*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529625-Resident-Rvil-Damnation-chapter-2
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1529625
Fred has managed to survive it so far. But what will Raccoon throw at him next.
You draw the welding rod around the steel casings final edge then put it aside. You've finally finished it. Your latest improvised weapon. A solid steel spike inside a steel pipe. Which can be forced forward with a burst of compressed air from a row of canisters that you plan to put in a compartment in your backpack. If it works properly it should be able to smash through anything up to an inch of reinforced steel. You chuckle happily to yourself then hook up the gas and pressurize the chamber behind the steel rod. You'd gotten the idea when you saw a large hydraulic ram on a construction site downtown. It had taken a few days to work it out and gather the materials. But you'd managed to scrounge around on worksites and even found the tools to construct it with.

You strap it to your forearm and heft it a bit. It was pretty heavy but you should be able to wield it well enough. You walk over to the door of your workroom and lock it. The heavy deadbolt sliding into place with an load thunk. You line up the pointed tip of the weapon to the lock and press the red button you set up to let a burst of air into the chamber and put it's pressure to about 50 pounds per square inch. You then press the second button which opens a butterfly valve forcing the rod forward. Slamming into and through the solid wood door and the steel locking mechanism. Once the rod reached the end of the chamber two vents were uncovered and a raised ridge was hit. Stopping the rod from leaving the chamber. With considerable effort you manage to wrench the rod out of the door lock. The recoil was average. You could handle it without losing much accuracy. The final part of the test was the true proof. You reach up and give the door a gentle push. It swings open easily a few mangled metal fragments fall to the floor making a light tinkling sound. All that remains of the deadbolt. You smile to yourself. Should be useful to open doors, or break skulls and the gas three canisters should give about thirty or so uses. You push the rod back into the chamber until it locks in place.

Satisfied you walk over to the window. Listening to the moans of those god forsaken creatures. As far as you can tell most of the population is dead. Of course every so often you would hear gunfire, screams and even once or twice explosions. But the worst part was of the whole incident was the stench. That overpowering smell of death. All those walking corpses are really starting to decay. Though they don’t seem to be affected by it much. Their flesh is starting to putrefy. Rotting slowly as they walk. It slowed them down as there muscles deteriorated. And by the looks of things they eventually broken down completely. It seems to take a fair while. You’ve seen one or two that have collapsed under there own weight, most of their flesh in a horrible beef jerky kind of state. The muscles having become useless. You shudder then look back inside the old house you "requestioned". By the looks of things it was an old Christian orphanage. Lots of beds, lots of rooms, three levels, heavy doors, and Jesus imagery all over the place. Nearly fifty people of various ages were taking refuge inside. Most of them are just civilians but one or two were cops you had stumbled across on one of your trips.

Every night you've been travelling round the city grabbing supplies and looking for survivors. But your ammo is starting to run low and you don’t want to delve into the small cache of weapons and ammo some of the survivors brought with them. This new weapon should help get you out of those tricky situations you kept getting yourself into. There's nothing worse than hitting a dead end with a bunch of those, things blocking your exit. This should make short work of any locks.

You leave your workshop and go from room to room. Looking for that Riley bloke. He was good with a gun, and actually concerned for the safety of others and it was his turn on watch for survivors. So you had to tell him you were about to go out. You’d spray painted signs on the walls of nearby buildings directing anyone able to read to a pulley you’d rigged up on a window. Every other opening was barricaded to military standards. You know. You did it yourself. Even with a sledge hammer it would still take someone a good 20 minutes to break through it.

Speaking of sledge hammers yours had broken a few days ago. At the worst possible moment too. It had broken mid swing and nearly cost you your life. Your pretty happy with its replacement though. You raise your left arm looking over your latest toy. It looked terrible from an aesthetics point of view. But your pretty sure the zombies won't care much. The main body is a black box with a metal cone ticking out the end. two large leather straps attach it firmly to your forearm. It looks a bit like an oversized watch. You start to wonder about a oversized reciprocating drill. That could be fun. If only for the novelty.

