*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561632-Galaxy-Crystal-A-Forgotten-Life-Chpt-56
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Cathy
Rated: 13+ · Other · Fantasy · #1561632
5 Sara tries to rationalize 6 Sara decides and teh Godesses temple
Galaxy Crystal: A Forgotten Life
by Catherine Framke

Chapter 5

The mist was thick and impossible to see through. It did not matter what she did it was just too thick to see through, and it just got thicker when she tried to see. It was as if someone was trying to tell her that trying was not going to change anything. The voice that was calling her came from everywhere and it sounded so desperate and scared. The more she ran though the harder it was to find them. The mist was keeping her away from knowing the truth. “Uncover the veil…”

Sara jumped gasping for air. She had never had a dream that vivid in her entire life and that the necklace Drake had given her had apart in it. She will never forget what happened when she collapsed on the ground. Those faces have haunted her ever since then and it frightened her that something like that was even possible.

Brandon told her she was only out for a few seconds but it felt like she was there for hour’s maybe even days. Then that name Drake had called her it was as familiar to her as if she had heard it so many times. It felt like it was on the tip of her tongue but she couldn’t say it. Then the dream she had made no since to her. Why were those people looking at her as if she was not supposed to be there? One of them said that they believed she was dead.

Sara turned and looked at the clock it was not even six o’clock in the morning and she was wide-awake. She had never been this awake in the morning before, but she was not going to fall asleep now. Sara got out of bed and sat there staring at the wall not wanting to move her dream still fresh in her mind. Nothing made any since to her.

She got up and changed her clothes. She always set her clothes out for the next day on her chair and all she had to do was grab it and put it on. There was a pair of blue jeans and her red tank top, and brushed her hair laying flat on her shoulders. She looked in the mirror in her bathroom, but it did not feel like the girl staring back at her was in fact her, but a stranger.

After a minute, she turned and walked out of the bathroom. It was too early for the Millers’ to be awake yet but she wished they were so she was not alone. Sara walked down stairs into the kitchen but she could not get herself to eat anything. There was food that she liked very much but it did not matter there just was not anything there she would like to eat. The idea of eating made her feel sick. There just was not anything to do!

Luckily for her, she did not have to work until Monday and maybe that will give her sometime to think about what was going on in her life to make it so complicated. As Sara stood in the living room staring at the floor she couldn’t help but wonder what she was suppose to do, or if she was supposed to do anything at all for that matter. Nothing made any since.

Instead of standing there alone Sara decided to go outback and sit on the porch with her thoughts. It was just to quiet for her to handle. She walked outside and felt the cool morning breeze touch her face and chill went down her spine. Sara did not care at the least there was noise and she did not have to worry about people staring. Their back yard was not bad, but it was the best she had ever had the pleasure of being around. Most of the places she lived there was no back yard and about three other kids around her. The Millers’ had a beautiful garden with trees and vegetables. It was great when she was little, and would help Jack with planting and picking them.

Sara coughed and reached to her throat as she cleared her throat, damn allergies. It was then that she felt the necklace around her neck. She was reluctant to take it off because of what had happened to her last night when she put it on. All the faces she saw when she was in the dark place have haunted her since. They kept telling her that she was someone she could not be, that did not exist.

There is not and never has been anyone named Saraquine Marianne Parkern. Sara would know when she got home she looked it up on the internet and found nothing on the name. If there was a family of Parkerns’ she would have had something come up on them. There was just something about that name though that she felt as if she has heard it a hundred times, but she does not remember ever hearing it. There was just no way that any of it had happened. It had to be some kind of illusion that her mind had thought up because she has never known where she was from. After all, she has always wondered what her parents looked like.

Then again, Brandon even said he saw the crystal on the necklace glow, there was no power that could do that. Sara would have known she checked before she went to sleep just in case there is something left. Sara checked for everything, wires, hidden place a battery could go, there was not a single thing on the necklace but the crystal.

There might not have been anything there but she believed Drake must have done it. That had to be the only explanation for all of this. Sara has always believed that there were people with a sixth sense that could make things happen. She knew there were some things that could not be explained by science or religion. She believed that people could make things happen by the power of their will. Just then, she heard someone open the back gate into the backyard.

Sara turned as she heard the footsteps on the concrete to the patio approach her. She thought maybe it was Drake to explain many things to her, after all he did leave somewhat abrupt. When she turned her head, it was not Drake at all, but Brandon. She had not seen him since she ran out on him last night. Sara was scared and confused and wasn’t sure what to tell him or what to do. Therefore, like she always did when she was scared she left him and Drake and went home.

