*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561635-Galaxy-Crystal-chpt-78
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Cathy
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1561635
7Glass City, and a Dizard 8 Jasolin and Ms. Adie
Galaxy Crystal: A Forgotten Life
by Catherine Framke

Chapter 7

Drake grabbed Sara’s elbow and began walking her toward the far end away from the Goddess. There she noticed that there were two panes of glass not separated with the brilliant white bricks. It was then that Sara realized it was the doors out of the temple.

For some reason Sara didn’t want to go outside, she wanted to stay in the temple. There was fear coursing through her entire body. Sara had forgotten that she was no longer on Earth and she had no idea what to expect when she walked out those doors. Drake was an elf, and she believed him, but what else was she going to find out on the streets of this strange city.

They were only a few feet from the door when she stopped. Drake turned and looked at her his braw was creased questioningly. Sara only stared at him and took a deep breath closing her eyes. “What am I going to see out there?” Sara opened her mouth to say more but the words would not come out. “I know that I am not on Earth, and this place is very strange to me. I don’t want to offend anyone.”

Drake nodded his head, grabbed her elbow again, and started to walk toward the door. “Well the Glass city of Sar is the capitol of the Galaxy Kingdom. You will see many things, many species. Some of these species you will recognize from stories you heard on Earth, others will frighten you. The best thing you can do right now is to observe, but don’t react.”

Sara nodded her head and Drake reached over on a bench next to the door was a blue cloak. She had gotten comfortable with the way that Drake was dressed and didn’t realize how different it was from her. She supposed that people didn’t wear jeans on Sar or tank tops. From the look that the priestess was giving her it was probably more revealing then they are use too.

Sara looked down at her clothes as Drake opened the cloak in his hands. She supposed that it was pretty revealing. The jeans were tight hugging her legs and made her butt look nice. At least according to her, they made her butt look good. Then her tank top was even tighter then that. She never had much boobs, but what she did had did poke a little out of her top. Sara had never really thought that her clothes made her look skimpy, because where she went to school girls wore a lot worse.

With one swift motion, Drake sat the cloak over her shoulders and tied it in front. The cloak covered everything, except her shoes. Drake pulled her hair out from underneath the cloak and lifted the hood over her head. Everything got dark and she could barely see Drake standing in front of her.

Sara took the hood and pulled it back a little so that she could see what was in front of her. There was no way that she was going to miss anything on this planet. She wanted to remember every detail of Sar so that when she went back home she would have a story to tell her best friend. That is if Drake doesn’t wipe her memories out in the process of her going back home.

Rolling his eyes at Sara, he placed his own hood over his hand and opened the door for her. Sara took a deep breath and stepped out of the temple. At first, everything was bright and her eyes had to adjust to the light gleaming off the buildings. After a moment, Sara was able to lift her head and look up at the great Glass City.

The roads were white bricks underneath her where cement would have been on Earth. She could tell where the sidewalk began because the bricks turned to a light gray. On the sidewalks were benches the same gray as the bricks on the ground. Every few feet she saw a white lamp post and on top a circle of light. The buildings next to the street looked almost the same on both sides. Every building was made of glass from top to bottom. The strange part was she could not see through the glass. Each building had gray steps leading up to a glass door. Sara saw someone go up to one of the doors and it automatically slid open and then slid close once more.

Drake placed his hand on her back and began to push her down the streets. Sara kept her arms crossed her wrists holding them in front of her. As they walked, she could only see a few people from time to time. People were going through their daily lives as if nothing was different. For all they knew everything would be fine given time just like it always did. Sara hoped that she would get on with her normal life, but the fact was it might be too late to continue with the life that she once had.

Drake pointed around the corner and suddenly the streets were crowded everywhere she looked. It was strange to see so many different species all gathered in one place. On earth very, kids are told that these species, as Drake called them, did not exist. In the old days, she learned that humans would fight each other because of fear of anything that was different from them. If these species showed up on Earth, they would turn their prejudice toward them and off each other. She did not blame them for not going to Earth, she wouldn’t.