Your snapped back to reality by someone calling your name "Hey! Fred." You look behind you. Sounded like that arrogant bastard Garry. "What is it Garry?" You reply slightly irritated at he's constant habit of harassing you. "That girl you picked a few days ago. She’s sick and needs medicine. Go to the hospital and get some antibiotics and such. Please" He walks up to you and crosses his arms. expecting you to jump to attention or something "Fine. I’ll go get some. You want anything from the store." You ask mock casually. Fed up with him trying to take command. He straightens his back and puffs out his chest. Preparing to give you a lecture. "Listen wise ass-" You cut him off. "Stop being so cocky man! You followed the signs on the wall and found this place. In all likely hood you would be dead if you were still fending for yourself. Now I don’t care how rich and powerful you were before this shit happened. But right now survival skills is what’s valuable. And I’m the one who possesses them. And remember if you try to leave me out in the rain. I’m the only one with the guts to make near suicidal runs for supplies. None of the cops let alone the civilians could be bribed to do what I do through choice. So know your place and stop bossing me around." You whisper vehemently. You've been under a lot of stress lately and you don’t need any cocky bastards giving you crap.

You walk back towards the exit room, checking your pistol ammo and the gas feed for the. The umm, what the hell would you call this thing anyway? Bah. That can be done later. The gas tanks were full and you had two full clips for your VP70. Not as much as you’d like. Well, you'd prefer a vehicle mounted heavy calibre gatling gun. But somehow you suspect that finding one of those around here would be a miracle so you’d have to make a run to some gun stores instead. There are five in raccoon and you’d hit three of them. All mainly empty but Kendo's and that place downtown were still on you list of targets. The hospital on the other hand was just around the corner, opposite the town clock tower that stood next to your building.

You decide to go for the gun stores first then the hospital. Probably hundreds of those damn things in there. You'll need the ammo to clear a path. You walk into the room containing the main exit to find Riley already there watching out the window. No wonder you like this guy. You walk over to the window and grab hold of the rope connected to the pulley. There was only two zombies in the ally beside your place. But as soon as you hit the ground more are likely to come shambling. You put one foot in the loop at the end of the rope and motion for Riley to lower you down.

Once you touch down you pull out your gun and shoot the nearest zombie in the head. As he crumples to the ground the other turns towards you and begins lurching in your direction. You take three steps towards him and rest the rod of the Pneumatic Hammer. That sounds ok. on his for head then press the trigger. The rod plunges into his head killing him instantly in a small spray of blood and mush. You yank it out from the ruins of his head and let him fall to the ground. You push the rod back to the cocked position then look up and down the alley. Seeing no one you give the thumbs up to Riley and head off towards the first gun store. You have to go west to get to the first store then north to get Kendo’s and once those places are cleared you just have to head south east to get to the hospital. Nearly a perfect triangle.

You jog to the end of the alley holding the gun aimed at the concrete with you finger on the trigger guard. Basic safety procedure, probably not applicable to this situation but military training sticks with you for life. As you reach the corner you lean against the wall listening hard. You could hear at least four people shuffling around the front door of your place. You swing round the corner raising the muzzle and aiming for the first target. A tall lanky man, his blotched skin starting to sag horribly on his skull. As he turns towards you the left side of his face is revealed. Well kind of there isn't much that you could call a face. It looks like his face has been heavily gnawed on. And not the pattern that the zombies made. The zombies lacerations were more straight from the average humans flat incisors. These marks were exceptionally jagged. Like a dogs teeth. That doesn’t sit well you. As he lets out one of their signature moans you pull the trigger. Sending a 9mm round into his left temple making him fall heavily on his face. As his head hits the ground with a loud crack you take aim at the others in front of your building. You could probably just run around them. They were getting slower by the day. But that would just leave them to bother the people inside.