She did ask him what time it was, and what happened. It was then that he said she was only out for second. Sara knew that her mouth dropped and that she stared at him blankly. All she could say was she had to go home. She grabbed her stuff and walked out. Drake just stood there staring at her with a slight smile on his face. He looked so proud of himself.

“Hey sweetie!” Brandon said sitting next to her. He pushed her up and swung his leg behind her sitting behind her. Sara smiled and curled up to his chest with his hands around her. For some reason Sara has always loved cuddling this way, there was something about having someone hold her this way.

“Hey,” Sara closed her eyes, and it felt like someone else was holding her. I guess that was the reason she liked him behind her, because she couldn’t see him and anyone could be holding her. “What are you doing here so early?”

“I was worried about you.” He snuggled her neck and kissed it softly. “I had a problem sleeping last night and as soon as I could leave without worrying about my mom asking a lot of questions. Are you okay?”

Sara shook her head. She was anything but okay. There was a lot going on that she was terrified. Her mind kept trying to rationalize what happened. There was no way to rationalize what really happened last night. Sara thought about it being something in her mind and it was her desire to have a mother and family. Sara has a very vivid imagination so it is possible that the whole thing was a figment of her imagination.

“Come on Sara you know you can tell me what is wrong.” Sara thought about it for a minute, she would like to talk to someone about it. She thought about calling Christy last night, but the idea of telling her something that serious was harder then it sounded. Brandon was always there for her, and it would be nice to get everything out in the open.

“I’m trying to rationalize everything that happened last night.” Sara opened her eyes and stared up at the clouds. “I saw things and heard things that I can’t seem to make any sense of.”

“Tell mea about it. What happened last night?” Sara reached up and grabbed the crystal on the necklace. The light shinned on it making it seem like it was glowing again. A part of her wanted it to glow again so she could know if what happened really did happen.

“When the crystal lit up I felt this tingle go up my legs. The tingling covered me and that was when I blacked out. I was surrounded by this blackness I was terrified. Then there were these voices, all I could do was scream. I wanted to get out of there.” Sara hesitated as she remembered the emptiness and the blackness that covered her.

“Go on Sara its okay.” Brandon held her tighter and she took comfort from it. She knew Brandon was holding her, but she still felt someone else holding her in their arms.

“The voices got closer and I noticed that they were coming towards me. There was a man and two women, all older then me. The first thing I noticed was their clothes, how shallow is that?” Brandon laughed; the last thing on Sara’s mind was clothes. “They were different from what you would normally see. It looked like they came out of the renaissance. The strange part was that I was wearing a white dress.”

“Hold up,” Brandon interrupted her. “You were in a dress. I haven’t seen you in a dress. That just isn’t fair!”

“Please, it was a dream or something.” Sara said elbowing him in the stomach. “Anyway it wasn’t made of weird material; it looked like silk, but felt like velvet. There were also sparkles that were a part of the material. I have never seen material like that anywhere in Tacoma.

“When the three people got closer they talked to me.” Sara had tears falling down her face as she grasped for words. “They kept saying that they thought I was dead.”

“Sara calm down,” Brandon held her tighter in his arms. She did not want to be comforted she wanted to get this over with. Sara needed to say the next part. She needed to tell someone what she saw.

Sara pushed him away a little and continued to talk, “They said I was one of them. That I grew up with them, and the something happened. They took my hand and this woman appeared. The woman was gorgeous Brandon. They told me…” Suddenly Brandon’s phone started ringing.

Frustrated Sara got up and let him answer his phone. This happened every time they were together. There was always someone to interrupt them or he always ran off. For the first time in their relationship, Sara really needed him. She needed to tell someone that they told her it was her mother. The woman looked so much like her that it scared her. She could have sworn it was Sara.

Brandon talked on the phone and Sara paced a little ways away. She knew he was going to leave. Brandon always left when it came to things important to her. He would leave her in a hospital bed sick if he was called into work. This was important to her. Sara needed to know what someone thought about that woman from her dream. She needed to know why the name Parkern didn’t show up in any of her internet searches.

“Sara,” Brandon got her attention. She turned and looked at him. He was sticking his phone in his pocket. “That was my mom, she needs help. I’m sorry I have to go.” Sara nodded her head and swept her hand toward the door.

“Go!” It was all she could say, she was pissed. He knew it! The look on his face told her everything she needed to know. Brandon creased his braw, and stuck his lower lip out just slightly. He was mad at himself because he was actually going to leave and she was crying. “Brandon just go.”

He didn’t say anything, he just walked off, and she stood in the garden alone once more. Sara sat down in the chair and curled her legs up to her chest. This day was turning out worse then when Peggy accidentally cut her hair. Her hair still has not grown back to its normal length.

