*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528230-Only-Takes-One
Rated: · Other · Other · #1528230
In this story I will compare the book The Giver and the story of Pleasantville.
It only takes one person to change you
In the Giver, Jonas is the person who changes the community; it took him, and him alone to change everyone. We do not know how the community changed, for the best, or for the worst. Although the Giver offered to help Jonas could not let him because he was taking Gabriel also. Jonas grew up in the community he tried to change; in some ways you could compare him to Martin Luther King, Jr. They both saw something past what everyone else could see and acted upon it in positive ways whether it is leading a leading a march, or simple leaving your home to show something.
In Pleasantville bud and his sister get caught in a TV show and have to live in there, Bud’s sister goes and messes with a boy in the story and messes up the show. When Bud figures out that she is messing up the show he is mad. Bud’s sister explains to him why they should change their lives. At first he disagrees but she eventual persuades him. Because Bud’s sister changed his point of view about the town he leads people to go against their town and break rules. At the end of the story everyone changes and is able to live there life freely, and make their own decisions.
Martin Luther, Jackie Robinson, Rosa Parks, Hank Aaron, or Obama all these people change the world we live in today. Whether in life or in stories it only takes only one person to change you or your beliefs. If one person stood up for what they believed we would live in a very diverse world. Both the characters changed their world by doing one simple action changing the way they think and act. No matter what you want to change always remember that it only takes one person to change it.
© Copyright 2009 Lockhart (slockhart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1528230-Only-Takes-One