*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536455-Darkness
by Emry
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1536455
A short story about a what some feel about being a lone


         In the ebony of night I stand. Nobody sees me there, for I am like a shadow. I stand alone, watching over the people in my life. But always off to the side and from a distance. For I know that am not welcome among my own kind, or the people around me. I try to pull myself into the group, but am pushed out once again to watch them from a distance. I long to be a part of what I se, like anyone who is told they can’t have something. I am told to walk away, yet I don’t. I stand by watching, hoping to be drawn into the place I long to be.

         So I stand in the darkness, watching the people around me, wondering if I am destine to stand alone like the shadow of darkness, for the darkness hides me and my flaws. To my surprise I see a face turn to me. I am no longer a hidden shadow for I have been seen. Like my voice is the wind I whisper. “Don’t let me stand a lone in the darkness like the shadow. Save me before it is too late!”

         Sorrow crosses the face that now watches me, and then I hear her murmur, “No vampire is welcome here, you must stand alone forever.”

         I bow my head in defeat, but then I look back at the world I have stocked and watched for centuries. If I cannot have the treasures of light, life and friends. Then I shall own the darkness that has always protected me. Once again I stand alone in the darkness watching the people around me. No one sees me, but now I smile. For the darkness gives me sanctuary. Forever in darkness I stand.

© Copyright 2009 Emry (red_puppy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536455-Darkness