*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561628-Galaxy-Crystal-A-Forgotten-Life-Chpt-34
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Cathy
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1561628
3 Saroo is taken hostage by the enemy 4 Panoka talks to her young maid Jasolin
Galaxy Crystal: A Forgotten Life

Chapter 3

Saroo-Kinay laughed as her little girl galloped ahead of her to reach the sandy beach. She watched as her daughter’s curly blonde locks danced in the wind and her dress floated around her horse. Saroo-Kinay saw her daughter reach the sand and it rose up around her as she turned and waited for her mother. There was a since of magic and love that surrounded her as she watched her daughter.

The river was the most beautiful place left on Sar now that it had turned into a huge city. Saroo-Kinay remembered it before everything happened. It is hard to believe all that has happened to her over the last fifty years. Her daughter Anay will never see how beautiful the forest and animals there were when Saroo-Kinay was a child. Anay will never understand how long it took so that nothing will happen to her; all the people who died by the dark army that was just right across from this very river.

Anay jumped down off her horse and tied the range to a piece of driftwood. Saroo-Kinay took her daughter to this spot everyday so she could see the wonders of the world. After all, the planet gives their family the power. Power that needs to be respected and feared or it will use them. That is what Saroo-Kinay believed happened to Violette. She abused the power that the Galaxy had given her and now her daughter is gone.

Saraquine was her cousin, and they were not that close of friends. Saraquine hated being the next High Protector all she ever did was complain how hard it was. Saroo-Kinay thought she was lucky, nobody ever threw her a birthday party or even makes her pose for hundreds of pictures. The only thing she had to do was go to school, tutor, and take lessons with her mom. Saraquine was aloud to stay in her room and do absolutely nothing. Saroo-Kinay on the other hand had to meet the council and make a good impression. Meet suitor after suitor until she got married and stand in the public’s eye everyday of her life. She was not aloud to do anything.

When she visited Saraquine, she always left. One minute they would be drinking tea or talking about the council and then the next, she would be gone. Saraquine never told her good-bye or explain where she went. The only thing she ever asked for was that she lie for her. Saroo-Kinay did hoping for an explanation. Then the last time she did it, Saroo-Kinay told her Aunt Violette and no one saw them alive again. When her mother found out that Violette was dead, she locked Saroo-Kinay into her cousin’s room and did not let her out until they evacuated.

Since that day, she has known that something more then an attack happened. The Galaxy Crystal has been useless, and the hope for the Galaxy Kingdom’s safety went with it. The people are afraid that three Crystals will not be enough to protect the Galaxy from Vacunay, even though new protectors are taking their place, now that all the old ones are dead. The only problem was the three of them had no idea how they were going to stop the whole Dark Army. Even if one of them is, a male and that could be a sign. Maybe that means they will succeed, but there was no guarantee in any of it.
High Protector Sinara, her mother, died a week ago! Her mother’s last request was that Saroo-Kinay would not take her place until Drake talked to her. Drake was Saraquine’s personal bodyguard. When Saroo-Kinay would have to visit Saraquine, he would sit outside the door and Saraquine would go out the window. It was disgraceful that the next High Protector of the Galaxy would climb off her balcony on a poorly made ladder for no reason. What did Drake know that Saroo-Kinay did not? She is supposed to be protecting the Galaxy, but she cannot take full charge until Drake gets back.

Saroo-Kinay sat down on the sand and watched her daughter play in the water in her pink dress. She was told her mother sent Drake somewhere too do something important and could not tell Saroo-Kinay before she died. Saraquine disappeared fifty years ago and she is the only other person who can take being the High Protector away from her. Without Saraquine, nothing is worth fighting for, even if Saroo-Kinay wants to be the High Protector. It is not her destiny to protect the Galaxy; she will hold it together until the real High Protector gets there. That is if Saraquine is still alive, no one really knows what happened to her in the first place, the only one that is still alive that was there that day is Drake.

