*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524570-Toms-wonderful-gift
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Sci-fi · #1524570
An elderly mans difficulty in being able to use a robot! Flash Fiction.
“I is made to work for you sir,” HDR542 stated as a matter of fact to Mr Bigley,
who looked at this strange machine in front of him with a funny look on his face.

Mr Hebert Bigley, aged 80, with a son who was always up to date with the most technical machinery of the time, had recently lost his wife. His son Tom thought by getting his dad this robot it would make his life so much easier; it could do the things that his mom used to do around the house.

“I’m hungry,” Herbert said, looking at the robot with a really adamant look on his face. He was sure to try and work out this piece of machinery that Tom had given him. After all he was not a silly man was he? At the age of 80 he had YEARS of experience as a mechanic.

“Does not compute,” HDR542 stated.

Herb knew that it was easy to be able to work this mechanical thing but he still could not work it out and stared at this piece of machinery as if it was something that was created by another galaxy!

“Food.” He said to it.

“Does not compute,” HDR542 stated.

“I want eat!” he yelled staring at it flabbergasted, how is it Tom could work these things SO easily and yet he couldn’t get it to just give him something to eat. He could hear the rumble of his stomach and looked sadly at the fridge knowing if he had to go get something himself it would be hard for him to get up.

He stood and HDR542 fetched his walking stick for him. Then prompty pushed him roughly in the direction of the toilet! Herbert was NOT amused. He was not being used to being made to go to the toilet as if he was three!

“MAKE ME A BLOODY SANDWICH YOU MORNONIC PIECE OF SHIT!” he roared.

So HDR542 did what he was told.

Herbert had a sore arm for days and lets just say….

He was more specific with what he told his robot to do in the future!

Word Count: 356
© Copyright 2009 care_a_lot (care_a_lot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1524570-Toms-wonderful-gift