*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1533932-Pheniox-Ecplise-Chapter-2
by Darius
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1533932
A dark figure on a rooftop takes aim
                                                  “Assassinated”

It was raining then again it always rain in Rain City but it rain harder than usual, it was darker than a solar eclipse in a black hole no heavenly rays would shine through the smoldering black clouds. I was on one of the four biggest & tallest buildings in the middle of the city, I was wearing a black coat with two dark gold stripes on both shoulders, black gloves & jeans, black & gold Nikes, and was wearing black cloth on the bottom half of my face. I pulled my hood over my head and picked up the historical Lincoln Repeater Rifle that was lying beside me which my “employer” provided if I wanted to get the bonus. I brought the rifle close to my face to aim straight ahead of me and then I slowly pulled the trigger. “Click” the gun made, I reload the gun and took aim again and this time when I pulled the trigger a bullet came out start going through a apartment window, through a donut that was going to be consumed by a man, through five car’s windows on the 6th floor of the garage and finally pass through a business meeting window and into now exploding head of a middle aged man now wearing a blood stained grey suit, sitting at the end of the table. I pulled out my Iphone and dialed a number, started to it ring “Yes” an emotionless mans voice said “you have one less person to worry about” I said “well done Chimera you did well ridding one of the last Umbrella executives. “yeah yeah where is my pay & bonus. I said eagerly “your money is in your account and the bonus well since you have good accuracy with that weapon you get to keep.” “Now excuses me why I have to attend some unfinished business I hope we work together again soon.” then he hung up, I put my Iphone back in my pocket and started to walk to the edge of the roof, then I felt a fiery pain on my right arm I pulled of my glove which showed not smooth brown skin but infected black metallic skin with dark yellow glowing veins coursing through them. I sigh and put my glove back on and pulled out some black sunglass to cover my dark gold-yellow eyes and then jumped off the rooftop and using my infected hand to skid down the side of the building.
© Copyright 2009 Darius (dariuscarmine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1533932-Pheniox-Ecplise-Chapter-2