*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1541863-Bad-Hansel-Evil-Gretal
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Other · #1541863
Hansel and Gretal with a twist.
Once upon a time there was a little boy named Hansel who had an older sister Gretal. They lived in the woods with their father and stepmother. They were very bad children. Hansel would steal from his stepmother's purse and Gretal would shoot animals in the forest with her BB gun. They were not pleasant children at all. Their father was a nice old man who loved his children, even though they were naughty. The stepmother was also very nice. When she had first married Hansel and Gretal's father, she had promised the children she would treat them as her own. The stepmother bought Gretal a very nice pink dress with bows and bought Hansel a train set. Hansel put the train set in the fire the next day. He did not want her in his life and has tried to get rid of her ever since. Gretal did not want a new mother either. Gretal ripped up the dress and put it in the trash. She would go out and stomp on the garden her stepmother would try to grow, just to upset her.

One night the children were totally out of hand. Gretal shot a bird and put it in her stepmother's purse, still half alive. Hansel had stolen his stepmother's golden bracelet out of her jewelry box. The children were gone for the afternoon, so she approached their father.

"I know you love your children, but it's me or them. I can not deal with their tricks anymore, that little brat put a half dead bird in my purse! I have a feeling a Hansel took a piece of my jewelry again too!" The stepmother said.

"I know they are bad...but they are my kids. I love them." The father replied.

"I tried to love them and they do not want my love."

"I will not abandon my children."

"Then I will leave."

"Please do not make me choose between you." As the father said this Hansel had walked up to the window and was listening.

"They are making you do this, not me."

"Very well. I will lead them deep into the woods and maybe they will not be able to find their way home."

"Very well." The stepmother smiled.

Hansel thought. That old hag! I better talk to my sister about this. Hansel searched nearby and located Gretal.

"Gretal!" Hansel called as he sat on a log next to her, she was shooting things again.

"Hey little brother!" Gretal greeted him.

"We have to talk."

"Okay."

"Our stepmother pursued father to take us in the woods tomorrow and lose us."

"Are you serious?!" She threw her BB gun down and her face turned red. "This is not going to be good for her." Gretal stomped off. Hansel saw a sparkle on the ground. He all at once had a great idea. I can make a trail of pebbles. This way we will not hurt father's feelings and we still will find our way home.

"Gretal...wait!" Hansel called after her. Hansel chased after her.

"What?!" she answered.

"I have an idea." Hansel explained his idea to Gretal and she reluctantly agreed.

The next afternoon, their father told them they were going on a walk to gather wood and berries around the woods. The children knew better though and that's why the little boy had a pocket full of pebbles and dropped them as they walked. As they reached deep into the woods, their father said he had to go potty and that he'd be back. They knew he wouldn't be though. The children waited for an hour and followed the pebbles home.

As they reached their little house Gretal had the biggest grin. They walked inside and their stepmother looked horrified. Although, their father was overcome with joy and hugged them both. After the children went to bed, the stepmother told the father he was to lead the children deeper into the woods, and once again he agreed.

The next afternoon he told the children that they were once again going to the woods to gather supplies. The children knew better, but Hansel had no pebbles in his pockets. They reached the woods and once again their father left.

"Hansel, what are we going to do?"

"It's okay Gretal. We'll find our way back. Let's go."

Hansel and Gretal walked for what seemed like forever. They were hungry and angry, not a good combination.

"Hansel, look!" his sister shouted.

There was a house in the distance that appeared to be made out of candy and all other types of sweets! It had licorice windows and a graham cracker door. The house had vanilla icing on the roof and a chocolate chimney that surprisingly was not melted. The children started to eat the house at once. While Gretal gnawed on the licorice window and Hansel was taking bites of the frosting, an old lady appeared.

"Hello children. The lady said. The children stopped eating the lady's house.

"Hi. We're sorry, we are just very hungry." said Hansel.

"Why don't you come in and get some hot chocolate? You can tell me your story."

"Okay." The children followed the lady inside.

Hansel told the lady their story. She was sympathetic ans told them they could stay as long as they needed. The lady showed them their rooms. Gretal's room had a pink fluffy bed, that looked like it was as soft as marshmallows. Hansel's room had a bed that looked like it was made of a chocolate bar with peppermint pillows. The old lady went to her bedroom down the hall. Gretal went into Hansel's room.

"Hansel, I have a great idea." Gretal whispered.

"What?" Hansel asked.

"Tomorrow I'll kill the old lady, take all the valuables she has, and take parts of her house."

"Then what?"

"Then, we'll go home."

"What are we going to tell father?"

"We will tell him that the old hag tried to eat you and made me her servant."

"I dunno about this..."

"That is the plan! Sweet dreams."

The next morning the old lady was making breakfast. Hansel and Gretal walked into the kitchen.

"How did you sleep dears?"

"Great, thank you." Hansel replied.

"Lovely."

"Would you show me how to make bread?" Gretal asked.

"Certainly, come over here."

The devious little girl helped knead the dough and then it was time to put it in the oven. The old lady bent down and Gretal pushed her in the oven! Hansel was stunned.

"Hurry! Gather all you can!" Gretal ordered.

The children gather gold coins, food, and other valuable items and headed home. Soon enough they found their little house. Hansel and Gretal walked in and their father was overjoyed. Gretal explained all that had happened, well her version. Hansel asked where their stepmother was and their father told them she had passed away in their absence.

The End

Word Count 1,152
© Copyright 2009 masseye75 (masseye75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1541863-Bad-Hansel-Evil-Gretal