The woman she could see her as if she was standing in front of her. The long black hair and beautiful green eyes, it was like looking into a mirror. Sara has been obsessed with finding her parents since she knew what parents were, but never could she imagine a mother that looked that much like her. Sara could have been her clone, instead of her daughter.

Sara mentally smacked herself. She had really lost it this time. She was telling Brandon what happened so that she could rationalize what happened to her, not make it worse. She didn’t have a mother or a family. The only thing that Sara had was the Millers’ and her friends. Nothing else matters to her at this point, and anything else.

It had been decided to Sara that she was not letting what happened to change her life. Whoever Saraquine was, it was not Sara. She had a life and a half way descent one at that. Nothing else should matter, only that Sara had a family, a job, good grades, and friends. That is all that matters, right?

The sky was starting to light up and she could hear Peggy’s voice in the kitchen probably on the phone with one of her friends. That was just like Peggy. As she walked through the glass door and shut it behind her Peggy stared at her worried. Sara just nodded her head and waved it off reassuring her that she was just fine. She walked through the apple-decorated kitchen to the cat-decorated dining room and into the glamour’s living room. Where to her surprise Christy was waiting for her on the couch looking very comfortable talking to Jack.

“Christy, what are you doing here? I thought you were going to be with Jonathan all day?” Sara said quickly rubbing her eyes trying to make it look like she was just tired and not crying her eyes out. “Sorry Christy I am just very tired, I didn’t sleep well!” Sara swallowed the lump in her throat. It was as if she stood there staring at her and seeing right through what she just told her.

“Sorry Sara! I broke up with Jonathan last night; he was starting to get ideas that he was in control of the relationship. No big deal, I thought we could hang out for awhile.” Christy sat there smiling with her curls covering most of her face. Sara nodded and gestured upstairs. “Excuse me, Mr. Miller it was nice talking to you!” Mr. Miller just shook his head and continued reading his paper as if she had disturbed him. In truth, Jack liked Christy very well but never showed it. The girls walked up to Sara’s room, and sat on her bed.

“So, why did you brake up with Jonathan he was a nice guy and I thought you would have kept him around a bit longer?” Sara’s nose was still running and her eyes were red and puffy at least in the mirror that was what they looked like. Up close was probably worse, the two of them sat down on her bed.

“Come on Sara! I can tell that you have been crying it does not take a miracle to figure that out. So what’s wrong, and where did you get that gorgeous necklace?” Sara pulled up her knees and stared at Christy. How was she going to tell her best friend what happened to her? Like it, mattered Christy knew Sara’s obsession with her real family.

In Christy's eyes, a flash made Sar feel uneasy about telling her what saw the night before. Sara has always known she could read things from people’s eyes and at that moment, as Christy looked at the necklace she felt want and need. Something Sara has never felt from Christy since she has known her. It was not normal for Sara to feel anything when she looked into Christy’s eyes; this was probably the first time.

“It was just a present from one of Jack’s business friends. He came over yesterday for a visit and gave it to me as a gift. Nothing special!” Sara said that as she looked down at the hazel color comfortable that Peggy had put on her bed that week. She still could not stop thinking about what she felt from Christy’s eyes. Sara wanted to tell Christy about everything that has happened to her since last night, but she could not tell her.

“Sara, Brandon called me last night when he got home. He told me what he saw and what Drake said. What happened to you last night? Why didn’t you call me when you got home?” Christy looked angry and almost as if, she was going to lash out and hurt Sara. It did not make any since that Christy would get mad because Sara did not call her about something that had nothing to do with her. “I thought we were friends! I thought we were best friends! If something like that happened to me I would call you!”

“Excuse you but it didn’t happen to you. It happened to me and it is something that I have to deal with on my own. You might be my best friend but it does not mean that I am going to tell you everything. God, Christy what is your problem? I am so sorry I didn’t call you and tell you that I found out that my entire life might be one big lie!” Sara screamed at her and in truth, she had no idea what she was saying or that she was that angry. It made her so mad that Christy expected her to tell her everything and she still had no idea what happened to her.

“Well then I guess we’re not as good of friends as I thought. You had better be careful or you are not going to have any friends at all. Nobody is going to hang around with someone who doesn’t tell them the truth.” Christy got up and started heading for the door stomping like a little child. “Maybe it would be better for you if you didn’t have any friends at all.” Christy opened the door; her voice was childish with her snobby attitude.

“Maybe it would be better if we weren’t friends. That way I won’t have to worry about telling you every part of my life.” Christy slammed the door and stormed out of her house. Sara was so angry she just started to scream to herself. How dare she expect her to explain something to her that she was not even sure about what was going on? Sara only wished she could understand why her life was so complicated and everyone else can be so happy. It was as if God had picked her to play games with and the whole world was watching and laughing.

