*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528188-Giver-vs-Pleasantville
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · None · #1528188
A book review
The Giver vs. Pleasantville
In the novel The Giver is told by a boy named Jonas. His community is always the same nothing is different. When his community sees something might be changing out of sameness, the community does everything to try to stop the change. When Jonas turns twelve and gets his job as the receiver of the Giver, well Jonas notices some things are not always the same. Jonas finds out the truth about his community and wants to find a way out of the pain.
The movie Pleasantville is told in the point of view of a boy named Bud. Bud’s community is sameness as well. When things seem to be growing out of sameness in the community the mayor tries to stop it but, the people are standing up for what they believe in. Everything seems to be changing. Bud’s community does not have to hide their feelings.
The book The Giver and the movie Pleasantville are similar in many ways as well as the boys Jonas and Bud. Jonas and Bud both notice that their communities are not what they thought they were. They both stand up for what they believe in and try to change things. Some things stay the same. Jonas and Bud change they do not stay the same.


© Copyright 2009 Lockhart (slockhart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528188-Giver-vs-Pleasantville