*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549850-Andy--Vulcan-The-Brothers
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1549850
A very small piece based upon my first ever fantasy character. Enjoy & Please rate
Silver and red, glistening in the light, clean, brilliant, unmarked, smooth, almost silky with a metallic finish...
I stared down the barrels of his gun-blades. “Dude!” Andy exclaimed, “The barrels, man! Aren't they, like, mega or what?”
I felt my right eyebrow raise as I looked into his sparkling blue eyes. They had a soft haze over them, he had already drifted off to his own imaginary planet. He did that a lot. Although he had the body of a 26 year old gymnast at his peak, he had the mind of a 16 year old. Occasionally, he was fine but every now and then his childishness shined through and he'd suddenly shout random words or phrases or he'd just make a completely pointless point, defend it to his utmost and then turn it around and make out that you were the one in the wrong.
I looked at the scar on his right cheek, which came from when he'd battled a fire demon and banished it back beyond the ninth realm, or so he said. His brother Vulcan said he'd got it when he'd slipped and cut himself with the knife he was trying to juggle. It sounds extremely likely but Vulcan was known to make up stories about his brother which made him look more stupid than he already did.
I smiled, Vulcan and Andy, the best brothers known to man. They got on so well yet they were so different, for instance; Andy like to flirt with the girls at school, many of them thought that his childishness was the sweetest and most adorable thing ever. However with his mind on the girls, Andy never had time to study so he passed most of his exams by blind luck.
Vulcan, however, had a vast knowledge of almost everything. He followed in his father's footsteps and continued the research that his father had either abandoned or was too busy for. Occasionally, though Vulcan did join his brother on what Andy liked to call “Pussy Races!” but despite this Vulcan still made time for his studies.
They looked nothing alike. Andy had black hair and bright blue eyes. Vulcan had long blond hair and vivid green eyes. Vulcan was tall and slender whereas Andy was shorter but more athletic. Vulcan seemed to keep one step ahead of the modern trend, he'd wear clothes that would be in fashion tomorrow rather than today whereas Andy seemed to wear the same shorts all day, everyday. Of course the truth is he didn't, he changed his shorts every single day, he just had a lot of pairs almost all exactly the same. Andy was adamant at the fact they were all different but if they were, only he could tell. In fact his own brand of shorts and converse was about the only thing Andy ever wore save for his “lucky” bandanna which was actually the cloth used to wrap him when he was a baby, and the occasional own brand vest printed with extreme logos.
As you've probably guessed by now Andy owns his own clothes range, which he sells in Vulcan's shops. The brothers were named an Extreme Sports Phenomenon, and now they both jointly own shops selling everything from extreme sports equipment and clothes to casual ware and the next big trends. This is another point where they differ as well. Vulcan likes to invest his share of the prophets partly into his research and partly into stocks and shares. Andy likes to spend his part of the income on beautiful girls, expensive hotels and lots of alcohol. Occasionally, he'll find something else to buy but it's normally a completely useless gadget that he finds absolutely amazing.
“Hey, yo!” I heard Vulcan shout. I turned, he was running up to us grinning.
“What is it?” I asked.
“This is THE single most best news we've ever had.....EVER!” he replied, still grinning.
I felt my eyebrow raise again, I had to stop doing that. “Well, what is it?” I frowned as I saw Vulcan look confused, what was wrong? I followed his gaze to behind me....oh Andy! He was still standing there, his eyes glazed over and drool dripping from the corner of his mouth, how girls find him attractive, I'll never know. Vulcan waved his hand in front of Andy's face, “Yoohoo!” he crooned sarcastically, “Princess Andy! Anyone home? EVER!?”
Andy didn't move or blink at all, it was almost as if he was brain dead. I laughed and then so did Vulcan, “Must be on one of his wild adventures again,” I giggled.
“Anyway,” Vulcan continued, “what I was about to say before sleeping ugly distracted us was my research has been successful!” He beamed at me as if I was supposed to find this news amazing.
“Well, what in the hell does that mean?” I asked utterly bewildered. Vulcan was always working on so many different projects that it was hard to remember what he was actually doing half of the time.
“I've discovered the caverns! The lost caverns of Saraneth! Think of all the treasure that could be hidden in those tombs! Think of how much praise I'll get for discovering this place!”
Suddenly from behind me, Andy yelled out, “I DON'T LIKE CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!”
I turned to look at him, he smiled at me and said, “I think it's peanut butter jelly time! What about you?”
“I'll pass thanks, Andy,” I replied laughing.
“Suit yourself,” he replied, beaming to himself as he walked off towards the house.
I looked at Vulcan, he just shook his head and we both laughed. “Just make sure we don't bring him to the caverns, yeah? He'll probably end up killing himself accidentally.”
© Copyright 2009 Y2Jamie (y2jamie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1549850-Andy--Vulcan-The-Brothers