*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556436-Oops
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1556436
Hell hath no fury...
"Oh my gosh!"  Heather exclaimed, tugging on Bethany's t-shirt.  "He's here, he actually came!"

"Calm down, Heather."  Bethany instructed, sounding rather nonplussed compared to her friend's excitement.  "Of course he came.  I did invite him, after all."

"Are you going over to say hi?"  Heather could not contain her excitement.

"Nope!"  She answered, taking off her t-shirt to reveal a skimpy yellow polka dot bikini.  "Let him see me first," she challenged and sauntered over to the pool.

Tom was the new guy at school.  Every girl in his class wanted to date him, especially Bethany.  She went as far as organizing a pool party to lure him into asking her out.

Bethany strutted onto the diving board as though it were a catwalk and dove into the water.  Once she got back up to the surface, she noticed strange looks coming from the kids around her, Tom included.                         

What's their problem?  She wondered. 

"Be-tha-ny!"  Heather mouthed, pointing to her own bikini top.

Bethany looked down, horrified by what she saw. 

Some had the good sense to look away, while others openly snickered at the sight of Bethany's bikini top loosened from around her neck and now hanging from her waist.

Bethany shot out of the pool, scurrying to her room.

Amidst tears and obscenities, Bethany did not hear Heather come into her room.

"Everyone's gone, Beth."  She whispered, sitting next to her on the bed.

"How could this happen to me?"  She sobbed.  "My reputation is ruined!"

Bethany continued her tirade.  "This should have happened to you!  No one would've noticed or cared!"

"Well,"  Heather comforted her dear friend, "at least Tom got to really see you." 

Heather walked out of the room smirking.


Word count: 294
© Copyright 2009 anastasia beyverhausen (moisie75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556436-Oops