“Anay time for your lesson!” She yelled, and Anay smiled and ran toward Saroo-Kinay. Saroo-Kinay stopped her before she got the blanket wet from her dress. “Anay dry off!”
“Yes mom!” Anay walked off a little. Saroo-Kinay had taught her how to use her power for practical uses. She could not use her power unless she absolutely had to. Anay has been using it in her daily life so she will not have to do it the hard way. Saroo-Kinay listened as her daughter hummed and brought wind around her until she was dry and then skipped back and sat down. “What area are we studying today?”

“Well,” Saroo-Kinay said as she pulled out a candle, “I want you to light this candle, like I taught you yesterday. “ Anay closed her eyes and took deep breaths. Saroo-Kinay has learned that it takes those that are learning longer then those that know it already. She knows that Anay will become an expert someday, when it is her time! Anay lifted her hand and snapped her fingers, but nothing happened. “You didn’t practice last night did you?”

“I tried, but I couldn’t remember if I was supposed to concentrate on the candle or the fire. I was frustrated and gave up.” Anay kicked the candle over and got mad. Saroo-Kinay just gently put the candle back up and sat straight up.

“Daughter it doesn’t matter what you concentrate on, only that you concentrate. Give me your hands.” Anay gently put her hands in her mothers. “I want you to just feel, don’t think about what you need to do, just feel.”

Saroo-Kinay closed her eyes and felt the wind in her hair, the hardness of the ground. Then listened to the waters coming ashore and back again, the leaves blowing gently in the trees, the birds chirping, the fish jumping, and squirrels digging. Everything in nature, existed as one, and when people tapped into it, they can do amazing things. Soon she could even feel the animal’s underground digging and trees growing taller as the day goes on.

Slowly she felt every presence within a hundred yards from them. When she tried to expand the power stopped and she was back to normal. It was one of the drawbacks of being at war, magical barriers. Vacunay had purposely put it up so that they could not spy on her. Even though everyone knew, she had a spy in the castle. After letting Anay’s hands go and taking a big breath she felt relaxed.

“Now, Anay snap your finger.” The little girl did it and the candle lit up. Anay started bouncing up and down yelling she did it. Saroo-Kinay was very proud of her daughter and felt happier that she was excited. Finally, she calmed down and sat quietly once more. “Okay extinguish it.”

Anay lifted her other hand and went to snap it when a bunch of arrows started flying at them from across the river. One knocked over the candle and another hit Anay’s horse in the head. “Water’s below rise!” Saroo-Kinay yelled lifting her right hand toward the river making a water barrier ten inches thick. “Anay run, get on my horse.” This was not supposed to happen. Saroo-Kinay had to protect her daughter or they would kill her.
“Momma your horse won’t let anybody ride it but you!” Saroo-Kinay felt the arrows hit the water and her strength grew weaker. She grabbed her daughter and helped Anay on her horse. At first, the horse started whining but Saroo-Kinay patted its head.

“Take my daughter home as fast as fast can be, protect her with your life.” Saroo-Kinay said softly to the horse. A few arrows past through her failing wall and one hit her in the leg. “Anay get help quickly. Go!” She yelled as her power failed and the barrier crashed down in front of her. The horse galloped as fast as it could through the woods and her daughter holding on to its neck with all her strength and power. The arrows kept coming and Saroo-Kinay could not move from her spot. Another arrow hit her arm and she collapsed on the log next to her, where her horse was and the baby dead next to it.

After a few minutes of sitting there, she looked across the river, the water was still moving violent after she manipulated it for her own purposes. She understood then that they had been waiting for her and her daughter to come out for her lesson for a while. Saroo-Kinay was stupid enough to think it was safe and almost got her daughter killed. She could feel the blood, her blood, running down her arm and leg. There was so much pain she could barely move, but knew that she had too. Her eyes were getting heavy but fought to stay awake.

Just then, she saw her arrive at the edge of the lake with a dozen of her guards. Vacunay, the evil witch, floated across the river with her men right beside her. Her old wrinkled face had a grim smile that wanted her to puke. Her black silk cloak covered her body and her white hair fell down her face. Saroo-Kinay never wanted to believe that Vacunay was a witch, but here was the proof coming to kill her as she had done to Violette fifty years ago. Vacunay reached the edge of the river and walked alone toward Saroo-Kinay still smiling; as Saroo-Kinay tried to stand up Vacunay pushed her down.