Chapter 6

Sara felt the rage of what Christy had said to her; there was no reason for her to expect Sara to call her every time something happened to her. There was so much that has happened to her that Christy does not know about. Sara is not one to tell people about what she is feeling or what was going on in her life. After living in so many homes as a child and no one caring about what she felt. Sara just learned that she might have a whole other life she doesn’t know of.

For the first eight years of her life, she had no friends and when she did, she would move away and never see them again. There just was not any point in keeping friends, because after High School she will never see them again any way. Life was like that, friends do not stay around through the hard times. They are only there for you when things are good. Then they throw you away as if yesterday’s leftovers.

Suddenly Sara felt the rage run through her entire body, picked up her alarm clock, and threw it across the room. It hit her wall and shattered into pieces all over her floor. Her voice finally broke out and she stared at the floor, the pieces that she created with her rage, her body was shaking as she felt the anger build up even stronger as she thought how selfish Christy had acted.

There was just so much that Christy did not understand that was going on. She had been through so much and now there is a possibility that she could finally find out where she belonged. Where she belonged? Sara never imagined a place where she could be herself and nobody would judge her, but accept Sara for who she was. That is if Sara could find out who she really is. If she was anyone at all, that is.

If she is this Saraquine, is that really who she is or could she still be Sara? There were so many questions and Sara felt herself forgetting everything that Christy had said and was getting angry with herself instead. How stupid could she be to think she could ever be someone other then the adopted daughter of the Millers?

There was so much out there in the world and she wished that she could be among them instead of Tacoma. The city was big but it wasn’t Chicago, or New York. Maybe it is the reason she wants to believe it is real, to get away from everything. To be free from everything that she knows in Tacoma. Just the possibility’s that exist out there have to be better then what is here in a small city.

Sara started to cry again and began pacing back and forth in her room. All she ever wanted was a family and to find somewhere that she could be normal. Ever since she was kicked out of a foster house because she yelled that one of the kids was planning to burn down the house, she has kept who she was hidden. Nobody knew that she could read people’s minds when she was younger. She pushed it so far out of her mind that she didn’t know how she did it.

No mistaken though she could, and the evidence was every time she looked into someone’s eyes and knew that something was wrong or that they were lying. There was something different about her. When she looked into Drake’s eyes when he told her she was Saraquine, there was not one glimmer of a lie. Suddenly as she paced back and forth, she stepped on something and found herself falling. Then a sharp pain went through her head and nothing but blackness.

Out of the blackness came the fog that seemed to come out of nowhere that engulfed her in it. Then for some unknown reason she felt herself needing to find a way out of the fog. As if, her life depended on getting out and finding the truth. A long time ago, someone stole something from her. Someone or something very dark and evil that wanted her destroyed.

Suddenly like, every time she has this dream a voice starts yelling her name. For the first time though Sara is able to find her voice and yell back, her voice cracked and screeched but she had to yell and find out what was out there somewhere in the fog. Maybe the person could find her a way out of the fog. It was as if only now could she find a way to communicate with the person in the fog.

“Where are you? I can’t find you?” Sara yells without any worry that they are the one keeping her hidden in this dark place covered in fog. It was made to keep her there and to keep her lost for eternity, but there has to be away to get out. If she did not, there would be no purpose of living on without hope.

“Take off the Vale, Uncover the Vale it is the only way!” Sara heard those words and a jolt of shivers went through her body and she found herself almost knowing what they were talking about. The Vale it was the key, but what Vale? Is there any vale she could take off to make her life better?

The world was spinning yet she was not moving, her entire existence were uncertain and yet there was nothing there to balance on. Everything that was could never be again, and she wondered what could have been if her dream was real. The world is nothing but a dream, and yet she finds herself clinging to that dream. There is no hope for those that cannot release from a dream to reality. If people started to do what they feel then wouldn’t they end up living a life a misery and self-indulging? Then again, those that live on instinct and do what they feel are a lot happier then those that think logically.

That is why people tell her when she becomes an adult to try to stay young, because when she was young there was so much to live for, and she feels as if there are no boundaries. There is no logic in thinking what will happen, but every once and awhile there are those that cannot help but think all the time. Like those that have goals and want to be something more then just another face in the crowd, Each person just wanting to be something other then what everyone else is. Living in the moment or just not living at all. Is that all the options that the world gives them?

At least that was what she was going through Sara’s mind a thousand miles per hour before she heard someone calling her name from the reality. She slipped her way away from to discuss with herself what her life was like, deciding if she wanted to be one of those people that lived in the moment or just did not live at all. Her entire life she has been living by knowledge and taking things the way they came. She was debating in a way if she should go and live a life that could be true or live relaxed with something that is, to her, true.

