*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551032-Living-Vancouver---Style-Part-Two
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Young Adult · #1551032
A young girl falls in love with a great guy
We pull into the bowling alley’s parking lot. There are only three cars in the parking lot, including ours. A silver Jeep Grand Charokee was parked next to ours. The other vehicle was a red Ford Challenger, that I recognized as the owner’s car. Who drives a Jeep?, I thought to myself. “Van. Earth to Vancouver.,” Zachary laughed. “Huh?! What did you say, babe?,” I came back to reality. “We have a lane already reserved.,” Zachary said unbuckling his seatbelt. I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened my door.
Inside, a tall, skinny man and a short, blond girl were putting on bowling shoes. “Seven and a half for her. Ten for me.,” Zachary said to the owner, Mr. Steria. Mr. Steria handed Zachary the shoes. Zachary and I put the shoes on. Then, he took my hand and pulled me over to lane four, where the tall guy and the blond girl were standing. “Dude. What’s up?,” Zachary said, slapping the tall guy on the back. When the tall guy turned around, I realized it was Jeremy from the coffee shop. “Jeremy?!,” I said, obviously confused. “Medium white chocolate mocha?!,” Jeremy said, equally confused. “Was I your only customer today or something?,” I laughed. “Sadly, yes.” “Oh. That sucks.” Jeremy’s girlfriend turned around. “Hey, Nelleigh.,” I said, shocked. “Hey, Van.,” Nelleigh said. “You two know each other?,” Jeremy and Zachary said surprised. “Yeah. We met in the store today.,” I said. Wow. How unusual. I don’t normally get jealous, but god damn. Nelleigh is beautiful. I wonder if Jeremy knows how lucky he is. Oh, no. My bisexual side is coming out again. I thought to myself, as I stared at Nelleigh. “Van, baby, what’s wrong?,” Zachary asked, putting a hand on the small of my back. “I’m fine.,” I force a smile. “Let’s bowl!,” Jeremy said, in an unexpected, deep voice.
After the bowling was done, Zachary said, “Van, it’s still early. Are you sure you want to go home?” “We can go home. We can watch a movie or something.,” I said. Zachary smiled as he turned the corner onto my street. We pulled into my driveway. All the lights were off. “Van. Are you sure your parents are home?” “They’re supposed to be.” I called my mom’s cell. “Oh, Van. I’m glad you called. Your dad and I decided to go see your Aunt Leslie. We won’t be back until tomorrow.” “Mom. Can Zachary stay over tonight?” “Yes. Even though I don’t fully trust the two of you alone, I would rather have him be there with you.” “Thanks, Mom. See you tomorrow.”
Zachary and I went inside my house. Zachary threw his keys on the new coffee table, that Mom paid way too much for, and kissed me softly on the lips. “I love you, Vancouver.” “I love you too, Zachary.”
© Copyright 2009 Taylor Ashely (taylorashely94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1551032-Living-Vancouver---Style-Part-Two