*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552063-Dumb
Rated: ASR · Poetry · Personal · #1552063
A short poem about life that raises a question, will we always be so dumb?
I know that I've been here before because I've done it all but I'm no whore.
And if you brush off the dust I'm sure you'll find a sacred place in my eyes.
Well she's been here before and we're losing our will to have faith in you.
I've been betrayed, she's been killed and we're still fighting! We're winning!
We're setting our scars to explode and our hearts to shed tears.
Tears we'll never cry again.
Like a montage, we're switching our ride, and I'm no longer running,
melting this snow-capped romance for us to swim.
Sacred these words aren't for I know you don't care so just bow down to the King.
Bow down to the Queen...so just bow down to ME!
I'll deal bullets, whatever it takes to keep this.
I'm fighting for what's mine.
I'm picking up the knife, today I am God, I am the Devil and it's my time to decide.
This shit has been a long time coming, we're all reaching for the moon.
But I'll reach it first because I'm God.
And you can say I sold my soul, I'll just leave you all behind.
I've got to throw this life away.
We've all got our problems so get lost and leave it here.
Nothing leaves these four walls but who's to say we're stood in a room?
Reminisce, make it bliss before it destroys you.
Words of power, of glory, for Britain, for history.
Will we always be so dumb?
© Copyright 2009 Y2Jamie (y2jamie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1552063-Dumb