“Hello, Saroo-Kinay! It is about time we met.” Vacunay sat down on the log and Saroo-Kinay sat neither looking nor crying, just calmly sitting waiting to die. “Don’t worry I’m not going to kill you, just the opposite I’m using you to lure someone else.” Saroo-Kinay turned and looked up at Vacunay as she tried to get up once more but a rush of pain kept her down.

“They won’t fall for your tricks Vacunay; everybody knows what you’re capable of and won’t risk it, even for a Protector.” She spat at her as she looked at the old woman evilly. She hoped beyond hope that nobody came for her and are killed. Vacunay was tricky and knew more about people’s minds, as if she could read them.

“See that’s where you’re wrong. See you are not the only factor in my plot. She will come because I killed her mom, kidnapped her cousin and the only friends that she has ever had in her entire life. Saraquine Marianne Parkern will come to save those that she loves, and I will have my revenge.” Saroo-Kinay started to laugh, but stopped because of the arrows still in her arm and leg.

She could not believe Vacunay actually thought Saraquine was alive. She has been dead for almost fifty years everyone who knew about her knows that. Nevertheless, if Vacunay thinks she is alive though maybe there is some hope that she is. Maybe that is why Drake left, and she must wait for his return. He is bringing the High Protector back

“Saraquine Marianne Parkern is dead, she has been for over fifty years and you can’t change that. You might as well just kill me. Nobody is coming for me, nobody!” Saroo-Kinay fell back down as Vacunay started laughing at her.

“Don’t believe every rumor you hear Duchess.” She said as she got up and walked back to her soldiers. Saroo-Kinay watched as one-man walk over to her and the others did not move.

Saroo-Kinay sat there as the man that came over pulled out the arrows and wrapped up her wounds. She winced in pain with every touch. Saraquine was alive! There were always rumors about Violette having a daughter and that she will be back, but there are so many rumors that Saroo-Kinay could not believe them all. Sure Saroo-Kinay knew about Saraquine, but just put it off that she was dead and gone like everyone else. Vacunay, on the other hand, knew she was alive, but as far as she knew not that, she existed. How many others know that she is alive? How did Vacunay know that Saraquine was alive when no one else did?

Suddenly as she sat there with her bandages on and still no one to save her, they brought a horse and some guards tied her hands and sat her on the horse. Saroo-Kinay looked down the path hoping that a group of soldiers would come out and save her from being a member of her evil plot. She only wished she could find some way to warn them or someone was going to die; even worse Saraquine would die.

She felt her eyes water at the idea of Saraquine dieing just like her mother, only fifty years after she had left them in the first place. Saroo-Kinay pushed off her tears and sat up straighter to get a better look as they started crossing the river as they took her away from the home she loved and the life that she has lived for sixty-four years.

Saroo-Kinay gave up looking behind her and continued to hope beyond hope nobody would come for her. This was her first time in fifty years she has been on that side of the river and surprisingly it was the same. Her side it was a strange way to put it, her ancestor founded this planet and her family kept everything going. There are no sides on the planet. She tried to concentrate and find out what Vacunay was hiding but the pain in her arm and leg were stopping her from being able to focus on anything else.

Before she knew it, her whole body went numb. With the only strength that she had, she turned to her left and saw Vacunay touching her hand. Almost immediately from when she touched her hand Saroo-Kinay began to fade and fall forward on the horse. A small smile crept on Vacunay’s face as she lent forward. Saroo-Kinay never stopped looking at her as she whispered in her ear, “They will come; don’t worry about that.” Without an ounce of energy left Saroo-Kinay collapsed.

A light! A bright light hurt her eyes, but she could not squint it or move. It was just this really bright light, it could be the sun she realized. Shrugging her shoulders in an effort to move, and nothing but sharp pain made her limp once again. Everything felt heavy and useless. With all the energy she had, Saroo-Kinay opened her eyes completely. There it was a bright light; it was bouncing off some soldier’s knife on his belt. The soldier was wearing some kind of blue uniform under his hazel cloak. Her eyes fell closed once again.