It was strange because Sara had never actually ever thought about the possibility of many of these creatures existing. All she ever saw was pictures of them from fantasy artists. It was fascinating how none of them seemed to mind each other and they smiled and greeted each other as if they were all the same. All of it felt like a dream. Without realizing it, she had stopped in her tracks and just stared at all of it in disbelief.

“They are here because of the ball. On Sar it is a big deal, and people come from all over to trade their goods.” Drake whispered to her as she stood there staring at everything.

On the sidewalks stood stands of food, crafts, metal works, and so much more. With Drakes assistants, she began to walk again. Sara looked over to her left and saw a woman, very tall with long blonde hair. The woman’s eyes were black, but she had a giant smile on her face and handed a giant a red round fruit she had never seen before. Sara made a mental note that before she left she would try one.

The giant was strange to her. In myths people called giants were tall humans. This giant was very tall, but he wasn’t like a human. He was hairy from head to toe, and his facial features reminded her of an ape. It took her a minute but for some reason she thought of a Neanderthal and she almost gasped in understanding.

As they walked down the street, she spotted two human looking creatures sitting on the steps to the building. One of them was old with long scruffy gray hair. They both had wings like a crows, but they were maroon. He was talking to the younger one. The little one had brown hair and began laughing at something he said. It appeared, she guessed, that he was telling the kid a story.

Suddenly a fairy flew in front of her face and stopped staring at her. It looked different from any of the pictures she saw of folklore fairies. Its hair was short blonde, almost white, and stood up from its head. The nose was pointy and ears poked out of its head in a cylinder shape. Then those eyes were piercing red as it stared at Sara. The fairy wore green pants and shirt. Its arms were long and skinny with long fingers and short claws at the end. Sara couldn’t see its wings because they moved like a hummingbird and were to fast for her to see. All she could hear was a slight hum.

“I know who you are.” The female voice came from the fairy in a low, but squeaky voice. Then it laughed at Sara and flew off. She followed the fairy with her eyes as it flew up disappearing in the light bouncing off the glass buildings. She turned and looked behind her to see the sun begin to set. It was a beautiful sight.

There were cloud around the sun and it glowed a brilliant purple. Sara had seen the sunset on Earth and it would turn a brilliant red, but she had never seen a purple sky. This to her was more proof that Sara was no longer on Earth. This place was definitely on a different planet with its own rules.

Although the city was bigger then she imagined Drake never missed a street. They turned a corner and there was a castle. The castle was not as big as the buildings, but it was on a hill surrounded by gardens. The brick was a brilliant white that reflected the glory that it stood for. Drake put a hand on her shoulder, “Welcome home my Saraquine.”

In front of the hill where the castle was built on was a big courtyard. There were more booths there then anywhere else in the streets that she saw. Plants were in pots that lined around this giant circle in the middle of the courtyard. Black bricks made a spiral motion in the middle. There were kids of all the species, kicking around a green ball. Drake was right it did feel like she was home, but there seemed to be something missing.

Sara smiled but only for a minute as screams rose from down the street. She turned, but something shoved her to the ground. The people were surrounding her thankfully no one stomped on her, but she still felt crowded. There was no way to get up or even move. She felt someone hit her cloak off her head and a strange wind blow her hair up. Sara tried to look up and find a way to stand up, but people were frantic to get out so they were moving fast. Sara tried to find Drake, but he was swept away with the crowd thinking that they would push her along as well. Finally, as the people disappeared she stood up. A few stragglers were seen across the courtyard disappearing around a corner.

At first she was going to look for Drake, but he was nowhere in sight. She was alone in the middle of the courtyard, frantically looking for what they were running from. Down the street, she saw only lamps and destroyed food stands. Slowly Sara started walking down the street, where the people were running, looking for anything that seemed to be weird. The tall buildings did not seem to move.

She knew that she should run like the others, but a sense of needing to know what was going on kept her walking. She did not have Drake to protect her or friends to talk sense to her. She just kept on walking toward the endless stream of glass searching for strangeness that resided somewhere in the maze of buildings.

