*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545744-Bad-Dreams
by FreeP
Rated: GC · Fiction · Dark · #1545744
Quick one.
They return, the dreams return just as I get used to it all, I mixed in, blended in the mess that stud there.
As soon as I closed me eyes they come, they return, the darkness that seemed to have left, an echo of a dream, a scream flied through, awakening me from my numbness.

I turn my head in the direction of the sound and stood there, frozen. The sound of foot steps in the distance, two paces coming closer and closer. A man, a beast, screams, shouts out, a women let’s out a faint, shallow cry as a blade cuts through air and flesh, severs bones and ends a fleeing life.
Dripping water and splashing sounds. An out of control, crazy laugh. A mans voice, a happy one, as if celebrating the lasts moments of his prey. Led by a reason unknown to me, curiosity maybe, I approached the origin of such horror.
As I start to get closer, the sound of slashing, cutting, grinding, becomes clearer, louder and the dream blackouts.

It seems I was nearly waking up and then, pitch black for a second, one more, then red, my eyes opened and there it was, red all over. The smell, the color, the taste, blood. I barfed, holding one hand over my stomach, tightly.
I got back up and saw the remaining, the left over’s of human beings and then a noise, a pipe falling, rolling from the wall to the middle, slowly stopping. A faint sound covered and finally the chase begins, and it ends in just a few steps.
Like a beast I jumped, like a tiger, a jaguar on the hunt, piercing the neck with a single sharp claw.

As I turned my prey I realize in horror, what I have done. I had snapped from nothing, changed from a person to an animal. In the mist of it all I realize that I was standing on top myself, a double, a twin (?). Turning to the other body, a women body, my love, my soul mate joins him, by my hands, filled with there blood and remains, me, the killer.

I wake up to the TV on: “… and now the final news of the day, serial killer on the loose, couple found dead on the city park. More with …”
© Copyright 2009 FreeP (free_pen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545744-Bad-Dreams