Her eyes opened suddenly hoping that everything was back to normal but the bouncing of the horse told her differently. If she moved to fast, she would fall asleep again. Saroo-Kinay had to find some way to get a message to her family that no one can follow her. Then again, she had no idea how long she has been out and it might be too late. This time she had no problem opening her eyes, but the soldier that was standing by her was gone. There was not anything there now. She saw passing bushes and hear the horse footsteps underneath her.

Saroo-Kinay began to sit up, but pain washed over her whole body instantly. All thought process was gone and she began to slip off the horse. A soldier near by caught her in time and placed her back on the horse. She turned and glared at Vacunay as her laugh hit Saroo-Kinay’s ears.

That was more and likely Vacunay’s plan when they hit her in these places. Hit her nerves so that no matter how hard Saroo-Kinay tried she could not use her gifts to find out Vacunay’s secrets. Instead, she decided to use her eyes and remember every little detail around her. As she looked where they were going, all she could see was forest over the giant horse’s head, the man that pulled her horse along and the evil witch close by him, making sure Saroo-Kinay did not go anywhere.

She stared at the old witch for a minute as she contemplated how she knew about Saraquine. There was only a hand full of people that knew that Saraquine was Violette’s daughter, and she knew them all. Then there was that day when Queen Violette died and how she attacked the castle with only a few guards. What could have happened to make her come? There was the fact that Saraquine use to run off on her own a lot, could that be a factor? Was she sneaking to the other side of the border? Someone must have caught her. She could try to get the information out of Vacunay, but that was before she looked up.

There it was a torn battered town where children were sitting on the streets starving. There were Men and women begging for food as they passed them. Then suddenly everyone around her stopped and people wearing rags came out of their shacks and holes. The evil witch pulled out a bag and threw crumbs of bread out to the people they started reaching out and grabbing them, then fighting over the pieces of bread. Saroo-Kinay started crying as Vacunay turned and smiled at her. These people were starving so badly that they would fight over crumbs.

Suddenly Saroo-Kinay felt a rush of power run through her and the Planet crystal light up in a bright red as if a star exploded and she felt power run up her leg healing it as it moved. Everyone stopped what they were doing at looked at her in amazement. Her body felt over whelmed with the situation as she stared at the people looking up at her. It was almost like they knew who she was and she was their only hope.

“People don’t grovel and give pleasure to this fake Queen that would give you crumbs when you need soup and bread. I promise you with everything I am that you will be free and will not suffer this fate. Right now I seem to have been captured, I will be freed and then so will you! I would give my life for you and I promise once again that you would never be hurt again. Protector Saraquine Marianne Parkern will take her mother High Protector Viollette’s place and Vacunay will die.” Vacunay turned to the people and back at Saroo-Kinay but the people started yelling and chanting. The guards were holding the people off as best they could, considering they were angry. Saroo-Kinay felt her shoulder heal and the power reach her head.

“I can’t stop you but we can!” She said as she collapsed on the horse. Surprisingly she could still feel the horse moving underneath her but she only saw blackness around her. Feeling every inch of her body and becoming very aware that she is thinking about where she was and what has happened to her. Slowly she felt as if she was sad and happy all at once, feeling power run through her entire body.

She heard someone screaming for help. Saroo-Kinay yelled back trying to help them but then she heard another voice yell hello as well. Then a female’s voice gasped for some unknown reason. Saroo-Kinay looked down, the crystal was glowing even brighter, and the crystal was pulling her into the darkness. Slowly two bodies with different colored necklace started coming into view.

The first was a male, dark hair and a fiery yellow crystal. She felt as if she was supposed to know who he was but she looked harder and harder, but she could not see them. The other was wearing a brilliant white dress with a dark blue light, but she could not see whom it was.

Slowly she notices that the long black hair, but she still did not know them. Slowly moved toward them and she knew that the guy was Koona, a distant cousin and was suppose to marry Saraquine. She yelled his name and suddenly saw the woman’s face and felt a bomb go off in her head. It was she!

