*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1542721-RIse-Against
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Inspirational · #1542721
A poem about rising against those who try to keep you down...


Together we rise as a unit above this filth we like to call Earth.

No more will we gravel for your ridiculous urges.

We now stand straight, no more bend and curves to this thing we call backbone.

We stand strong above the rest because now we have the confidence to get this frustration off our chest.

Can you hear us more or less?

I said, can you hear us more or less?

Cause honestly, I don’t think you can cause right now you won’t have a doubt in you mind that we mean business.

Try becoming a witness to the biggest manifestation of a culture that’s sick and tired.

No I mean we’re sick and tired of being tied to your overbearing need to have control, restraining us with your limitations and allowing us to be under subjugation of ridicule and pejorative laughter.

Oh now you laugh but isn’t that after you’ve mastered the art of ripping the fibers from a human being.

Oh is it really worth seeing someone fall to pieces in front of you just so you can feel your own self being put back together.

Do you get a kick out of seeing us fall?

Well get ready to knock us back down because now we know knowledge cures ignorance and we’re prepared to be contagious.

We collectively stand solid as gold and Phelps ain’t got nothing on us.

We’re too hot to touch, see the steam rise up.

We know we’re the best, shake that dirt off your chest.

We proudly stand tall as child soldiers ready to destroy anything that stops us from being ourselves, because finally we have faith.

And we unanimously rise above this filth we call home and leave behind the weak that rather be alone.

© Copyright 2009 Dark at the Angels feet (kiki609 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1542721-RIse-Against