*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524460-Homework-VS-Sims
Rated: E · Other · Children's · #1524460
Something my wife made me write back when she still loved me.
Why homework is more important than sims.

It’s a hard question because a good 90% of the time I feel as if it should be the other way around. Sims makes me sink into another world where I am just nothing but a mindless robot. The characters are what matters. They do THEIR homework, go to school, go to work, get good grades, well..sometimes and other such things. I keep coming up with other ideas as to things that would be wonderful to have in sims. Like they all grow up together or that they can go out to the pictures and you actually seem them date and things like that but I digress.

What has this got to do with reality? Nothing. That’s what I like about it. When I can just disappear and forget that the world exists because the world is filled with pain and there’s no mommy out in the real world. Not at the moment. That hurts. All I want is to be back home with my mommy. The only reason why I took the course was to try to distract myself from the fact that there was no mommy. So to me homework doesn’t really matter that much at the moment.

I do understand why I have to try and make sure that I stay ahead of it, because if I don’t I get further behind and people who rely on me to get certain bits of information can’t and find themselves lacking it because I didn’t pull up my end. My teachers are on my back to try and hand in homework because they need to be able to mark it so that they can get good reports. A teachers life is that she gets paid decent and even the possibility of a raise judged by how her students felt about her in class and how many passed the class and by how much.

Letting all of these people down is unfair on them and that is what happens when I do not do my homework. I also don’t understand what they are talking about in class if I have not studied and done the reading and research requested. Sims is just a silly game whereas homework involves people.

I shall never pass properly if I don’t do all the work I can to ensure that. Whether the course itself is important to me or not should not be an issue but doing my homework should be. My mother is always telling me that. The only problem is...when will I listen?
© Copyright 2009 care_a_lot (care_a_lot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524460-Homework-VS-Sims