Chapter 4

The sun was setting beneath the great ocean that castle Rock over looked on planet Kaylin. It was only two planets from Sar, but even here, there was a great depression from the war. At one time, the people would dance in celebration of a new year and a new life. That had not happened in a long time though. This year Panoka had decided to plan the festival, instead of having the people perform it. Considering the festival celebrated birth and soon she will be giving birth again. Not that she has told Koona yet, but with his mother dieing she thought it would be best not for him to worry. Considering that was all he ever did these days. With little Violette, their daughter, growing up in a war, it would be hard on a father.

Panoka can still remember the day they met; it was as if magic had its hand in it. It was her sixteenth Birthday ball; her mom loved throwing balls so she invited everyone, except for Saraquine. She wore a blue sleeveless dress that was bell shaped. For the party her brown hair was curly and fell passed her butt. After dancing with almost a half a dozen men, she had snuck out to the gardens to get away from all the people. She had just picked a rose to smell it, when he came walking down the path, lost. Their eyes met and some how she dropped the rose, but she remembered him picking it up. At that moment, she knew he was the only person for her.

That was the reason this festival meant so much to her. It is a time of giving blessing on family and she had a growing family and could not be happier. It will be exactly like when she was a kid. All day long woman and children would pick flowers to make garlands, necklaces, and bracelets for the offering. Then have a great feast, with everything they hoped to grow this season.

Then at night a giant fire where each family will throw their offering in blessing to the New Year. Of course, they have booths to sell their crafts, linens, food, and many other things that people use to believe in. Panoka could not wait to relive a childhood memory with her growing family. After all that has happened this year, it will be good to have a little joy in her life once more.

Suddenly a knock came at the door, and Panoka came back from her thoughts of having joy and happiness throughout the land. “Come in,” She yelled from her window. Her young housekeeper walked in. She was in her twenties but looked no older then sixteen, Jasolin from the planet Sar. Jasolin was a sweet girl and Panoka loved her company, so does little Violette matter of fact. “Yes Jasolin how may I help you!”

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to disturb you, Lady Kovin!” Panoka smiled and walked toward the two chairs in front of the fire. Someone lit it every night right before the sun was set. She gestured for Jasolin to sit down with her at the fire. Jasolin obediently walked over and sat next to Panoka.

“Now child what has upset you so much that you are hesitant to tell me?” Jasolin looked into Panoka’s eyes and for the first time ever Panoka saw something in her eyes she has never seen, fear.

“Lady Kovin it happened again, I had another dream!” Panoka’s throat closed up and she could barely breathe. The first time Jasolin had a dream it was almost a year ago. She had come to her one morning and told her of a horrible dream about Panoka’s parents. In her dream she was in their carriage and Panoka’s parents were heading to visit their daughter when a freak accident happened and in her dream where a wild horse went crazy and attacked theirs.

There was nobody there to help them and somehow a lamp fell and the carriage caught on fire. No one survived but Jasolin walked over to the carriage where a light gleamed from under the burnt remains. When she bent down to pick it up there was the Universe Crystal lying on the ground. When Jasolin looked up there was a man standing next to a tree in the dark and then he just disappeared. Two days later, they died the exact way she had predicted.

“Please tell me about this dream!” Though Panoka was terrified to hear what the dream was, it was still very important to her. She needed to know what Jasolin saw this time so she can prevent it all from happening, unlike when her mother and father died a year ago.

“Like last time I could only observe what was going on around me. There was a dark castle made by the hands that were starving to death, there was also children half dead sitting on the steps. Then suddenly a horse came by with a young girl lying face down on it, I did not recognize her, but guards and an old woman were pulling her. Then suddenly I jumped to the future a few days maybe a week I do not know, but that girl was in a cell. Cement walls, no windows, one door, there was a smell of mold everywhere, and a bench to sit on, I felt claustrophobic.

