*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548288-GEM-Life-Chap-1
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1548288
Join Mike Harper on the Adventure of a lifetime, as he travels with the GEMs!
Chapter 1

"Take cover!" The whole battlefield was in chaos. The Aphrokes were taking over yet another battle station from the humans. Everywhere soldiers were scrambling for cover. A young red-haired girl ran across the burnt pasture. Following her were three faceless bodies, each covered in fur, and each possesing 8 spiked arms. A mighty ship was hovering over the battlefield. A boy seemingly made of steel dove into a trench. Soon his body was back to normal, revealing him to be a tall boy, with emerald-green hair. closely following him were 2 identical boys with purple hair.

They soon joined him in the trench. "What happened, you were supposed to guard the front line!" the green boy yelled. A reply from the purple kid came pretty quickly. "It's destroyed! I can't guard it while that cannon is still firing at us." They both looked up. It was true. With the ship there, nobody could even touch the advancing aliens.
"It's a minefield out there, guys!" Just then a blue-haired boy of 17 dove into the trench beside them. "Yo, Coby, excellent timing. We need to ask you something." the boys asked the blue-haired boy in unison. "What?" he responded back at them. First the purple headed boy spoke. "Can you draw up some cover for us?" Then green boy said, "If you do, we can run over to the launch pad, and take out that blasted thing!" The reply could not have been more forlorn. "Sorry, but I can't even block the shockwaves that thing releases. It's too much." "What's too much?" Suddenly the red-headed girl materialized next to him.

"Those cannons, theyr'e too powerful!"

"Tell me about it. What's worse, it has heat-sekking capabilities."

"You have got to be kidding me!"

"I wish I was."

"Well then, We're screwed. That freakin' thing is starting to piss me off. Damn it, how can it be destroyed!?!!"


Oh sorry. I guess you don't really know what's going on, huh? Well, I'll try my best to sum it up for you. My name is Mike. My friends call me Cobalt, or Coby for short. Who're my friends? Well the red headed girl is Jenny, or as we call her, Ruby. The green haired guy is Emerald. And then there's Satin. Together, we are the Gems.

How did we get like this? Well we all just knew eachother for a few days until the Aphrokes came.What are the Aphrokes? Strange aliens from another dimension.

Well read on and you'll find out how i got my powers, met up with the GEMs, and who I was before this. After all, this is my life. This is my journal.
This is my story.
© Copyright 2009 vanilla bean (kevinmike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548288-GEM-Life-Chap-1