*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545677-A-Night-to-Remember
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1545677
Just something random
Esoteric as the day is long, his evegreen forest-coloured trench coat twirling about madly with her in his strong, lithe arms. She skittishly glanced at his sullen face and simply blushed, the vast moonlight caressing her and enhancing her features even the more. She opened her mouth, started to say something, anything she thought would impress him, but she thought it best to say naught and simply…blushed. She sported a simple violet coloured dress accompanied by small pearls nipping at her neck that had previously been in her mother’s possession, and a small diamond ring that her father had graciously bestowed upon her before he left her world forever.
         He wore a simple midnight and white coloured tux that would have appeared to be just an ordinary tux, nothing spectacular about it, to those who were outside looking in. But to the seldom few who knew the true tale, this tuxedo the man wore was no ordinary tux. Being a merchant by trade and a poet by nature, the young man had lived a prosperous but unfulfilled life. He was the type of man who lived as the sovereign nobility of years past when King Henry VIII ruled. He had a sneaky mind, and an even more deceptive heart, but that mattered not to him. To him, everyone and everything were beneath him, not good enough. Everyone that was, except her. She was the apple of his eye, his sole reason for existing at least until, he found another to snare within his Venus flytrap.
            As he held his angel in his arms, he allowed himself to be persuaded by the moon’s parental scoff as he held his betrothed ever so tighter as if shielding her from dangers unseen or even unimagined by the most psychotic mind. He gazed mesmerizing into the windows of her tattered, confused soul. Having known her only moments prior, he already knew who and what she was just by that glance into her eyes. He saw that she was a princess locked in a tower, that she was a prisoner of her own analytical, obscure mind, that she was searching, nay, longing for a love so true, he saw the hurt and pain. He saw all of that and then some.The music slowly died out and still they held each other so closely, almost as if they were afraid of breaking each other. The man leaned forward ever so slightly and their lips met under the gaze of a full moon and the whispering, callow stars.
© Copyright 2009 Diamon'd♥ (jeruyoung at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545677-A-Night-to-Remember