*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545726-Posessed-Prologue
by Beccah
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1545726
not sure where this is going yet...it'll unravel as I continue writing...weird I guess...
Alyssa sat on the floor, surrounded by five candles, placed in a circle around her.  How could he do this to me? She thought to herself, shutting her eyes and fighting to keep back the tears. How could he tell me he loves me, then just…leave me? She opened her eyes and tilted her head back to stare at the ceiling. She leaned back on her hands, then grimaced. Well, whatever his motives were, it didn’t matter. She wanted revenge. I will make him pay. He can’t do that.  He’d rather mess around with some other girl. Girls, she remembered bitterly. Jacob, surrounded by three of four girls, every one of them all over him, kissing him, touching him, flirting shamelessly.  And he ditched her for that? Well, now they all would pay. All of them. Every last one, she thought, and stood up. 
         “Spirits of vengeance, she whispered, lighting each candle slowly, “hear my pleas. Help me find my revenge against the ones who have wronged me, and I will be forever in your debt.” She started a bit as a shadow darted across her wall, then continued, “Come to me now, I beseech you, assist me, Help me find vengeance!” another shadow scurried across the floor, a third crawled along the ceiling.  “Come from hiding and help the wronged be righted!”
         There were a ton of them now, surrounding the candle-lit circle, unable to enter it. A voice hissed from the darkness, “What will you do if we help you?”
         “Anything,” she replied. “Anything you ask. All I want is to be avenged.”
         “Anything,” the voice hissed. “a bold response. Very well. Remember this vow, for it is irrevocable...” and then, before her very eyes, the shadows melded together, grew taller and wider, then crashed over her like a wave, enveloping her in darkness. What have I gotten myself into? She thought to herself, then her mind  went blank.
© Copyright 2009 Beccah (rlnilson0912 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545726-Posessed-Prologue