*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529715-Down-with-Cliches
Rated: E · Assignment · Other · #1529715
A less than stellar attempt at completing Assignment 6-2
George has been working at the same automobile factory six days a week, ten hours a day, for the past twelve years.
1. George felt as worn out as his sister’s antique saddle oxfords.
2. George felt as worn out as his great grandmother’s old patchwork quilt.
3. George felt so worn out someone must have removed his spark plugs.

Katie had been working all day in the summer sun.
1. Katie felt so hot and tired she could have been the greased pig in a children’s rodeo romp.
2. Katie now knew how slaves in the South felt after a long day of picking cotton.
3. Katie was so hot she felt like an Iraqi women in a Burka after completing her first 5K race.

This is Kim Su’s first day at college, and she in the middle of a chaotic morning registration session.
1. Kim Su’s college registration experience left her feeling like a visitor at an ADD circus.
2. Kim Su’s was so confused at registration, she felt like she had stepped into an episode of Lost in Space.
3. While standing in line at her first day of college registration, Kim Su kept having flashbacks of herself caught up in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Victor spent his entire summer vacation watching quiz shows and soap operas on television.
1. After a summer in front of the boob tube, Victor had a zombie stare.
2. After a summer of watching game shows, Victor used an imaginary buzzer before answering the teacher’s questions.
3. After the summer vacation, the Jeopardy-crazed Victor only spoke in questions.

After all the troubles of the past few weeks, Sandy felt peaceful at last.
1. Sandy was as peaceful as the ocean at sunset on a windless day.
2. Finally, Sandy was at peace and slept like a well-fed baby.
3. Sandy was as peaceful as a worn-out coon dog.


© Copyright 2009 Rixfarmgirl (rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1529715-Down-with-Cliches