*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558915-I-Asked-God
by heart
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1558915
As I passed by a bookstore, this caught my fancy, and I would like to share it.
I Ask God...

I asked God to take away my pride, and God said " No ". He said it was not for him to take away, but for me to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole, and God said " No ". He said her spirit is whole; her body is only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience, and God said " No ". He said patience is a by - product of tribulation, it isn't granted; it's earned.

I asked God to give me happiness, and God said " No ". He said, He gives blessing, happiness is up to us.

I asked God to spare me pain, and God said " No ". He said, sufferings draws you apart from worldly care, and brings you closer to Me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow, and God said " No ". He said I must grow on my own. But He will prune me to make me fruitful.

I asked God if He loves me, and God said " Yes ". I asked God to help me love others, as much as he loves me, and God finally said... " Ah, finally you have the idea.


Source: Living World Ministry

© Copyright 2009 heart (pinkym at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1558915-I-Asked-God