“The girl was sitting in a corner scared that someone was going to die, but it wasn’t her it was someone else that was going to die. A girl dropped to floor by one of the guards. She looked younger around my age matter of fact. I remember her the most as if the entire dream was just about her and not about the first girl. The second girl stood up and turned to the door and I saw her face as clear as if the sun was right behind me in that dark cell. She had pitch-black hair and hazel eyes that seemed to glow. Something about her demanded respect and authority but she seemed sweet. As she stood up, I realized she was not wearing a dress like most girls around these parts, but a pair of strange pants and a shirt with no sleeves and clung to her. There was a necklace with a blue crystal on it dangling off her neck. I believe it was the necklace I was suppose to notice.

“The fist girl seemed to be scared and very surprised to see her and was about to get up and run toward her but there was something that seemed to stop her. As if she recognized her but the other girl did not know a thing about the first. If any of that makes since to you.

“Then again it jumped to the future; this time there was a man holding on to the one wearing the strange clothes. They were crying and then the girl turned to me and her eyes were green instead of hazel. The two of them looked so happy being in each other’s arms, but there was so much sadness. I had strange feeling that something was going to happen to him that this would be the last time they would ever hold each other.

“The man turned and was pulling away from her when he saw me. Lady Kovin he looked directly at me as if he saw me. Then he said, ‘This will be the beginning of the rest of their lives.’ It was only then that I noticed that he was the same guy I saw in my first dream!”

Panoka realized she was shaking and at that moment, she understood it all. The pieces of Jasolin’s dream were making more since to her then anything else that she had ever heard in her life. The claustrophobia gave the impression that it was Saroo-Kinay the description alone told her that much. She knew from the beginning of the dream that something had happened to her; someone captured her or will capture her, but the question was who?

That was not the point in all of it though, there was more, there was something about her that made no since at all; a piece of the puzzle that she would probably never understand. Jasolin had mentioned that when she was in the cell she felt that she was afraid that someone was going to die but not Saroo-Kinay but someone else. Saroo-Kinay was one of those people that thinks about herself more then anyone else. She is and always has been a very selfish person, and never has cared for anyone that was not her daughter and husband.

Then there was the other girl that she could only guess whom it was. One person, Saraquine Parkern, could only use the crystal that Jasolin had mentioned. That didn’t make since to her because High Protector Sinara told her personally that the Saraquine had died so many years ago, but the way Jasolin described her it even sounded like Saraquine. The dark black hair and green eyes made it sound just like Saraquine and High Protector Violette, the spitting image.

Then at the end when she said that she saw her and another man holding each other, for the last time, it had to have been him that was the only explanation. He was the one that started all of the terror that has happened over the past few years. It was the ending that made her smile it was the way she said he looked at her and said, ‘This will be the beginning of the rest of their lives.’ It was the word ‘their’ that caught her mind, he was not talking about him and Saraquine; it was the Galaxy.

It was him, and she knew it without even hearing what he looked like, not that she ever saw him or even knew his name matter of fact, but the way he held Saraquine was all she needed to know. It was the same way that Koona held Panoka!

“Jasolin this guy that you said saw you, did you ever wonder if maybe he sent those dreams to you to help you understand something greater then yourself. Kind of like a way for me to know something that I needed to know.” Jasolin looked surprised for a minute but then just smiled and looked away, as if she was hiding something from Panoka that she was not sure she was suppose to tell anyone. The only reason Panoka asked because Jasolin knew a lot more then anyone else. She did not know ‘him’ so she did not know if he was alive or if he had gifts like everyone else.

“You are probably wondering why I laughed. There is a story I must tell you, but you have to promise you won’t tell any of the other servants.” Panoka just smiled and nodded her head; she would never tell anyone something that such a sweet girl was going to tell her. “My mother died giving birth to me and my twin brother. It was hard for my family and me to live on without my mother, but my father tried to do his best. After a few years, I started seeing visions of my mother while I was awake, at first it was only a voice. Then suddenly I saw her and my father in all their happy places as if I was there watching them.

“At first I thought everyone could do it, but slowly I realized that other children weren’t like me, so I asked my brother if he had seen things as well. He told me that he did not see anything, but there were certain things that were different about him then other children. We became closer that day then we have ever had in my entire life. You see he could not see things but he could actually move things from time and space. Once he showed me how he brought an actual bird that existed almost a hundred years ago on Sar. It did not stay very long and after a few minutes, it just disappeared just as it appeared.