You walk down the street, keeping a sharp lookout for movement in the surrounding buildings and alleys. You travel three blocks in this manner, having to change course once because of a large group of zombies and a second time because of one of those damn road blocks. In a desperate attempt to control the whole mess the police had stacked cars and vans across the road. You nearly got caught between the horde and the road block. Just barely ducking into an alley before they cut you off. Once or twice you even had to cut through buildings. Killing everything in your path. Smashing locks when you needed to.

You were on your last ten bullets when you reached the first gun store. You dash over to the front door. Looking left and right you spot zombies on both sides. A pair on one side and three on the other. They have to be taken care of before you entered. That should give you some time to look for ammo. You turn the door knob and sigh in relief when it clicks open. You close it again and take a step back turning towards the group on the left. A middle aged man in stained overalls and a young women in a ripped tank top and a missing an arm a relatively common sight. You take them down with a well aimed shot to the head each. Then turning around you focus on the other group. The closest zombies was inches away. Instead of stumbling backwards you step inside his arms and turn your body slightly. Slamming the heavy metal casing of the P.hammer into his face crushing it and sending shards of his skull through his brain. The force of the blow knocking him backward in a lifeless heap. You lean into the swing and let the momentum pull your arm back. Then step towards the next walker and smash the pointed metal through his skull. Not even employing the ram. You shove him away with your other arm then take a step over to the second last zombie. You hold the P. hammer in front of his unblinking eyes activating the ram and sending the rod rushing forward in a blur of motion. Burying itself in his forehead. You push the guy off your weapon and double check the roads. No one nearby. You eject the magazine for your pistol and do a quick count. Six rounds left. If there’s no ammo here your screwed. Simple. You glance at the blood splattered P.hammer it was pretty effective but you were starting to feel the strain of swinging it. You really needed to find some more ammunition.

As you cautiously walk into the dark store you put away you pistol and pull out your flashlight. Keeping you thumb over the hammers valve trigger. You pan the flash light over the store. Looks like there had been a scuffle here a few days ago. Dried blood was splattered liberally all over the walls and floor and there was a smeared trail leading around to the rear of the counter. You glance round at the huge mess. Most of the guns were gone but hopefully one or two boxes of 9mm ammo were in the drawers. You silently walk around the counter, following the blood smear. A body was laying face down in a dark pool of blood. You can't tell if he’s been put down proper so you sneak over and hold the spike against his head. Pressing the activation button and lodging the spike in his head with a loud thunk. You try to pull it out so you can get on with it before they converge on you but it seems to be stuck. You pull harder twisting your arm. Trying to wrench it free. "Damn thing won't budge. Must be stuck in a stud or something." You grumble to your self stepping onto the guys back. Putting your whole weight into it. Pushing against his shoulders. Suddenly something cracks releasing the P.hammer sending you falling backward into the pool of semi-dried blood. "Dammit!" You curse. Getting up and pushing the P.hammer back into the cocked position. This vacation really sucked.

You kick an empty box angrily then get back to looking for ammo. You start pawing through the shelves and cabinets finding a box of shotgun shells.(which are useless to you at the moment) and two boxes of high calibre magnum ammo. You're about to give up hope when the last drawer reveals a full box of 9mm rounds. Thank god, that’s 32 bullets at least 2 and a half clips worth. You freeze as you hear a groan outside. Dammit that horde must have followed you. You shove the boxes of ammo in you backpack then run to the door. You thrust door open to reveal a wall of wounded and mutilated people. The closest is a good four metres down the street. You should be able to dash out and away. But your still annoyed as hell that you didn’t get to reload. That means you’d have to use the hammer on anything you couldn’t dodge. You make a break for it. Bolting past them. The stench of them was overpowering, a horrible odour of death and disease. You head toward the uptown region. You can hear their frustrated moans following you as they change direction after you. You’d have to be fast and make some distance so they’d lose interest. It seemed like they forgot what they were doing once they couldn’t see you for a while.

