*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548586-GEM-Life-Chapter-2
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1548586
The second exciting chater of the GEM Life Series.
I guess I should start from the beginning, before I met the GEMs, before I got my power, and before my life changed forever.

I was just your everyday normal kid. Some good luck here, somebad luck there. I was captain of the baketball team, but not because of popularity. I kind of got the feeling the coach fixed the elections in my favor because he knew the other candidate(Terry Walker) would practically screw our team.

Not that I wasn't good. Damn it, I was the best guy out there. But even after all that, I was pretty much a loser. I couldn't get a date for any dances either, Terry saw to that.

Terry was basically the class clown. He made fun of everybody, all the time, and he always got away with it.

He was short, fat, and pitiful. Not that stopped him from getting laughs out of people, though.

As for me, well, I was tall, blonde, and skinny as a rail. I had no friends, curtesy of Terry. I just plain didn't fit in.

So it was heaven when the bell rang everyday. I'd walk home everyday, even though it was like, 3 miles. When I'd get home, I'd have to wake my mom up, make dinner, eat it, then complete my usual mountainous pile of homework. After that, I'd drive my mother to work, and then somehow make it to basketball practice before 7:30. And coach would have me demonstrating with him how to do a proper lay up, or something like that.

And if Terry Walker ever came in late, which he did most times, he would have me run practice while he yelled at Terry.

Yeah, a pretty shitty life if you ask me. Sometimes I don't even know how I stay alive.

Right now, it's the start of Easter Break. Two glorious weeks with no school or practice. Well, at least it started out glorious. After half of the first week had gone by, my mom fell ill. I had to take her to get examined, and wouldn't you know it, she had cancer!!!! She had to stay in the hospital for 3 weeks. When I called the bank to see if we had enough money to pay for the operation, I found out that we didn't even have enough to pay half! We were screwed.

I started to take a few interviews for jobs where I could start ight away, and raise money fast. I finally got a job at Mandy's clothes store, something I'm not to proud of. Maybe now you'll understand how desperate I am.

But the worst happened a few days after I got the job. My mother went into Cardiac Arrest.

Upon rushing to the hospital, I had the worst luck in the world. It started raining, and not just a little drizzle, but a whole freakin' Thunderstorm Storm!!!! I had to pull over, because the street started to flood. I must've slipped, or fell down a hole or something, 'cause as soon as I hit ground, the lights went out

*************************************************************************************

When I regained conciousness, I found myself in the strangest hole I have ever seen. There was a soft glow at the far end of the cavern. When I walked toward it, I saw that it wasn't just a glow, it was a huge glowing blue rock.

I stepped foward to place my hand on it. I seemed drawn to it, like some sort of moth to a light. When my hand rested on it, it was cool, even though it was hot as hell down here.

Then, all of a sudden, FLASH!!!!!!
© Copyright 2009 vanilla bean (kevinmike at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548586-GEM-Life-Chapter-2