*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548478-Fifteen-Secret-Tortures-of-Jesus-Christ
by heart
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1548478
Revealed to Franciscan Sister Magdalen of Santa Clara Order, beatified in Rome.
A close friend of mine shared a pamphlet, about the Holy Wounds and 15 Secret Tortures of Jesus Christ, and I in turn would like to share it with all of you, a desire ardently to know something of what He endured the night before His death, to let everyone know of His Passion ...

The Jews considered Him as the most wretched man living here on earth, so that is why:

* They fastened His feet with a rope and dragged Him over the stepping stones of the staircase, down into a filthy
  nauseating cellar.
* They took off His clothing and stung His body with iron joints.
* They attached a rope around His body and pulled Him along the ground, from end to end.
* They hanged Him on a wooden piece with a slipknot until He slipped out and fell down. Overwhelmed by this     
  torture, He wept bloody tears.
* They tied Him to a post and pierced His body with various instruments.
* They struck Him with stones and burnt Him, with blazing embers and torches.
* They pierced Him with awls; sharp spears that tore His skin, flesh, and arteries out of His body.
* They tied Him to a post and made Him stood, barefoot on an incandescent metal sheet.
* They crowned Him with iron crown and wrapped His eyes with the dirtiest possible rags.
* They made Him sit on a chair covered with sharp pointed nails, causing deep wounds in His body.
* They poured on His wounds liquid lead and resin, and after this torture, they pressed Him on the nailed             
  chair, so the nails went deeper into His flesh.
* For shame and affliction, they drove needles into the holes of His uprooted beard. Then they tied His hands
  behind His back, and led Him walking out of prison, with strikes and blows.
* They threw Him upon a cross and attached Him so tightly that He could hardly breathe anymore.
* They beat His head as He lay on the earth, they stepped on Him, hurting His breast.
* They poured into His mouth the most immodest excretions, as they uttered the most infamous expressions
  about Him.

Let us reflect on the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ, so as to heal our souls...

( Source: Monastery of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, 745 St. John's place, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11216 )

© Copyright 2009 heart (pinkym at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1548478-Fifteen-Secret-Tortures-of-Jesus-Christ