The road your jogging on is pretty much empty the whole way to Kendo’s. Only a hand full of zombies block your way and most of them can be dodged. When you reach kendo’s you notice that the lights are on and you can see silhouette against the window. But judging by the staggering movement their among the walking dead. Didn’t expect much else really. You walk over to the door and pull out your pistol. You should be able to reload in here. Once you’ve cleared the room of course. You twist the door knob and push. Raising your pistol to target any immediate threats. The room is home to seven zombies. Great that means your gonna be dry before the rooms empty. As you enter they all stop and turn their blank, stupid faces towards you. Before one can take a step you blow the closest guys head open. Quickly aiming at the old man next to him. Also dropping him. The third closest tries to reach for you. But you jam the P.hammer under his chin and send the ram through his skull. As he falls to the ground you back away a bit and level you're gun at the fifth firing then capping the sixth. The last zombies is pretty far gone. Barely able to move at anything faster that a slow walk. You put the last round in his head.

You lower the gun panting heavily from the run here and the adrenalin rush. Hopefully you’ll find enough ammo to last you for a while. This stores been looted two. Although to a lesser extent. In the corner is a large pile of broken wood, crumpled boxes and other debris. It looks like a good place to start. After a short search you turn up several empty clips and another three full boxes of ammo underneath it. Jackpot. You take out the empty clips you have and the box of rounds and begin loading as rapidly as you can. Your six clips down when you hear a shuffling sound out side. You quickly put the leftover ammo and clips in your bag and distribute the full clips around your pockets. As you turn around a zombie bumps open the door shuffling in and raising its arms. Dammit you forgot to close the door. Mistakes like that could cost you big time. You pull out the now fully loaded pistol and you fire. The bullet boring into his left temple. You fish around in for the box in you bag and replace bullet you fired. Then walk over the door and listen. Nothing. You open the door and see the street deserted. Must have been a lone wanderer. Odd they usually hang around in groups.

You turn south and jog down the street. Taking every second right then every second left. After a few blocks you see the white of the hospital building. "About time." You mumble to yourself. You take a short cut through a basketball court. Dodging the zombies wandering around in there then walk up to the front door and test the door. Locked, Great! Should be a side entrance though. You walk around to the side and stop. You notice a white coat clad corpse hanging out a ground floor window. You sneak up to it. Just by glancing at him you can tell his dead. The large spike of glass sticking up through his back is the big hint. You put your gun in its holster then put your hands on the back of his head and under his chin then give a sharp twist. Causing the turning vertebrae to sever his spinal cord. Better to be safe than sorry. Then transfer your grip to under his arms then yank him out the window. Breaking the shard of glass in the progress. You then lean his body against the wall.

Using his shoulder as a boost you hop in the window. You draw your pistol and take out the flash light you keep in a side compartment of your backpack. The rooms pitch black but as still as a tomb so your probably alone. You flick on the light revealing a small room. A desk covered in scattered papers fills one side and a set of shelves on the other. More files and such fill it. Must be the docs office. The door to the rest off the hospital is closed so you can take the time to have a look at the papers. Might have some hints as to were you might find the nearest medicine cabinet. You scan the first few lines of the page. Something about successful tests. Then a sentence draws you attention. "Human subjects have reacted to the T-Virus in a way none of us could have anticipated. The multiplication rate once in the blood stream is amazing. But regrettably while the carriers might have amazing endurance and durability they suffer from a major loss of intelligence and an increase in aggression. Making them useless as soldiers. But they would be quite effective as a disruption tool when infecting a continent." Well that explains a lot. You glance at the door still safe. You look back to the page and read on "Although the infection rate is amazing. With almost none of the population immune. Its real selling point is the fact that it can infect different species and even different families. It doesn’t discriminate between human, animal or plant. Its military applications are impressive as well. While a small sample could be dispersed into a population ending in mass infection and social disorder. It can also be used to create and enhance purpose built bio organic weapons. The hunter series is an excellent example. They are created through a combination of manipulation and merging of human and reptilian DNA. They are exceptionally fast and resilient to damage. Almost immune to small arms fire." You stop reading. Crap these things sounded nasty. You gather up the rest of the related paper. Then stop for a moment. Kind of weird how accepting you were about what you just read. That kind of stuff if from sci fi movies after all. But on the other hand the last few days has been pretty messed up. Anyway you'd need the proof that this was caused by this virus. You look at the top corner and notice for the first time the umbrella logo. It didn’t take a genius to figure out who was responsible for this. You frown to yourself, they were one of the biggest employers in this city. Hell, Raccoon was a small town till Umbrella set up shop. They employed over 3000 people in raccoon alone.

