*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550604-Forgotten-memories
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1550604
this is incomplete but if people like the opening ill get to work and finish it....
Forgotten memories



I set foot into the ruins of our once magnificent city, the cool summer breeze caressed my cheek as I made my way through the rubble, “Its been tree years since I’ve seen this place” I whispered to my self, gazing at what used to be the city centre, it was once a beautiful open area with an enormous monument to one of our ancestors  Naoko Michida, she was the first of our kind a sort of mage would be the best way to describe her that’s were my people descended from, the monument lay in ruin and mother nature seemed to be reclaiming her rightful place, vines entangled the remains of  the monument and sat on top of was the most beautiful flower it was like nothing I’ve seen before with a crimson glow the flower itself was a deep blue, the surrounding buildings even though the still stood you could clearly see something terrible happened here. It was tree years ago to this very day a rebellion took place in our quiet town you see our people are almost mage’s but we have a very different approach our bodies negate the effect of magic use on us and we can store that energy and use it as our own magic but we can not use magic with out it being used on us, so our neighbouring city and its people were jealous of our unique ability there magic had no effect on us because of our “gift” .You see there army was powerful the struck fear into everyone who apposed them, everyone except us so that is why they set up a so called alliance with me and my friends and our people.

              I remember the day like it was yesterday, me Ichiko, Nana and Bukon we sat at school on a surprisingly boring day. We were learning about our ancestors were we had come from and how our people strived to achieve greatness not by war but through conversation and understanding . As our teacher rambled on Nana handed me a note under the table I quietly read it to my self “Hiro we’re all going to meet at the courtyard after school P.S. BRING FOOD!!!!”, Nana was a quiet girl but she was very close to me, Ichiko and Bukon we’ve grown up together, I always used to cook us a lunch and we’d meet in the court yard, well it wasn’t really a court yard it was sort of like a marching ground a military squad used to use or that’s what I’ve been told, we were inseparable Ichiko was a quiet guy and has always been since a very young age, Nana quiet but crazy once you get to know her but in a good way and then there was Bukon loud loud and louder is all ill say about him.

              I finished making a nice lunch for the four of us I made my way down to the courtyard, I got there and with out warning Nana pounced on me to get the food she was always the first person to eat and the last to finish, quietly munching away we talk and joked and enjoyed our selves, Nana always had a way with words ill never forget what she said to us all that night “NUmnunUNUNmisandunnm……….”GULP” yah know guy’s I’ll never forget this, ill never forget this happiness I hope when we get old we can still find comfort in each other”, we sat there until the sun began to set just happy to be alive and with each other but that wasn’t going to last much longer you see that was the last night I seen them. I made my way home talking the route that lead by the sea, the setting sun made the open sea glitter in the light the waves churned and the cool air filled my lungs
© Copyright 2009 leviarcanine (leviarcanine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1550604-Forgotten-memories