*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555419-Expository-Essay
by Lady
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1555419
Medical Assistants Today
                                                                                        
                                                                           Lisa Baker-Sampson
                                                                                                                ENG111
                                                                                                   4/25/09

                                      “Medical Assistants Today”

    Due to the high and constant demand for medical attention these days, Medical Assisting is the best career in this economic state. Medical Assistants are not licensed professionals. They are required by law to work under direct supervision of a licensed physician, registered nurse, or other certified professionals in that field whenever they provide hands-on patient care procedures.

    Becoming a certified Medical Assistant making a great income and having a great job career outlook makes the world a better place. The assets and benefits of being in the medical field are endless. I can see myself sitting in an office and the phone rings.  I professionally answer it saying, “Good morning, Dr. ----‘s office. How may I assist you today?” as I grab a pencil and pad of paper off to my left and start taking information.

    To achieve a certification in the medical field you must take the test issued by the National Board of Medical Examiners which is offered three times a year in January, June, and October. When and if you complete the test successfully, you gain the proper credentials to become a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)

    Medical Assistants perform many administrative duties such as answering telephones, greeting patients, filing medical records, appointments, bookkeeping, laboratory services and much, much more. They instruct patients about medications and special diet , prepare and administer meds as well as authorize drug refills, as directed of course.

    The Medical field is a promising career. Medical Assistants alone held just over 415,000 jobs in 2006. Most other medical field employees worked in other health care industries such as outpatient care centers and nursing and residential care facilities.
 
    Employment is growing much faster than average, ranking Medical Assistants among the fastest growing occupations over the 2006-16 decade. Job opportunities should be excellent, particularly for those with formal training or experience, and certification. As the health care industry expands because of technological advances in medicine and the growth and aging of the population, there will be an increased need for all health care workers.

    Choosing a career in the medical field is a promising choice due to the economic status of the world today. It’s beneficial as well as a great asset to not only your life, but  the other patients you care for also. Try the medical field today. Enroll at Beckfield College today. Why wait to make a great choice . 
© Copyright 2009 Lady (lisa_baker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1555419-Expository-Essay