You finish shoving the rest of the papers into you back pack and redraw you pistol. You had more important things to do. You walk over to the door way and nudge it open. The hallway is lit so you put your flashlight into your back pack. You look down the hallway one direction, all clear. Then push the door wide open checking the other side, clear as well. You’ve never been to racoon hospital before so you don’t know the layout. But most hospitals had a pharmacy area were prescriptions were fulfilled. You look toward the ceiling at the end of the hall. A white cube was attached to the roof. It read ICU, Maternity, Pharmacy. An arrow pointing in a direction for each. You follow the one marked Pharmacy. Down a hall then along another. You reach the door marked pharmacy with little event. This place was depressing as hell. Arterial splatters and smeared hand prints cover the walls. Bitten people would have flocked here only to turn into one of those "carriers" then bite some one else. You glance at a young boy lying on the ground, his skull caved in and a large red shoe print near his head a pretty good indicator of what happened to him. You shake your head sadly then push the door open and reach for the light switch. As the lights blink on you see the room is clear. The room seems untouched by the chaos that fills the rest of the city. All the small bottles were on the shelves and a stack of paper work sat neatly in two piles marked in and out. Seems like in the last couple of days the casualties had kept poring in because the in pile was overflowing. You walk over to the shelf mumbling to yourself "Now what did the doc order? Mmm. Penicillin and antibiotics." You look around and notice a few bottles shelved under that category. You grab several bottles and toss them into your backpack. Just as you heft you bag on your shoulder you hear a muffled explosion from somewhere above you. A few glass jars rattle together on a shelf.

You look up towards the ceiling. "What in the world was that? Sounded like a grenade." You decide to investigate. Only soldiers would have access to grenades and a fellow solider would be a great ally in this situation. You run over to the door pushing it open and nearly barrelling into a virus carrier. At the last second you push forward and raise you elbow pounding it into his face and knocking him to the floor. even as he hits the ground you're leaping over him and running back down the hallway. Being more careful at the corner this time. This hall is clear and about half way down is the elevator door. You run over to it and press the call button. You get no response so you try again, tapping the button repeatedly. Then suddenly the lights cut out. "Shit!" You look up the hall way. The carrier you’d knocked down had picked himself up and was stumbling round the corner. Lurching drunkenly towards you. You pull out you're flashlight and pistol switching the light on and aiming at the approaching figure. His jaw was broken hanging at an awkward angle. Oops, you’d hit him pretty hard. "Sorry dude." You aim carefully and shoot. Hitting him in the face. Causing him to collapse like a puppet with his strings cut. His head hitting the tiles with a wet thwak.

The silence after the gunshot is shattered by a deafening inhuman screech. Damn what ever that was it sounded like it had come from this hallway. You don’t want to risk being caught in a room with no windows so you decide to go back to the room you entered from. You start off on a jog. But as you turn round the corner you stop. A loud crash could be heard further down the hall. Sounded like wood been shattered. Another of those chilling cries echoed towards you. Whatever it is it's getting closer. You pull up and raise you gun pointing the flashlight along the trajectory. Aiming at the other end of the hall where the animal call came from. You wait a second then hear a series of heavy thumps and a load panting. Something was coming. Defiantly wasn’t human. Sounded too big to be a dog. Was it a god damn tiger? What the hell was it?

