*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530681-Mystery-Man
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1530681
R an uptight girl finally meets a stranger who may be able to change her for the better.
Staring deep in thought into the swirls of cream blending in with the charcoal dark caffeinated coffee creating a light caramel colored hot beverage, she pondered upon the event that had just occurred days ago confused and bitter. The emotions going through her mind baffled her; R grew up in a strict and dull home where everything was orderly and perfect. Fun or enjoyment was a word foreign in her family where she learned to listen and obey; expressing your opinion didn’t matter in fact it was frowned upon where she was from. The way she grew up made her the person she is now quiet, shy, not so open when it came to certain things, R never took a risk or did anything exciting in her life, she would worry about the consequences or how it would change her. Her prudness and trust issues went as far as never being kissed until she was twenty-three which was not so far ago as a matter of fact, three days ago to be exact.

You see three days ago, on a blistering hot summer Tuesday R was power walking down central park enjoying the scorching heat that was beating down her back, she could see the sweat dripping of her nose and onto her lower lip tasting the salty liquid. After a half an hour of her torture filled exercise, which she barely had time for anymore R decided to go to a cafe for an iced cold coffee drink which she devoured faster than she could say the name of, she wondered bitterly why she even bothered going for that walk when she drank a day’s worth of calories. As she was in the middle of mentally yelling at herself R noticed a pair of piercing warm brown eyes staring at her, never has she been caught off her guard like she was at that moment wondering why her heart rate was rapidly increasing she wasn’t even walking! Breaking the trance the mysterious man put her under R looked down at the empty plastic cup that was in front of her watching the bits and pieces of chocolate shavings melting and mixing with the left over coffee. As she was watching the whole process The mysterious man walked over to her table, R looked up in awe and speechless the man was amazing beyond words he was tall and tanned his wavy dark chestnut hair slicked back looked perfect on his perfectly sculpted face, those chocolate brown pools for eyes he had made her knees weak, his body was something craved out of every female’s fantasy broad shoulders, lean body, nice toned muscles and an amazing smile.
“Hi, could I join you?” he said in his sensual deep voice.
R wasn’t sure what to say, or if she was capable of getting any kind of sound past her lips.
“uhm..su-sure” she replied in a off tone voice which sounded like a combination of a pig and a boy just hitting puberty.
Mr. mysterious just smiled showing his perfectly white pearly teeth and the most adorable dimples R has ever seen. He sat down analyzing her and she could feel her face heating up from his intense stare, as much as she tried not to look into his eyes R couldn’t help it they were drawing her in like a spell that had hold of her. She didn’t like the feeling of not being in control and it scared her to death.
“I’m sorry for staring it’s just that you look familiar…have we met before?”
R though reacting like a little schoolgirl because of his presence also had common sense, which kicked in through all the lust that was clouding her mind.
“Is that you’re best pick up line?”
“No but I thought I would give it a shot” he chuckled giving her a dashing prince charming kind of smile, “are you from around here? I’ve never seen you before”
“Not this part of town I was just going for a walk”
Mystery man looked amused though he had amazing eyes they seemed distant which frustrated R she always likes to be one step ahead of everything and not left in the dark like she was feeling at that moment.
“My name is B and you are..?”
“R”
“you’re not very social are you R”
R was irritated by this smart mouthed gorgeous man yet she was so attracted to him it was looking impossible to stay composed.
“Excuse me?”
“I apologize, so what do you do?
“I work and I have to go, it was nice to meet you”
R panicked she felt like her grip on control was slipping away and she had to get away from B to get regain some of that control back. As R got up about to leave the table B said “Before you leave could I have your number R? I mean who knows when will see each other the next time”
“You say it like it’s a bad thing”
“At least let me walk you back to your car?”
R looked at him and reasoned with herself what could it hurt, looking into his eyes once again she couldn’t say no they always got to her soul and had a tight grip on it.
They walked in silence enjoying it, reaching her jet black R started feel nervous and didn’t know why. B was still smiling at her tucking a strand of her mocha colored hair behind her. R didn’t know what was going on she just met this stranger and already she felt like he was getting closer to her than anyone ever has in her life. B leaned in and gave her a small kiss tasting his lips R couldn’t believe how sweet he tasted and amazing. When he looked up at her B smiled again looking at her starry eyed eyes not able to move an inch.
“So can I have your number before you leave?” he whispered into her ear sending a shiver down her spine.
R still dazed and confused looked at him and said “ye-yea..It’s um..628..I um what’s yours?”
B couldn’t help but let a chuckle out, R got his number and called his phone so he would have hers since she forgot her number being caught up in the moment of her first kiss and an amazing one at that. Getting a grip of herself R smiled at him “I have to go I’ll see you ..Whenever I guess” walking around him without saying another word she got into the car, as she started her car there was a knock on the window and pulled it down
“There is this little restaurant I know would you like to go to Angelo’s sometime..Say next Friday?”
“Sure I would love to”
Leaning in B gave her a soft sweet kiss on the cheek and left, as R was driving her head was spinning with questions she didn’t have the answers to.

Gazing out the window, B felt a twinge of happiness for the first time in her life she truly felt happy thinking about the event that had occurred between her and B and looking forward to something she wanted to do her very first date. Getting up B grabbed her purse walking out the café never touching her coffee.






© Copyright 2009 sleepy night (nr88 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1530681-Mystery-Man