*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538925-Just-a-Dream
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1538925
A short werewolf story writen as a kinda dream sequence.
I was running wild, lost in a haze of rage and blood lust. I was hungry. The figures before me where my prey. I lunged and in one swift move brought down the closest of the two figures and sank my teeth into its throat choking its final screams. I the proceeded to feed off of the fresh carcass, veraciously ripping flesh from bone.

Before I could complete my meal a piercing pain tore though my right shoulder accompanied by a thunderous boom. I let out a howl of pain and grasped my wounded shoulder turning on the figure responsible for interrupting my meal.I was flung into a deep feral rage and forgetting my pain, charged full force at my assailant. He let out a few more thunderous attacks as I closed in but his fear had clouded his aim. In a flash I had grasped my second meal by the throat digging my claws into its flesh as it helplessly tried to pull its self from my grasp. As my grip tightened, slowly squeezing the life out of this poor creature, its eyes began to roll back as its feeble grasp on life became weaker and weaker.

Suddenly I heard a shout. Though I couldn't understand it I knew it wasn't a cry of fear like what had been uttered buy these two. It sounded confident, almost like a command. A command? one of these weak little things issuing a command to its predator? I dropped the half dead one as I turned and approached my newest prey. Interestingly this new one stood its ground as I approached, but it was standing a good distance away surely its bravado will diminish as does our distance. I broke into a charge closing the distance swiftly foot by foot ,inch by inch but still it held its ground. It even dared to shout out its "command" again. This time I some how understood it.

"Therian, stop this now. Get control of yourself."it repeated, she repeated somehow she seemed familiar. Therian? the name sounded familiar. I broke my charge and halted about a foot from her. Therian..., that's my name isn't it? Get control of myself? I am in control...aren't I? Then I realized, this isn't me I'm not some beast consumed by blood lust, I looked down at my blood stained bestial claws, at least I'm not supposed to be. I'm supposed to be human just like... with slow horrible realization I began to realize my prey from just moments ago where humans! People! I had actually just killed and eaten another human being!

"Wha-what is-" I began to ask but was cut off by the barks and growls I had began to utter.I placed my ..paws -for lack of better term- on my head and began to shake my head as I was over taken by panic and confusion what should of been confused words trying to make sense of what could only be some hellish nightmare came out as nothing more then grunts and growled with further added to my distress.

"Therian, calm down. It's going to be ok I can help." she, Jessica, said in a reassuring voice

Calm down!? when Ive become this beast? I doubt you can be of any help here! I began to lose my self to my rage and frustration my blood lust began to take over again.


"Damn it Jessica, run! Before I lose i control."I wanted to shout but was unable to. She began to approach me I took a step back shaking my head, and motioning for here to leave me,but she just drew closer and closer all the while half my mind screaming for her to run the other half wanting to feel her throat be crushed between my jaws. With a final step she was right in front of me. We stood face to face for a few seconds looking into each others eyes, then she drew me into a hug.

"There, there" she said softly" Its ok, everything is ok. You just grab your kill and follow me I know a place where we can eat in peace"

Suddenly every thing felt somehow... right my blood lust was reduced to a mild hunger, and my confusion and frustration had subsided, for now. I then did as I was told picked up the carcass of the first prey and followed Jessica into the forest
© Copyright 2009 Rye Soshina (nogitzune at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538925-Just-a-Dream