*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528190-The-Giver-vs-Pleasantville
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1528190
Comparisons between the Giver and Pleasantville
The Giver and Pleasantville are very similar in their meaning towards life. The one thing I really got from reading The Giver and watching Pleasantville is that there is no perfect life and change will happen. There has just got to be someone out there who will stand up for what they believe in and make that change. Like Bud in Pleasantville, he was the one to make that change and stand up for his mom. He finally got the courage to do what he felt was right and that made him a new person, which was showed by him changing into a new color.
In The Giver, Jonas was the one to stand up for what he believed in. Much like Bud, Jonas knew a change was needed for his community. He was the one to stand up for what he believed in. By doing that Jonas was risking his life to go out into the world. To leave his community for the sake of everyone. Jonas knew his community needed those memories and he was determined to make that happen.
Between The Giver and Pleasantville they both sent across the same message. No one can change who you are or what is inside of you. Deep down, you are who you are. The only person who can change you is yourself. There is no perfect person or place but you can make whatever it is better.
© Copyright 2009 Lockhart (slockhart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528190-The-Giver-vs-Pleasantville