Suddenly she remembered that there was someone calling her name and when she opened her eyes and looked up, she saw Drake’s dark eyes releasing a sign of worry. Worry! This man didn’t even know her, and from the look in his eyes before he didn’t care whom she was. Then there was the small smile as she left the locker room. Her entire mind rationalized that Drake did not really care about her. She just pushed it aside and tried to get up from the floor. Drake tried to offer her his hand but she just looked at it and grabbed her bed to get up. She did not need help from anyone especially someone she did not know.

Sara carefully sat down on the bed and held her head in pain. Her head was pounding; it felt like someone was taking a sledgehammer to her head and continued to hit her harder and harder. She must have had a concussion or something when she hit the ground. The only thing she could remember was yelling and then a very strange dream. Some confusing incoherent thoughts running through her mind about living, childhood, or something along those lines.

“Excuse me Saraquine are you feeling okay, it looked like you had one really bad fall.” Drake was standing over her she could feel his concern for her heating up the air around her. His strange presence of concern startled and comforted Sara.

“Don’t call me that! I am not your Saraquine; I cannot be anything other then what I am. So please leave me alone I’m happy here, or at least I was.” She pushed him to the side and reached for her aspirins to get rid of her headache.

“I’m sorry I didn’t me to startle you, but you are Saraquine.” Sara glared at him as she swallowed the aspirins. “I know this is confusing, but the minute I saw you I knew it was you. Trust me I would know better then anyone.”

Drake looked at her confused, and a bit startled. Sara was confused. She was convinced that Drake was the one that made her have that dream, but if it wasn’t him then maybe it was real. After all Sara was, the girl that could read peoples eyes.

“You are right you do look just like your mother, but I knew it was you, because it is you. I brought you something. Actually, my son wanted me to give it to you. Whether or not you remember him or even consider ever seeing any of them ever again you should still have it.” Drake sat down next to her and dug something out of his front pocket of his blazer. He seemed very sympathetic as if giving this thing to her meant more to him then he wanted her to know. “It isn’t much but he made the frame for it. He told me to tell you that he misses going to work with me and playing with you in the garden. You must understand he looked up to you a lot and told me that he too wanted to be a guard so he could protect you like I once did, but now he only wants to have you back.”

He handed her a framed picture. The frame handcrafted from some kind of reddish wood and carved with flowers around the picture. Sara ran her fingers over the wood laughed at the childish carvings. Then she happened to glance at the picture of a little boy in her arms. Sara had to glance once more at the picture and her standing there holding the little boy. She was wearing a light blue sundress and a big smile. It was Sara, the exact image of her with longer hair. Her eyes began to tear up as she stared the unbelievable similarities.

“I look so happy, it can’t be me.” A tear fell down her face. “O great now I’m crying again. What is wrong with me? Why can't I be happy like everyone else in the world? Am I destined to be alone forever, or is my happiness already passed.”

“You sound just like her,” Drake nodded to the picture. Sara looked back down at the picture, and really looked at it this time. Drake’s son looked a little different then any of the little boys she had ever seen before. There was something about his aura that was different. She looked even closer and saw a strange flower behind them. It was blue, a cross between a sunflower and a rose. Sara wasn’t stupid there was not such flower on Earth.

“This picture isn’t really.” Sara threw it at him and stood up. “Look at those flowers in the background there are no flowers like that on Earth.” Drake grabbed the picture and looked at it a small smile on his face. “And another thing I looked up Saraquine Parkern on the internet and there is nothing on either of those names. You need to tell me what is going on, now!”

Something in Sara suddenly snapped. She was living in a dream world that Drake had some how created, but now she knew better. None of this is possible! She is Sara! All Drake needed to do was take a picture of her and place it on some other girls head to create a picture like that.

“Because it does not exist on Earth,” Sara raised her eyebrows and started laughing. She has heard a lot of things in her life, but this was going to top them all. “It is called a nace, only found on Sar.”

Sara didn’t look at him but heard him stand up and sat something on her nightstand. “My name is Drake, I didn’t lie about that. You are Saraquine Marianne Parkern, I would know. Sixty-five years ago, I was assigned to protect the next High Protector. Let us just say it wasn’t what I wanted. The High Protector, your mother, wanted you to be safe; she was so worried that you were in danger. There were only a few people that knew you were even alive.”

“Drake be very frank with me right now. Who is Saraquine?” Sara turned and looked at him he was staring down at his feet. He wouldn’t even look at her. “Come on it can’t be that bad?”

