*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1546223-Battle-of-worm-hole-jx9568
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fanfiction · #1546223
This is a short story that takes place in the online world of EVE-online(Work in progress)
"Hey Martin just how much longer are we going to be out here? This place gives me the creeps." asked Steve a new member to the expidition who was added to the team at the last minute by the higher ups.

"Were going to stay out here till our surveyors have scanned out this entire system so that we can begin phase two of our colonization of this worm hole system." Martin said a little agitated at having to baby sit this new addition to the expedition.

Why they thought it would be a good idea to throw a newb into our expiditionary force at the last minute I'll never know. But he is more of a hasle then he is worth already we had to bail him out of one of those "Sleeper" fortifications in this system nearly losing one of our repair ships.

"Hey Martin our survey team is picking something up at these coordinates I'm sending them to you now." That was Trish one of the more seasoned pilots flying with them she had already proven many times how deadly she could be at the helm of her small "stealth bomber" frigate.

"They would like us to go check it out and see if it is another one of those sleeper holes or an actual minning belt for a chance."

One of the main resons of being out here was that the higher ups had decided to use this wormhole that had connected itself ever so breifly to known space was to turn it into a proverbial hidden minning system. From where they could fund all the corpporations projects unhindered like it was in empire space and the low security space controled by alliances who's allegencces could change just as fast as a assult frigate could fly.

"Alright then lets go have a look at it shall we then?"

"Copy that do you think your going to need any heavy support with this spot?"

"Thats a negative on that Marvin I dont think were going to need any heavy support on this one as I plan to have me the new guy and Trish warp there first to check it out. If we do need any help we'll call you okay?"

"Roger that just try to keep the new guy alive we dont want to lose anyone this early into our expidition Martin."

"I hear you." Marvin was the expiditions heavy ship leader that consisted of mostly battleships and their modified versions.

"Hey Martin what do you want me to do once we warp into there?" asked Steve

"Steve what I want you to do is simple warp in and realign to the designated regroup spot incase the shit hits the fan and start providing EW cover for me and Trish got it?

"Okay Martin." As much as Steve was a new person his presence as a EW specialist in the field was undeniable.

"Alright guys lets warp together on my mark got it?"

"Sure thing Martin."

"Understood"

"Okay then 'Mark'!"

At once three ships warped at once towards the coordinates provided to them by the survey team. Flying a "Stealth Bomber" Frigate class Kestrel was Trish. In The Lachesis was Steve to provide his EW support for Trish and Martin. And flyng the Zealot a heavy assult crusier was Martin.

"Hey Martin you should here some of the chat that the survey team keeps passing on their channel you would expect that with the amount of chatter they keep passing you would think they had found an El Dorado or something." Trish said trying to start a short converstation during warp.

"Really they think they managed to find one for once? That would be nice as it would seem they only manage to find those damn "Sleeper" holds."

For the past few days there had been nothing but bad luck with the survey teams equipment aparently being affected by the effects of entering the worm hole upon entering it.

"Hey Martin if they do manage to have found an El Dorado what does that mean for us?" Steve asked

"It means that our day just got a lot harder as I am pretty damn sure that Wilfred would just love to get his hands on some samples of the asteroids for testing to see if they are actually high class asteroids rather then the lower class ones." Replied Martin

Wilfred was currently the leading person on minning out here and when ever he had a chance he took as much time as possible to analyze every single peice of rock hoping to find a new undiscovered ore that could prove more useful then the most common but needed astroid Veldspar.

Warping in on the designated location the first thing Martin noticed was how many fucking asteroids their were. Even after removing some of the more base asteroids like Veldspar and Scordite from the overview there were still plenty more cluttering up the overview that by the time Martin fiannaly removed them all from the overview he hand notice that he had been messaged several times by his team.

"Hey Martin you still there man?" commed Trish coming in close to his ship activating the automatic avoidance directave placed on every ship to make them automaticaly go the other way once something came in to close. It was a rather annoying detail implemented in every ship even the really big scary ones that if you saw you were more then likely about to die.

"Yeah I'm here but why you have to go and "bump" me like that for?" Martin asked stopping his ship.

"Just checking to make sure you were awake thats all. Man I guess the techies were right this time they actually founf one and no sign of any "Sleeper Drones" around." Trish said orbiting around his ship

"Alright get a hold of Martin tell him the belt is clear for him to enter and begin surveying for anything useful." Martin said relaxing in his spot when a single asteroid out of the many caught his attention.

"Alright will do." Trish replied warping out.
© Copyright 2009 Roth Doru Areaba (walkingbyself at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1546223-Battle-of-worm-hole-jx9568