“Finally after awhile we told my father about what we did and he told us to promise that we would never tell anyone about our special gifts, because at the time it was dangerous to tell people. They were afraid that we would be associated with the evil witch from across the border, a promise that I am braking with you because that is the only way to explain to you what I told you.

“The visions that I get are not like those that I got when I was a child. The visions I had about you, your family was of the future, and that did not start until I was a teenager. That was when my brother and I separated after my father died ten years ago. I never knew what happened to my brother, but I suspect that his power has grown just like mine. You see Lady Kovin I am not just some ordinary girl from Sar, but a child of magic.” Panoka started to laugh at Jasolin, because her whole family had their own gifts of magic as well.

“Jasolin your gift is not unusual; it is a gift from the stars. Even I have my own gifts; of course, passed down from my ancestors. Nobody knows why our family got their powers, being human and all, but it is nothing you should ever have to hide. You must stand up and be proud of what you have and be thankful for your gifts.” Jasolin stood up got mad at Panoka as if she was at fault to what had happened to her.

“You don’t understand Lady Kovin. My power was strange to even my father, and he knew my mother. I cannot even control it. When it happens, it happens without warning and most of the time it wares me out so much cannot even stand. This is not a gift it is a curse that the stars gave me.” Panoka looked away from her and looked disappointed at her servant and herself. The fire started burning bright as she stared into it, watching the sparks dance.

That was when she had an idea, it was as if lightening struck her mind and she knew what she should do with the information. Ms. Adie, an elemental, she had met years ago when she was visiting an old friend she went to school with. Ms. Adie teaches girls and others that wish to control those special gifts that they have inherited from their families.

“Oh my poor Jasolin do not get mad at me, but maybe if you will let me I will help you. I know someone that helps people that have inherited these kinds of gifts. Maybe she could help you use them to help others, and not just me.” Jasolin stared at Panoka almost smiling, while Panoka herself was already laughing and smiling.

“I would like that very much Lady Kovin.” Panoka started smiling and jumped up immediately bursting with joy and happiness she has not had in a very long time. She can help someone that had the same problem she had when she was very young and dealing with the fact, she was not just some little girl, but something special. As Panoka started jumping up and down, she felt a pang of pain in her stomach that almost made her collapse. “Lady Kovin are you okay, is something wrong?”

“Oh child I’ll be okay, it was just my stomach.” Jasolin helped her sit down on the bed and Panoka lay down on the bed closing her eyes. “Jasolin there is something that is different about me that I haven’t told anyone yet, not even Lord Kovin. I’m pregnant again.” The young girl smiled at her and started clapping her hands in joy. Even more excited then Panoka when she found out. Panoka could not help but laugh at her young servant girl. “What is so funny Jasolin, I don’t follow you?”

“It makes since to me now. I had a dream of you with two beautiful little children playing in a garden. Lady Kovin you are going to have a beautiful set of twins that will be as beautiful as you are now my Lady. I should know ma’am I saw it in a vision when I was playing with little Violette.” Panoka started getting tears in her eyes and suddenly she felt so happy. All this time she had been grateful to give their family one more member but to give her husband two more children, it was the happiest thing she could ever hope. All this time hoping to just be able to relive her childhood memories, but now she will be able to make her own memories.

Suddenly as she laid there and waved Jasolin away so she could be alone and think about what she could do with this new information when she saw her mother’s necklace on the night stand. Without even realizing it, she activated the Universe crystal with only knowing that she was going to have twins. Panoka reached over and picked up the crystal, and slowly slipped it over her head. Then she felt the power rush through her as if she was getting stronger by the second. The tingle that went through her body started to engulf her into this darkness of joy and happiness throughout her body. Finally having no strength left she closed her eyes and accepted what started.

A loud scream of freight made her realize she was not asleep she was not in the bed that she and Koona shared together. Panoka would be terrified any other time, but she was still feeling the excitement of knowing she was going to have twins. It only took seconds as her crystal of a bright purple that made her even happier. Suddenly an unknown force began to pull her deeper into the darkness. There were voices somewhere from far away but they seemed more as if they were talking to each other then to her. A piece of her knew that she was heading toward them.

