*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531344-The-earth-and-time
by tony
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Women's · #1531344
what we are
The earth and time

I look around this world’s beauty and I feel its purpose. I believe the earth has a spirit much like the angels in heaven and it has a desire to be needed. Appreciate the earth for what it is and has been by giving it something. Give it back a little time and feel the winds and embrace the storms so they can teach us lessons of endurance as well as resilience. The wind instructs us on patients as the storms educate us on the importance of decisive actions.
I believe every child born takes possession of a small piece of time. This is a token from the earth’s spirit. We took this time and made the most of it by giving to one another, by loving some one. Creating life in order to replenish the earth with our children. The power and energy a child contains could power one adult for two life times. To a child time is as big as the things that are unknown. As a child every thing is new and time moves slowly, as a child gets older the more they learn and the swifter the moments begin to pass them by. We join together to create things with new ideas and hard work. That is what we reach for, to create accomplishments for every second of that day. We find meaning to life in one form or another, so we can leave a piece of our selves behind. That’s why we do the best for our children, not just for them, but their generations so that we might be remembered.
We as a people have not inherited this planet from our parent’s not the land or the air neither can we live the events and trials of their lives. We are educated in schools to learn the history that was created by those before us. Allowing us to continue on that path, no matter the time period we are in, there are trials to be challenged and judgments to be made. There was no indoor plumbing when God walked the earth, but there was a constant struggle for survival, even their very lives. Our technologies and advanced studies have brought great things that last for generations. We all have a stake in the survival of our children, but as soon as we realize that our time is short the race to the end begins. When we die there is a civilization remaining to remember us, no matter how small we were in life. Without children nothing would matter, there would be no one left to record the future or learn of the past. No one left to comfort the earth’s whispering spirit.
The earth gives us days and nights. These teach us the things of good and evil. Be afraid of the evil that lives in the darkness, their eyes search for someone to torment. Darkness is the vale of deception and it is present in the noonday shadows.
Breaths deeply, listen to the wind and feel it its embrace upon your skin and remember the earth’s voice. A voice heard clearly by children.






© Copyright 2009 tony (tonyschelling at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1531344-The-earth-and-time