*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556050-Good-and-Evil
Rated: 13+ · Article · Cultural · #1556050
This has been on my mind for a while and has taken me two months to finally put to words.
Where do these concepts come from? Are they molded into society by a higher power, is it just in human nature to have these qualities, or is it something else entirely? Whether it be gods will or a genetic code, one thing is for certain. Good or evil is in all people’s hearts and it will continue to be for all eternity. However, what does this say about our species in general? Are we such an indecisive culture that we must always decide between the two? Maybe, but I like to believe something else.

Human beings are such an extraordinary race. We are capable of so much destruction. Killing one another for petty reasons such as religion, money, and pride and yet, so much compassion, able to care for one another to such an extent as to sacrifice their own life for another. Giving a complete stranger help in a time of need. In a strange sense, this is Karma at its most powerful. Balance. With so much evil, there must come forth an extreme form of good.

It may be difficult to see the good in life, but it is always there. The evils in life may cloud the area in darkness, but somewhere there will always be a light shining despite the odds. Even small moments, holding the door for a stranger, returning dropped money to the man walking out of the store, the occasional smile to the random passerby. These can brighten the darkest moments in people, if only for a split second. This light keeps our race from destruction.

My final words to you will be brief. You may read this and take it all to heart. You may just pass it by without a second thought and go about your daily lives as normal. You may even send me harsh reviews disclaiming all of my own views. I only hope that everyone who reads this leaves with one thought on his or her minds. That good is always out there in some form or another. Just trying to shine its way through the darkness and be noticed.
© Copyright 2009 Trever Kelley (tdkey777 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556050-Good-and-Evil