“Oh it is,” he said and looked up at her still thinking. “You might not believe me but Saraquine is a fighter, or was training to be. Personally you, she, is a very feisty, enthusiastic, and opinionated child. I knew you since you were a child. I was your personal guard.”

“Please, stop referring me to her.” Sara looked sad as she stared at him. “I asked you who she was not how you knew her. I looked up her name online and found nothing. If she existed no one is looking for her.”

Drake shook his head. “No one on Earth is looking for her. I am an elf, Sara.” She looked at him as if he was crazy. If he thinks she will believe this nonsense then he has lost his mind. “I’ll show you if you want.”

Right before Sara’s eyes, his ears grew, and clothes changed. He looked like he came out of a movie. What was happening to her this moment only happened to people in movies. She knew that things like that didn’t exist in real life. Yet standing in front of her is an elf with everything an elf should have.

“Everything you know is a lie.” Sara couldn’t speak, she couldn’t even move. “What you believe on Earth as fairy creatures, or myths all happened. They are stories passed down from generation to generation. The only problem was that all of them left this planet a long time ago. I wish I could give you the details, but the truth is that it happened before my time, and the information is lost.”

“You’re not lying to me are you?” Drake shook his head. Sara looked down at his black cloak, dark eyes, and black hair. No matter how hard she tried to rationalize this one, there was no way she could be seeing this. “So if you’re an elf what am I?”

Drake laughed, but there was no way that Sara was going to laugh, she was being dead serious. “You are human; we call your kind Anum, or the outsiders. I don’t know why. You are special because you come from a family of High Protectors. That is why you could activate the crystal, and why you have special gifts.”

Sara sat down on the bed. Drake is telling her that not only is she different from everyone else, but that she isn’t even from Earth. The problem was she was beginning to believe him. “What is a High Protector?”

Drake sat next to her. He reached over and grabbed the crystal from her neck staring at it. “The crystal was given to you’re an ancestor after the first Galactic war. Your family was entrusted to keep a war like that from happening again. The crystal is a mystery, but its power is embedded directly into your entire being.”

“This sounds silly, but how are you speaking English, if you’re from a different planet?” Drake laughed again and stared at her brushing her hair out of her face.

“Don’t worry about any of that now.” Drake closed his eyes and fidgeted with his hands a moment. “You should be asking about why you are here?”

Sara looked at him scared for a moment. He was right that should have been her question from the get go, but she guessed she was scared of that question. If the answer made since they she will be inclined to believe what he was telling her as the truth, and the last thing she wanted was to believe that anything that extreme is possible.

Still that woman she saw and those people seemed so real. “Okay, why am I here and not there?” Sara wanted to ask him who the three people she saw from her dream were, but she figured it could wait until she knew why Saraquine is missing in the first place and just maybe she would be able to disprove what he is saying.

“You disappeared. I was right there with you. I think it was your mother that did it, before she died. Our enemy Vacunay attacked your mother, they fought, but she won. Your mother loved you so much; she was only trying to protect you. I was the one that told your aunt that you were gone. She decided not tell anyone about you, and kept you a secret.

“High Protector Sinara took care of things after that. She was the one that sent for you, she sent me to take you back. You disappeared fifty years ago Sara. I don’t know what your life here is like, but I know what your life was like. I am not going to tell you that you were always happy, but I will tell you that you had a family that loved you and they still do.”

Sara didn’t know what to say. In some way, it made since. If he comes from a world where magic existed, then it could be possible for all of it to be possible. Not that Sara believes that she is Saraquine, but Drake is very convincing. Not to mention when she looks into his eyes she can see that he is telling the truth.

“Sinara, is she one of the people I saw in my dream?” Drake stared at her confused. Sara realized he still didn’t know what she saw. “When I blacked out there were three people, a woman with blonde curly hair. Another woman had long brown hair, and a man I think he had black hair.” Drake smiled a little. “They all had a crystal a yellow, a purple, and a red.”

“The other protectors,” Drake nodded his head. “Lord and Lady Kovin, and your cousin Duchess Saroo-Kinay. Lord Koona Kovin was your betrothed, a very distant cousin. He is the first male to have a crystal in the history of the Galaxy Kingdom. Panoka is also a distant cousin, and happens to be Koona’s wife, they have a little girl named after you mother, Violette.”

Drake stopped talking after that and Sara stared at him enquiringly. “What about the Duchess? Who is she?” Drake took a deep breath, and looked at her and then looked away again. He began to dig something out of his pocket again. Sara started scooting away from him, not sure, what he was doing.

