*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545746-Frozen-Dream-Worlds
by FreeP
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1545746
Dreams that grow leg
The dreams return ever so vivid. The city destroyed, empty, labyrinth after labyrinth of streets filled with traps, empty suits and memories frozen in time.

The air moves violently, the central square trembles, shakes to the very foundations and a gate tiers apart the reality, the statues, the pillars, the fountain, the benches, the water evaporates in a cloud of thin air.

The gate, a piece of cold, ugly metal, covered with skulls, gargoyles, men and animals start to open slowly. The noise, the screams that was coming from inside, echoed through the surrounding buildings and raised even more.
From the darkness within steps out what seem to be a human, the being that isn’t seen in millenniums. The moment the gate closed and started to vanish, the “man” slowly looked around, scouting the area.
Acknowledging the whereabouts of his location he set a marker on the ground, a red and blue flashing beacon.
He takes one steps and then lift, hovered static in that place. Turning in the direction of an empty street, he leaned forward and whiteout a warning and faster than a bullet he raced, hovering a few feet of the ground, trough the city.

As in search for something or someone, he tracked down and sniffed every place, every crack, crony and alleyway. Running pass the guards, those suits of armor that amazingly still stood, pass the buildings near collapse, sending them down as castle of cards.
He searched and searched and searched for hours long on the dark day. As it came to an end and the day light started to run away, the city fells under the effect of a strange phenomena.
The buildings, the air, the water, everything that still stands would frieze as the shadow of the night advanced.
Falling fast, the day light seemed to run after him. He speeded the search to the maximum of his capabilities but seem to be losing the fight.

The beacon placed on the square now completely frozen, with the lights slowly dying, launched an emergency signal.
The gate appears, under pressure, in the same place but now not even its power broke the ice, in fact the ice quickly surrounded it, nearly blocking its doors.

A dying man effort, he forced its way through the frozen city in a straight line to the gate. The slow embrace of the cold frost bite started to reach even his hovering ability as he started to stutter and go down.
But alas the gate in view, safety near and ready to embrace. A final effort and there, through the silent echoes and the shock waves he passes.
As he reaches the other side he thinks of the sweet rest, of good time in a beach nearby, but only until the moment he opens its eyes. The base on the other side is on a state of alert, personnel running, Special Forces coming fast and hard on his way.

The dream end here only to give place to the nightmare. The gate at the base let pass not only the scout but also the cold, frizzing the gates in a permanent open state. There world was now being affected by the world that they sought to take.
© Copyright 2009 FreeP (free_pen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1545746-Frozen-Dream-Worlds