*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1522512-Radar-Detector
Rated: E · Short Story · Biographical · #1522512
On a quest for a radar detector detector detector.
Did I read that right, you asked? A radar detector detector detector? Has Lou gone off his rocker again?

No, please let me explain. A military friend of mine who has been stationed here in North Dakota with me since 1994 told me this tale last week.

He got pulled over for speeding and for having a radar detector in Wisconsin, where it is illegal.

He showed the state trooper his license and military ID. The trooper said, "Since you are in the Air Force, I will let you go with a radar detector warning as long as you put it in the trunk. I will not write up the speeding ticket for 10 miles over the speed limit."

My friend, Brian, asked the trooper how he knew he had a radar detector on, and the policeman said he has a radar detector detector.

Brain asked him, "Why the heck doesn't someone invent a radar detector detector detector?"

Brian received the hefty Wisconsin Speeding Ticket and his Radar Detector was confiscated, as is the state law.

"Thank you and drive safe!"
© Copyright 2009 Lou-Here By His Grace (tattsnteeth2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1522512-Radar-Detector