*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556675-Metal-monsters
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1556675
Man defending the body of his bride to be
I looked into her eyes, dark and empty. A tear rolled down my cheek I watched as it patted against her face. What was once a set of rosy cheeks was now pale and gaunt; her hair was still a dark red, it contrasts with all of what was left. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing the ripped gown the limp body that I once enjoyed stroking, toying with. The metal monsters that did this, cold horrible beings. No soul. They live for war; they enjoy the sound of the victims as the cool metal of there axes and swords carve sculptures.

I wiped the tears from my cheeks and stood upright, I turned to face my enemy. A hundred men at least, stood laughing at me through their helmets and armour. The heat from a burning building next to me singed the hairs on the back of my neck. I looked behind me at the dead bride, the wedding gown was half burned but she was still beautiful. I could feel the insane rage building heavy in my chest. I gritted my teeth and glared at the crowd of men in front of me, I pulled a stance pulling myself strait and upright.

A tall warrior stopped the laughing with a wave of his hand he picked up a spear and ran at me, his armour clinked loudly as he run. I smiled it was an act to throw them off how I was really feeling but at the same time, the heavy panting I could hear from under his helm told me he was tired. He jumped and thrust the spear in my general direction the movement was sluggish. I jumped onto the spearhead with one foot, the helmet looked up towards my face with a click of my foot I booted him in the face it hurt but I didn’t show it, he flew backwards. I lifted my foot off the end of the spear and then stomped on it hard. It flew up into my hand; I dived forward clutching the spear in both my hands skewering the beast, man through the stomach. I twisted then pulled on the end if the spear I heard a cough but He did not cry out, he just grunted. I thrust the spear in front of me it still dripped thick blood it splattered onto the creature’s metal armour. Sword, spear and axe alike rose up from there sheaths they wished to meet my flesh, they wished to entangle themselves in my organs and stain my clothes crimson they wanted to shatter my bones and sever arteries. But the real question is… Can they?
© Copyright 2009 Peter L (peterjl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556675-Metal-monsters