With that she climbed into the passenger seat of Wesley's SUV. She was upset with Wesley for not telling her before now that they were not going to be alone for the two weeks they were supposed to be gone. She was not bothered by the fact that she was going to be surrounded by her friends, she just felt betrayed that at the last minute she was finding all this out.
Before she knew it, they were pulling into Drew's driveway and she felt her heart quicken and her palms became a little clammy. She was suddenly anxious about the two weeks away and as she opened her mouth to tell Wesley that she did not want to go on the trip at all, Drew came out of the house. The sun made his blond hair glow and his dark blue eyes shone as if he held a secret that the rest of the world did not know. Suddenly her door flew open and Wesley was standing there trying to help her out of the car.
“Are you going to get out of the car and say hi to Drew?” Wesley asked. He pulled her from the passenger seat and wrapped an arm around her waist as they walked forward.
“Hey you two,” Drew said. “I don't have much to add to what you have already, but it shouldn't take long to load up. Wes, come help me with the skis.” As they disappeared into the garage, Drew's white Irish wolfhound came bounding from around the house.
“Hey there Cashmere,” Allison said. She knelt down some to pet the large dog. Allison wasn't sure how old the dog was, but she did know the dog was nearly her size. Standing on all fours, Cashmere stood up as high as Allison's waist. If she was not such a friendly dog, she would have been intimidating. Allison buried her face in the nape of the dog’s neck; the rough fur felt wiry on her face. Allison could tell that she had just recently been bathed; the lavender smell of the dog shampoo that Drew used on Cashmere still lingered in the fur. Cashmere nuzzled her in the side after she stood all the way up and Allison laid her hand on top of her head. “You know, you are the only one that knows my secrets.” Allison sighed as she walked forward with Cashmere beside her. She suddenly had the feeling that it was going to be a very long vacation and there was nothing she could do about it.
© Copyright 2009 SkyFletcher (skyfletcher at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1522008-Two-Weeks-In-Hell-Chapter-1