He handed her some small pendant with a strange symbol on it. On the left was a crescent moon and next to it was a star with a small blue crystal. “It’s a communicator, with your family’s symbol imprinted on it. A couple of hours ago I got a message from the Duke. Vacunay kidnapped Saroo-Kinay. She was taking her daughter to a river for a lesson. Anay escaped but Saroo-Kinay was taken. You are the only one that can get her back, Vacunay wants you.”

Sara’s eyes got wide. She expected that all he wanted was to take her back with him, but now he wanted her to save their Duchess. “I am not Saraquine, Drake. I don’t know how to fight, and I don’t know anything about your Kingdom. I can’t help you.”

“You still doubt that you are Saraquine.” Sara nodded her head with a small smile on her face. “There is a ball tonight at the capitol. The King and Queen is honoring the death of your Aunt Sinara. A special guest is going to be there, if anyone can know without a doubt it will be this person.”

Sara looked away from him again. All of this is very believable, and Sara does want to know the truth. Maybe this person will know the truth. Still if she goes, all of this will be real and she will know that there is a whole other world out there and government. Still maybe she needs to know the truth, and know that what he is saying is real.

“Why do you want me to go? What if I am not Saraquine? I’ll come back knowing that all of you exist.” Drake sat a hand on her shoulder and stared deep into her eyes.

“Don’t worry you are Saraquine.” Drake smiled brightly at her. “I know that your life has been hard. Miss Sara you must understand that many things have happened over the years. Your past year has been fifty years to the rest of us, yet my son only looks one year older then in that picture. You do deserve happiness and you will get it one day. There was a time you had a childish happiness and some day you will have a woman’s happiness. I look forward to that day Saraquine.” Sara felt a sudden parental kindness radiating off his body. That was something she did not understand at the first time that she saw him it was a feeling that he was a liar, and now that she was his child.

“Can I ask you something Drake?” He simply nodded staring at the picture of his son. “Why do you care about me so much even if I am just a Protector I can’t help but feel that you care about me?” Drake smiled again and laughed a little while he looked back up at her.

“Well you must understand when I got out of the academy the High Protector hand picked me to watch over you. You were my first and last mission as a Guard and Soldier. I watched you grow up, I was the shadow that followed you around, and believe me you hated me for that, but there was times like the night before you left that I will never forget. You were crying in your room and I walked in to see if you were okay. It was the moment I realized that I was not just your guard but also a friend. One of the only friends you ever had, and I helped raise you from birth.” Sara smiled at him and then frowned what was only a moment ago she did not believe there was such a thing as the Galaxy Kingdom then suddenly she believed Drake helped raise her. She was crazy!

“What am I doing I can’t be a High Protector everyone will know that the minute I go to the ball. If I go to the ball especially whoever you want me to see that would have the answers I need to know what really happened that night!” Drake stood up and reached out his hand.

“Then why don’t you find out? If you are not Saraquine as you say then they will know and you will go home as if you never left. I will make sure that your memories are whipped clean. If you are then you will finally know where you belong and have a family that truly loves you.” Sara looked down at the picture of Drakes son and realized that it could not hurt and if she was not Saraquine, she could leave the picture there for the real Saraquine. Sara reached up, took his hand and nodded. “All you have to do is close your eyes, don’t open them or you will get very dizzy let the teleporting to me for now.”

Sara did as he said and closed her eyes. In only a matter of seconds, she felt the ground underneath her fall away. There was a rush of wind go past her she could not feel Drakes hand anymore. It was as if she was in a wind tunnel her red tank top making her chilly and her hair was flying everywhere. A constant rush of adrenaline throughout her body as if she was spinning.

There was so much going on around her. Yet at that moment, nothing mattered at all. She already had so many people in her life that she could not trust and now she was adding more to them. Another one of her long and outstanding ideas in this harsh old life, after all she was sixty-seven years old. That is if she was Saraquine, now convinced that there is a slight possibility.

Suddenly Sara opened her eyes as she felt asphalt under her feet. She let go of Drake after her head stopped spinning. It was no wonder Drake had her close her eyes it was a killer on your senses. That could be because of time differences, but she was still new at all of these things. She could only think that it was the sensation of moving threw space in seconds and arrive at the destination.

Sara knelt on the ground breathing deeply. She felt her stomach turn in pain. Without warning, she up chucked stomach acid. Drake was by her side instantly patting her on the back. He helped her off the ground and sat her down on some hard surface near by. Sara opened her eyes only to see white brick.

Then Drake put a piece of bread in front of her face and she ate it. Whatever the bread was it helped and she was beginning to get over her nausea. Drake continued to rub her back as she sat hunched over taking deep breathes. Slowly her stomach settled down and she sat up.

