*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545328-Logic-of-Love
by vidya
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1545328
This story is about how can two opposite things - logic and love - can be related.
There in the deep wild forest lived a flower. You can wonder how can a flower live? ok, here as the flower is illogical(in this context of narration), and since it is logical for a flower to last no longer than a day- flower lived without the bound of time.



And then there was this mighty, wise ant. And our lovely flower was in love with this logical ant without any logic.



One day she was singing to herself about her love to ant-



'You love me, lady?'



Oh, it was ant. Her eye-lashes were becoming heavier from shyness that she thought she will become bud again. But the urge to talk with him was blossoming her heart.



Flower told - 'yes'



Ant couldnt understand what she is saying. He only can understand theorems, lemmas, proofs and corollaries. He asked her - Then prove it.



Flower told - Love is beyond logic. Love is..



'Are you saying that ur love is greater than my logic. Now this has to be tested.' Ant was so angry on her nonsense talk.



'But love cant be proved'



'This is escapism. You are saying love is beyond logic. But comparison is just a tool of logic.'



'May be he is correct.' she thought. And when you are in love whatever ur lover utters appears as drops of truth. 'Ok, but how should i prove?'



'Oh, it is something you would love to prove. You have to prove that you love me. That is, you have to convince Me that you love me'



'Oh' She couldnt say more than that. 'How can I form long arguments, I dont know anything about this logic?' she asked.



How to decide whether the flower loved the ant or not. Ant thought. Finally he had an idea. Flower can use the 'I love you' 'I love you not' test using her own petals.



Flower was so sure that she loved the ant. She was ready for the test and the sacrifice. She wanted to prove that love existed so badly that she didnt know what tragedy she was inviting. She started to believe in the logic.



Ant started tearing one by one petal.

'You love me'

'You love me not'

'You love me'...

As the number of petals on earth increased ant found it harder to peal off petals from her. He was feeling a strange feeling. Something he never felt before...

'You love me'

'You love me not'

'You love me'...

He looked at her. She was silent. He could make out her feelings...





'You love me, you proved that you love me... ' - looking at the last petal ant exclaimed. He couldnt talk any more. All the greatness of love was shining like a perfect crystal of sugar. Tears started to flow from his eyes without control. Completely illogical for logical ant. And at that moment he realized how love is above all logic. And in proving that what a sacrifice flower had done. He wanted to tell flower how much he loved her. But words were not coming now..



Silence was ruling the forest. No arguments of logic, no laughs of love. Ant looked at flower. There was something wrong, terribly wrong, other than the life blood flowing out of her body. She was looking all pale, lifeless. He rushed towards her , holding her hand he confessed-

'Oh flower, I love you. And we are proof that love exists'



Then flower out of her logic told - you know what is the contradiction here? This only petal is the proof of my existence and existence of love. This proves that I love you... And love is backboned by trust... But notion of proof denies the existence of trust... So since I love you, I dont love you. So there is no meaning for my existence in the world of logic...



She ripped off her last petal with the last words 'I dont love you.'

© Copyright 2009 vidya (vidyabayadi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545328-Logic-of-Love