*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526819-I-Always-Had-You-in-My-Life
by jerome
Rated: E · Poetry · Family · #1526819
About me and my father.
I always had you in my life.
You raised me, taught me, showed me how to live right.
When I did things wrong, certain things you wouldn't allow. You corrected my behavior, on many occasions and thats when I chilled out.
We always didn't see eye to eye, sometimes I took you for granted, sometimes I just didn't realize.
You was only trying to show me how to be a man, but certain times in my life I didn't care, and I didn't understand.
The older I got the more we drifted away. I was so caught up on freedom, but I didn't see things your way.
I wanna be my own man, I use to think all the time. So I moved out your house, so I can began living a life that was mine.
While doing my own thing one day I got a call, dad is in icu, then I couldn't speak at all.
I always had you in my life, then one day soon you went away. I really wanted to show you what you tried to show me, but it was too late, you passed away.
I thought I had enough time to show you how I have changed and grown. I'll always love you dad, and what you tried to show me is what I will carry on. I love you dad.
© Copyright 2009 jerome (jerome1981 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1526819-I-Always-Had-You-in-My-Life