Their was about six or seven metres from the corner of the hall to you. You grimace. Whatever it was it was going to drop before it covered two metres. The thought was shoved from your mind as a large vaguely humanoid figure slid into the hall. It was at least as tall as you. But its arms were disproportionate to its torso nearly reaching to the floor. They looked muscular and tough and ended in vicious blade like claws. But the most disturbing feature was its face. It's jaws were huge easily capable of fitting your head or arm inside and as it breathed heavily you could catch glimpses of row after row of small, needle like teeth. It's body is covered in dark green scales that apparently could stop a bullet. For the life of you. You can't think of a single creature that even vaguely resembles it. Suddenly it hits you. It must be one of those hunters you read about. Jesus Christ, this things one hell of a weapon.

It drops its jaw and screams it challenge at you. Then crouches down and springs towards you in graceful strides. You raise your pistol and open fire. one, two, three shots hammer into its chest. It stumbles but keeps coming. You keep firing. It had past the two metre mark. You pause, taking a breath and taking careful aim. If you've counted right you should have only one bullet left. The thing was nearly within arms reach but the clip you'd fired into it had taken some effect. Instead of its graceful gait. It was running drunkenly towards you. The hunter was about two and a half metres away and you’d drawn a bead on its eye. When it leapt towards you. Its body completely air borne and its claw raised ready to take your head off. At the last second you throw yourself to the ground. The hunter must taken a bullet to a vital muscle because it didn’t land right and crashed to the ground. You scramble over to it and slam the P.hammer on its chest. Surely breaking some of it's ribs then turning the business end of it towards the hunters head. It gave a last gurgling croak as the rod plunges through his skull. You pull yourself to your feet. Then put the last bullet into the things head, just to be sure. Giving it a crushing kick to the head and putting your pistol to its eye. It screeched again as if in defiance but its cry was cut short as you fired. The round sending purple and grey ooze splattering against the walls and floor.

Panting you reload your pistol then check the p. hammer's gas pressure. Dammed if you get caught like that again. As you cock your gun you hear several cries from through out the building. But they sounded different. Almost mourning. Crap seems like there more of them. You bolt down the hall the hunter emerged from and past the broken wreckage of the door the hunter must have came through. As you pass it you glance inside. Its a stairwell. Which means that those things can travel between floors. You run round the corner to see the door to the room you entered by. As you bolt down the hallway a door between you and your exit explodes into a rain of woodchips. And a hunter smashes into the opposite wall, embedding its arm up to the elbow. You skid to a halt and raise the pistol, ready for its speed this time. The thing extracts its arm from the wall and looks down the hallway then looks the other way toward you. As it straightens itself towards you and opens its mouth to scream you open fire on its face, advancing on it as you do. The hunter's scream is the cut off as a bullet hits it in the throat. But the things only reaction to your assault was to start running towards you. It was easily pushing through the wall of bullets you were throwing at it. But suddenly something vital must have been hit because it gave one last strangled cry the fell to the ground.

You bolt towards the door. Not wanting to face another off those things. Its only a matter of time before you meet up with two of them. You reach the doorway and kick it open. The room is in the same condition as when you left it. You run to the window and dive out it head first landing heavily on your shoulder but otherwise fine. You can hear more of those things screeching inside. You look around. checking for any carriers. The areas clear. You push your self to your feet then run down the alley on your left. Shooting a decaying male stumbling towards you. As you jump over his body a deafening explosion knocks you off your feet. Your thrown to the ground. Feeling a wave of heat wash over you. You cover you head with your arms, feeling small debris patter against your back and clack against the side walk. You remove your hands from your head and look around. The hospital, was gone. A smoking crater left in its place. Damn. If you’d spent a minute more in there. You shake the rubble off and pick yourself up. That kid still needs the medicine. You start jogging down the alley the road at the end of this alleyway. It was the shortest route to the safe house.

You reach the street and turn left. The house is on the other side of the block right next to the clock tower. You glance over the high wall wondering how much time you'd spent running around town. Then notice that you can't see the clock tower. A pillar of smoke rises from were the clock should be. That doesn’t bode well.

