*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527035-The-walk
Rated: 18+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1527035
A sleep deprived short
    This morning when I woke and looked at my fiancĂ©e to find her still sleeping.  I nudged her arm and in my sleepiness said " Go, cook me some breggs woman."  She just laid there.  I dont think she heard me, or if she did she didn't care. Then I realized what I said and asked nobody, perhaps the dog or one of the cats "Did I just say breggs?"  So I got up, went to the bathroom.  I heard her move from the floor to the couch (I sleep on the floor and she wanted to sleep next to me.) while I was relieving myself.  When I was finished I went into the the kitchen to get the eggs but notice Cyrus, the dog, standing at the door with one of those sad "I've gotta go out before my bladder  bursts" looks.  I humphed and went and put his leash on and took him out to the fenced in area that the apartment owners have for people to let they're animals roam.  I stood there wondering when Diana was going to wake up and dreading the fact that I have to go back to work tomorrow.  Boy wouldn't it be nice to win the lotto.



    Getting back inside the apartment, finding Diana still asleep I went the the kitchen and started some eggs.  I made four so she would have some when she woke up.  Waiting for the eggs I put on a movie and watched a few minutes of it.  I went and checked on the eggs, and surprisingly they were perfectly cooked.  I usually burn anything I cook.  I scooped half the eggs onto a plate with the spatula, put some salt, pepper and hot sauce.  I sat down, enjoyed my eggs and watched the movie.  Once the movie was over I decided it was finally time to walk up to the store.  We are almost out of cigarettes.  Walking next to some woods I started to hear what sounded like foot steps.  I stopped walking to look and the foot steps stopped.  I walked again and the noise started again.  I stopped and turned to look harder into the woods but I saw nothing.  I took a step closer and this thing jumped out at me.  I was able to jump and role out of the way, and when I looked up I saw a large bipedal cat thing.  It hissed and swiped at me like I scared it or something when I'm the one checking my pants.  I figured this thing wouldn't leave without a fight so I summoned my sword of souls and it was on.  The cat thing came at me, and came at me fast.  I side stepped and took off its head.  I remember thinking that wasn't much of a fight.  I shrug my shoulders, release my sword and continue on my way to the store. 



    Inside the store I first go to the ATM to make sure I have to money to get cigarettes. I check the balance of my checking and find -1.00 dollar.  "Well that sucks." I thought to myself.  "Ill check my savings."  I swipe my card punch in my pin and eureka! Eight bucks, so I grab a couple of cokes and head to the counter.  "Is this all" The store counter lady said.  "Nope, I would  like a pack of signature blend mellow's please"  She rung up all my stuff and I handed her my card, she swiped it and handed me a pen and piece of paper.  I scribbled my Hancock on it and I bid them fare well and many happy days to come and walked out the door.



    Now I have reached the crossing area where I have to push the button.  Even though I donts think it does anything to the lights.  Oh, I stand and wait.  Watching cars go my.  I wish I had my license back so I can drive again.  Thought I dont know if I would drive Diana's for with all the trouble it going through right now.  But we will being moving in with her brother soon so I will be able to save lots of money and get my license, and save up for a car.  Oh, and the computers I will be able to build with the extra cash, and I will be able to get Diana s car fixed.  Then I would be able to drive myself to work and not have to bother people, and I also will be able  to just go driving for fun witch I love.  Oh, the light is green so I can go.  I crossed the street with no problems but the dreaded buck Mafia started following me.  The best thing to do in this situation is keep your head down and walk fast.  I went the way I came and notice the body of that thing was gone, looks like drag marks back into the forest.  I'm almost hone.  The ducks are hot on my trail, but there kryptonite are doors.  And thankfully I have one oon my apartments..I see it in sight now.  My face grew with excite menat as I approched it.  I could feel bills nipping at my ankles as I just threw the door slamming it in there faces.   



    Diana was awake now and we sat next each other  talking a bit then watched another movie.  After that I started working on computers and she started doing cross-stitching.  All in all.  A good day.
© Copyright 2009 Evan Stewart (munkie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527035-The-walk