*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527346-Once-In-A-Life-Time
Rated: E · Prose · Relationship · #1527346
Love, Gift, Redemption, Trust, Miracle, Opposites attract, unbelief, rarity, golden

Monday, October 27, 2003

Once In A Lifetime

Once in a lifetime, when different worlds collide, the explosion is magical.
Once in a lifetime, we get the chance to jump. Take the leap, so to speak.
And if we shy away or choose another way, we know no difference.
Except for the longing in our hearts that tugs towards something we can't see.


An emptiness existed before I met you. A hollow sound came from my soul.
Sorrow and pain were my trusted companions. Loneliness was my life.
From the outside, looking in, no one could see me, touch me or bring me comfort.
I was a chameleon; a changeling, never quite fitting in, and not really wanting to.
I was secretly solo, but unconsciously wishing for you to come along; not even knowing it, waiting, wondering, missing you....


In the spring of 1985, you finally arrived; you walked into my life and never left.
What an amazing journey you have given me. Only you could impart such a gift.
You came and claimed my soul and gave me back my heart.
From the moment our eyes met, my life took a dramatic turn; I could actually see the possibility of sunlight.

I can only recognize it in hindsight, looking back after all of these years; I came through a deafening darkness, with you guiding me softly and lovingly, never giving up or giving in to the pressures and pain I have caused you at times.

I'm not sure why I deserve you, why God chose to let me join my soul mate.
But he did, and I'm not turning back.

I look back over the years, at the endless experiences I've shared with you and it amazes me. How does it happen that diamonds are made of coal? What makes gold shine? Why can I now see the colors of the rainbow? I don't know, but I do.
I have a feeling its you.

I know its you. Now I know. You are truly a wonder, just being you.
You are truly a wonder, how you make me" Me".
I will never let go of this gift, this thing we call "Us".

My life has meaning now, like it never did before.
I can lay my head down at night with peace as my companion, joy as my friend.
My world changed forever when yours collided with mine, when you came my way and exploded in me like magic.
I will leave this life knowing that I was given something very rare and special and I thank God every day for such a blessing. He gave me you.

Happy Birthday, Lover.

© Copyright 2009 sjhunt2005 (sjhunt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1527346-Once-In-A-Life-Time