*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536936-Preface
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Preface · Fantasy · #1536936
Preface to my Novel in progress: "The Black Aurora"
        As the dusk passes, the solemn beams of the blue moon pierce through the ancient trees of the Ix forest, creating what seems to be the perfect summer night. A gentle summer breeze rustles the leaves and cools the faces of the last remaining hunting party of Transiton. As the two companions continue to make their way back to the place they call home, a sudden flash of heat and light spill across the forest underbrush, disturbing the leaves from autumns past. The two look up at the startled birds flying overhead flying away from the blast. With a simultaneous, worried look, they both realize that the blast came from Transiton.



        Vane and Bossnat run towards the burning village, oblivious of what terrors have occurred there. They arrive to see burning buildings and the desecrated bodies of friends and loved ones strung out across the village square. Bossnat takes off headed towards the engulfed council building, Vane looks around and sees the semi conscious body of Alli, his mothers beloved friend. As Vane runs over to aid Alli he notices Bossnat pulling someone out of the council building. “Where is my mother.”, asks Vane as he elevates the head of Alli. She points towards the well, Vane gently lowers the head of Alli and runs to the lifeless body that lays next to the well. Vane kneels down into the crimson pool surrounding the body, out of breath he pulls the left shoulder of the body to reveal it is his mother. As the lump in his throat begins to swell he finds that her throat has been slit!
© Copyright 2009 J.T. Chunn (j.t.c at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1536936-Preface