*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528229-Giver-Book
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Other · #1528229
The book The Giver is a world where everything has changed.
Giver

The book The Giver emphasizes the idea “everything must change”. The way of life in it is a great change. First everything is in black and white. Second, words like love are obsolete in the community. Even the way they talk has been changed. Everyone must speak using “precision of language”.
Later on in the book Jonas, the next receiver of memory starts to want to change the way the community has change our lives now. He wants everyone to see colors, and animals like an elephant. He wants the community to experience snow and love. It gets all the way to where Jonas has to decide on something that he never thought he would. He cannot get help from anyone else because they have learned to live the way the community wants them to.
Jonas' mind is made up when a newborn named Gabriel's life is at stake. Jonas and Gabriel must face slim odds in order for their lives to change. They come face to face with mystery and near death. All while the community is trying to keep everything the way they want it. During the whole book, Jonas always doubts things will change.
© Copyright 2009 Lockhart (slockhart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528229-Giver-Book