*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547940-Posessed-Chapter-One
by Beccah
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #1547940
Alyssa becomes acquainted with the demon she summoned to help her find revenge.
Chapter One

W-what? What happened? Alyssa thought as she sat up. She looked around her room blearily, blinking to clear her vision. She looked down at her clothes and gasped. She was wearing the exact same outfit she’d been wearing the day before, and they looked spotless, but her hands were stained a reddish-brown, rusty-smelling…Oh god, she thought, oh no oh no oh no! It can’t be! But it was. It smelled like blood, and looked like it, but… “How the hell did I get blood on me?” she whispered to herself, staring at her hands, puzzled.
A knock on her door startled her, and she jumped, pulling a blanket over her quickly.
“Lyss? You okay?” her mother’s voice asked through the door.
“Yeah, mum, everything’s fine,” she replied, trying to keep her voice normal.
“Okay, well, you better get ready for school. It’s almost time to go.”
“Kay. Be right down.” She got up and grabbed her clothes, then paused to glance in the mirror, and jumped back, covering her mouth to keep in the shriek. All around her, there was this…cloud of darkness, with eerie red eyes peering out above here head…no, behind her shoulder…no, beside her hip…no, above her head again…she blinked and shook her head. “what is this?”
“The answer to your plea, child,” the voice hissed in her ear. “We’ll protect you, but you will obey us.”
Alyssa looked around wildly, trying to see the source of the voice, but no one was there. The voice laughed in her ear.
“you’re not crazy. We are real, just as real as you.”
“What am I supposed to do?” she asked. “What are you going to ask of me?”
“You asked for revenge against those who wronged you. We ask for blood to be spilled. You will spill the blood. We will seek revenge. This is the arrangement. You are now ours.”
“And when you’re done, you’ll leave?”
“We’ll see…we’ll see…”

Alyssa sighed and walked down the stairs, clean and dressed, half an hour later. Her mom stood in the kitchen, her back turned to the stairs. “Hey Mum,” she said calmly. Her mother turned to her, smiling.
“Hey, Lyss…” her voice trailed off as she stared at her daughter, and her smile faded slowly.
“What? You okay, Mom?” Alyssa asked. Her mom shook her head.
“Fine, sweetie. Are you?”
“yeah.” No. “everything’s great.”
“You’re sure?” she asked, looking at her daughter wearily, worry showing in her eyes.
“Of course.” Not.
“Okay, if you’re sure…” her mom said doubtfully.
“I am, Mom.” Liar. I promise.” She took a sip from a glass of orange juice. “Listen, I have to go. School, you know?”
“Okay, sweetie. I Love you. Let me know if you want to come home today, okay? You look like you’re not feeling well.”
“Okay mom. I Love you too. I’ll see you later. Bye.” She grabbed her bag and headed out the door. “Okay what’s going on?” she asked the voice. What happened.
The payment has begun,” the voice hissed back. “You made your first kill last night. We controlled it, and you remember nothing. Tonight you shall feel the change as you become a creature of the darkness, and you will remember the kill.
“Um, yeah, I’d really rather not.”
Too bad weak little human. You have no choice. We have a deal.
“And what about your side? When does Jake pay for ripping my heart out?”
When you return the favor, the voice hissed.
“Woah, woah, woah, wait what?” she practically shrieked, and an elderly couple looked at her strangely from across the street. “Sorry,” she called to them, smiling, “memorizing lines for a play.” They looked away and continued walking. Alyssa continued in a quieter voice, “I never said I wanted him dead. Just revenge!”
Aaaah, the voice cackled smoothly, and what better revenge than to tear his hear out, as he did to you? Picture it: you, holding all the power, standing over him, as he begs for your forgiveness. And you have the power to make him suffer, make him suffer for the pain he caused you. And then we go after his little lady friends. The ones who helped him tear your heart out. Doesn’t that sound pleasant?
“Do I have a choice?”
But of course, my dear. I am here to protect you. That is all. To help you. To avenge you. But you will love it, Alyssa, child. You will enjoy the pain in his eyes. The feel of his blood on your fingers, knowing he is bleeding for you.
“Well shouldn’t we make him suffer, kill his sluts first?” Alyssa asked before she realized what she was saying.
Verrry good Alyssa, the voice chuckled. See, you will adapt very well to this.
“Sure,” she said doubtfully.
You will.
“Are you always going to be with me?”
At first, yesss. Eventually I will leave. I am not a part of you physically. I am just blending to your aura. And I will help whenever it is necessary.
“Do you have a name?” she asked, half sarcastically. “Or do I just call you Demon Voice in my Head?”
You can call me that if you really want. Or, you can call me Rashii.
“Rashii,” she said out loud, trying it out.
Yes, he replied. Now bring me to where I can acquaint myself with your mortal enemy.
“Okay,” she said, and walked into the school as Rashii fell into silent observation.
© Copyright 2009 Beccah (rlnilson0912 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1547940-Posessed-Chapter-One