You jog round the block having to despatch a few carriers on the way. You reach the main gate to the clock tower. Which was open. Your sure that when you left it was closed. But its the sight beyond the gate that draws your attention. The clock tower is destroyed. It looks like a helicopter had crashed into it. Bringing it down and sending a large portion of the tower tittering towards. The house! You bolt towards the side alley. A few zombies were in it but none were survivors from inside. You shoot them quickly and run up to the pulley. The rope was in a heap on the ground. But the way you'd designed it was to prevent the rope from falling out completely. A knot in the rope keeping it from falling out of the block and tackle. "Hey! Anyone in there?" You yell. You wait a second but no response.

You holster the pistol and grip the rope climbing up quickly. You look inside the entry window and see no one around. But a blood splatter on the far wall of the room makes your heart fall. You swing forward and pull yourself in the window. Pulling your pistol again and checking ammo. As you cock the gun you hear a groan from some were nearby.

You walk carefully to the doorway. Nudging it open with the barrel of your pistol. It was dark but the windows in the hallway allowed enough sight to see the figure shuffling down the hallway. Oblivious to your presence. You whisper "Pssst, you alright" No answer. It stumbles into the light and you can just make out the colour of his clothing. A tartan pattern similar to what Riley wore. "Hey Riley." You whisper. He slowly turns around. Revealing a blood splattered front. His nose and part of his face missing. "Sorry man." You whisper putting a bullet in his brain. Poor guy. No one deserved that. You step over his body and walk over to the second floor balcony. You gasp when you see the state of the foyer. The main room used for living. A large chunk of masonry had hit the side wall bringing it down and allowing zombies to enter. Most of the people had shuffled out or were in other rooms. But five or so were still wandering around in between the beds. You can see various guns scattered around the place. Looks like the survivors didn’t go down without a fight.

You turn away from the blood splattered foyer. What the hell do you do know? You walk into a nearby room and shoot the women crawling around on the floor. Her legs missing and her entrails slithering behind her. And sit down on a bed. "Dammit" You yell. You’ve failed again. Your only job was to save these people and you were gone the time they really needed you. Why did this always happen? "Hey didn’t you find a document?" That small voice notes. You take your hands off your head. That’s right. The one marked with the Umbrella logo. You pull off your bag and start rummaging through it. Finding the papers and putting them in order. You read through them again and come to a conclusion. Umbrella knew what those things were and it sounded like they had something to do with creating them. This whole incident was probably a result of some sort of bio weapons research. Yep that was it, you had to get the hell out of this town and try to take down Umbrella. No! That’s ridiculous, your a solider and their a multimillion dollar company. They’d just discount you then you’d "disappear". No you need to escape first. Hold it wasn’t there a big thing about that S.T.A.R.S group. They had trouble during a mission at some mansion in the hills and were reported to be rambling about monsters. Probably not rambling anymore. And shortly afterwards the whole group "disappeared". Maybe you could hunt them down and help them. There was that fellow from the Mossad who owed you a favour. The Israeli's usually took debts pretty seriously. But first you had to escape this nightmare. You couldn’t do it on foot you’d need a vehicle. The police should have a few armoured vans. Yep that was it. You go to the cops office. borrow a van reinforce it then get the hell out of here. You look over at the corpse of that poor women. You’ve gotten used to the smell of decay. The body was pretty far gone and letting off a powerful smell. But then again the whole city smelled like a slaughterhouse. You shake you head and push off the old bed. It's springs straining. Dammit this night was going to go on forever. You sign as you recheck and redistribute your ammo.

Note: I know that the story might not be that horrific. But that's probably because I dont really fear this kind of scenario. I dream of it. And I hope that I would act as Fred does.

Thanks to any one whos following the trilogy. (yes i have one more to write but other projects are coming first).

Please leave feedback on anything from spelling of grammer errors to comments about your ideas on what might be in story three (A character from the games will appear. Points to anyone who guesses tip:the individual is a male.)

I wonder if im rambling to an empty room? So to speak.
© Copyright 2009 horosuma (horosuma at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529625-Resident-Rvil-Damnation-chapter-2