What she expected she wasn’t sure, but it wasn’t that. She sat in a building with glass and white bricks. With every glass pane there was a line of shiny brick. Sara was sitting on the edge of a bench. In front of her was a giant corridor with six huge white pillars. The ceiling was a good thirty feet high made of the same white brick.

Sara felt a strange power go through her as she sat staring at the white building. She looked down the corridor and in an enormous ray of glory stood a statue. Leaving Drake behind she stood up and began to walk down the corridor toward the statue. It was an amazing site if she had ever seen anything in her life.

There was no possible way that she could see this on Earth she realized. This place was on another planet, this place did not exist in reality. A place like this was a part of a fantasy world named Sar that Sara somehow belongs too. At least it does according to Drake.

As she got closer, the statue seemed to change and move. The white glossy eyes hypnotized Sara. A mote with flowers in it surrounded the statue of this woman. The woman was wearing a robe that wrapped around her body. The statue had long wavy hair that fell down her shoulders some of it lying on her arms. Her hands were cupped and extended out to her.

Sara reached her hand up to touch the statue, but pulled back at the last moment. The building was quiet, but when she pulled her hand back, she heard light footprints walk toward her. The foot steps were not Drake’s heavy steps, they were feminine. Sara didn’t look away from the statue in front of her.

“She is beautiful isn’t she?” A soft female whispered as she came up next to her. Sara only nodded her head and continued to look into the hypnotic eyes. “The craftsman worked for years to make her the way he saw in his vision of the mother. It was the only thing he ever made. His last request was that it be in her temple here in the capitol of the Galaxy Kingdom.”

“It is beautiful.” Sara was still staring at the statue, she really wasn’t listening to the woman or even look at her. “As I walked up it looked like it moved. Who is she?”

The woman laughed softly. “Have you never made an offering to the Goddess before child?” Sara suddenly turned and looked at the woman talking to her. She was of average height, but she had no hair, and wore a robe like the statue. At first, she blew Sara away, but then she realized that this girl must be a priestess of the temple.

“Let me just say that I have never had the need to before.” The woman looked at Sara confused. She looked Sara up and down studying everything Sara was wearing. The look on the girls face made Sara feel as if she was being examined by a computer.

Without warning or any encouragement, the girl gasped loudly. Sara looked behind her toward a wall and a column, and then looked back toward where Drake stood back at the bench he sat her on.

“I am sorry miss I did not realize I was talking to one of the Goddess’ protectors.” The young girl lowered her head and looked back into Sara’s eyes. “Here,” the girl pulled a flower out of a basket that was sitting on the floor near her feet, a basket that Sara neglected to see before. “Make an offering and send a prayer to the Goddess.”

“Who is the Goddess if I may ask?” Again, the woman looked at her confused. Sara felt like she had just insulted the woman’s whole belief system. This Goddess is a part of their culture and what they believe in. She believed that Sara was chosen by the Goddess to protect the Galaxy as a Protector, because of the crystal. “Act like I am not from around here, please indulge me.”

“The Goddess created all things. She was the one that gave us the planets we live on and the stars that heat our worlds. The Goddess gave us life, when we had nowhere to go. The mother protected us during the Galactic war when our enemies almost whipped us out. Without her we are nothing, without her we would all be dead.” Sara listened intently; she was always interested in what other people believed.

She never believed in anything. She had always seen religion as a way for others to control her. Sara did not like to be controlled by an unseen force because someone else told her it was the way things worked. She has always been a free thinker and could not believe in something that she did not have proof existed.

Still Sara took the flower from the woman’s hand. She closed her eyes, and deep down prayed that everything would go right. Sara prayed that all she has learned and all that has happened to her would turn out for the best. She prayed that everyone involved would be happy with the result. Sara made the prayer believing that she was not Saraquine, but deep down as she stared up at the statue she felt herself being called. It felt as though the Goddess was telling her that her prayers would be answered.

With that, Sara took the flower and tossed it into the waters below the Goddess. She looked over and saw the woman bowing to the statue her head on the wall of the mote. Sara knelt down and placed her own head on the edge of the mote. Then before the woman got up Sara stood up and looked back at the statue’s face and she swore she saw it smiling at her.

“Come now Protector, it is time for you to go.” Sara walked back toward Drake with the young woman. “You have honored this temple by your presence I hope that some day you will return here. The Goddess does not choose just anyone to serve her like she has chosen your family.”

“Thank you!” The woman grasped her own hands in front of her holding them in front of her chest and bowed her head slightly. Then she turned and looked at Drake smiling brightly and bowed once more. Drake bowed back to her and the woman walked away from them. Sara stared at Drake questioning, but said nothing.
© Copyright 2009 Cathy (catangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561632-Galaxy-Crystal-A-Forgotten-Life-Chpt-56