*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559449-The-Blue-Mustang
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest Entry · #1559449
Mistaken identity.
"Are you sure you want to do this?"  Ingrid asked, not sure her sister had the stomach for what they were about to do.

"Yes!"  Michelle insisted.

Although her doubts persisted, Ingrid started the car and reversed out of the driveway. 

They drove in silence, each one consumed with their own thoughts of what was ahead. 

Ingrid spoke first.  "Okay, just keep an eye out for his car."

Michelle was nervous, but scanned the street for the blue Mustang.

"There it is," she pointed.  "That's his car." 

Ingrid stopped the car.  "Are you ready?" 

Although identical twin sisters, Ingrid was the tough one while Michelle was the shy and quiet type.  Michelle had been stood up by Josh Baine and Ingrid hated seeing her sister hurt.  After hearing that Josh had taken another girl to the party, she knew something needed to be done.  She was surprised to find out that Michelle felt the same way.

Michelle got out and ran over to the blue Mustang.

What a nice car, she sighed, then quickly got to work.  After she was through, she returned to Ingrid's car.

"Wheewww!  That sure felt good."

"As I always say sis...revenge is a dish best served piping hot!"       

The two sped away.

The following Monday as Ingrid and Michelle were walking to class their friend Jill stopped to say hello.

"Did you guys hear what happened Friday night at the party?"  Jill asked.                 

Michelle and Ingrid shared quick glances, bracing themselves for what they were about to hear.

"Someone keyed Samuel Johnson's brand new Mustang and slashed his tires.  He's such a sweet guy.  Why would anyone do that to him?" 

After Jill walked off, Michelle turned to Ingrid.

"Maybe revenge is a dish best served cold.  At least then you know whose car you're wrecking."








© Copyright 2009 anastasia beyverhausen (moisie75 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1559449-The-Blue-Mustang