As Panoka looked into the darkness for what felt like an eternity a few lights started to gleam from far away, and she knew that was where the voices came from. There was so much power that was in front of her she could not help but wonder what was going to happen to her. The lights were blue, red, and yellow all combined together as if one, but it felt that it was not complete that something was missing.

As she got closer, the lights started showing bodies connected to them. Three forms, two women and a man she felt as if she was suppose to know them by the feelings coming off them. The man was sad, very sad and it hurt Panoka to have this pain coming off him. The woman wearing the red crystal was felt guilt and pity on someone or something, but Panoka could not figure out what it was. Then the brilliant blue crystal that was brighter then all of them gave her the feeling of love and kindness that she hadn’t felt in a very long time as if a piece of her was missing until that moment.

Their faces hidden in the dark as she started getting closer, all she could see was a formal ware of these people that seem to be connected to her. Finally, the man turned for the first time and looked at her and she saw her beloved Koona staring back at her. She reached out to him and held him in her arms. She smiled as she looked into his eyes and they got close to each other feeling each other’s crystals combine.

Then she let go and turned to the girl with the red crystal, which she saw as Saroo-Kinay the current next High Protector. The both of them looked at each and reached out holding hands in and understanding embrace. Then as she turned and looked at the other girl, her heart jumped and she gasped.

There had not been a day in the last fifty years that she had not thought about what had happened to her and there she was standing there staring at them as if she had no clue who they were. It was the one and only Saraquine Marianne Parkern the long lost Protector of the Galaxy. It had been so long since anyone had seen her but she looked the same as she did the last time Panoka had seen her.

Panoka let go of her beloved husband and Saroo-Kinay’s hand and reached out to the next High Protector. Saraquine cautiously reached out and grabbed her hands. Panoka stood there smiling at her and then grabbed her into a hug. Saraquine just smiled and stared at Panoka as if she was crazy. “We thought you were dead!” She said into her ear and it was as if instantly her entire appearance changed and a young teenage girl stood in front of her.

“It doesn’t matter what you look like Saraquine we will always know who you are.” Saroo-Kinay said reaching out and holding Saraquine’s hand and Panoka held the other. Saraquine on the other hand did not move just stared at them as if she was deaf, and looked down at her clothes as if there was something different about her. “You look too much like your mother to hide who you are, Saraquine. I thought that you were dead.” Saraquine looked sharply at Saroo-Kinay even more confused and almost upset.

“Don’t worry Saraquine,” Koona said as he grabbed onto Saroo-Kinay and Panoka’s hand completing the circle. “I understand that you don’t know who we are and that no matter what we say you will not believe us. Saraquine you are very confused but I promise that we are your friends. We grew up together Saraquine and though you don’t remember we do, and we know who you are even though you don’t remember.”

Suddenly a picture formed from the crystals and in the middle of the four of them was a beautiful woman. Panoka knew exactly who it was and so did the other two, but Saraquine was still standing there quietly waiting to wake up from a bad dream. Her eyes were big and her hand were trembling a little as they stared at her.

“High Protector Violette,” The three of them said at once and Saroo-Kinay looked at Saraquine. “It’s your mother!” Saraquine looked at her and then at the picture obviously frightened by what she was seeing and realizing for the first time that this was not a dream and that she was not going to wake up and know everything was going to be fine.

“That’s impossible,” she said for the first time. “I have no mother, I have no family. This is not possible; none of this can be real. I’m supposed to be at dinner with my boyfriend for our anniversary or working at the restaurant, this isn’t real. My name is Sara; I don’t know anything about this Saraquine.” She screamed at the top of her lungs and let go of their hands. Panoka went to grab her but she was already falling away into the blackness. The three stood there holding hands watching as the next High Protector of the Galaxy floated away.
© Copyright 2009 Cathy (catangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561628-Galaxy-Crystal-A-Forgotten-Life-Chpt-34