Sara must have only been a half a block away when she heard its deep breathing from around the corner. She stopped abruptly from the shock of seeing a creature that she could not make up in her wildest dreams. These horrible eyes were staring at her maybe fifteen feet away. It stood on giant scaly paws on all four and huge muscular body ready to charge at her. The large razor sharp teeth with buckets of saliva dropping from them scared Sara the most. Its dog shaped face with no ears and giant purple eyes staring directly in her eyes.

Slowly she began to step backwards trying to get away from it without it getting mad at her and charging after her. A low snarl came out of its mouth and fear ran through her body. Just as she almost got the courage to run away she felt, pair of hands grabs her head. She felt anxiety run through her and she gasped in fear.

Sara went to look behind her until a voice whispered in her ear, “Don’t loose eye contact it will charge immediately.” Her heart pounded in her chest, but stopped when she felt the strange manly hands grab a hold of hers. The sound of the voice calmed her significantly. She wanted, needed to look into his eyes, but could not for fear of her life.

“What do I do, please?” He slowly lifted her hands up to the necklace pulled loose from underneath her cloak. He was gentle with her, and his hands were strangely soft. He closed Sara’s hands around it. He moved his hands on her waist and at that moment, everything felt right and complete for the first time in her life.

“All you need to do is believe!” She could feel his breath in her ear and felt shivers go down her spine. He must have felt it to because his voice changed. “I know who you are. It is not the way you look or because you ware the Galaxy crystal. I know who you are because you radiate with the power deep down in your very soul. All you need is believe that there is a possibility that you had a mother that was the High Protector and that she loved you very much.”

The possibility, as he had said did come to Sara. There could have been a mother that loved her and protected her from whatever wanted her dead. Someone that might have read her stories when she went to bed and played with her in the gardens. A mother that rode horses with her and had picnics, and maybe a father who would look at her with pride and say that she was his little girl, and tell her how proud he was of her. A tear fell down her face with just the possibility that she was or could have been loved by parents.

“Who are you?” Sara said very softly, still not looking away from the creature staring her in the eyes. The man behind her tightened his grip on her waist. She waited for him to say something, but he wouldn’t say anything, he just held her. “Please tell me who you are or at the least why you are helping me?”

The man turned his head a little placing it just in front of her ear. “I know who you are that is all the reason I have ever needed to help you.” Shivers shot down her spine as if she was being electrocuted. The man’s hands moved forward to her stomach and held her there against him. “Don’t worry about that now Saraquine. You must think about your mother, her long black hair and green eyes. Most importantly I want you to know without a shadow of a doubt that she loved you.”

She wanted to close her eyes, but she did not. At this strange moment, Sara wasn’t thinking about the mother, she saw in her dream or a father she didn’t have. The only thing she could think about was this man’s arms around her, and his voice in her ear. The way she could just melt into him and be happy. He told her to think about how her mother loved her, but all she could do was think about him.

Then she realized she was still holding onto the crystal in her hands. She tightened her grip feeling it cut into her hand slightly. For some reason she felt everything at once. Sara could feel the man holding her and the crystal in her hands. She leaned back on him staring the creature in the eye, but not looking at it completely.

Sara felt the crystal get warm and a light crept up into her eyesight. Then the blue light must have been covering her because it was all she could see. The blue light was a haze in front of her starting out light and grew thicker as she held it in her hands. She still felt the man’s arms around her and his body pressed up against her back. It was the only thing that Sara could think of, the only thing that mattered to her.

Sara could not tell whether she still held the strange animal’s eyes or not. All she could feel was the same tingling run through her body. This time the tingling went a lot faster then it had the first time. It was only a matter of seconds instead of minutes. When it reached her head, she did not black out all she saw was the blue light covering her, and felt the man holding her. She was light headed and felt as if she was going to fall over, but she did not.

Then she thought she heard the man say he loved her, but she could not tell anymore. Her eyes got heavy, she felt herself surrounded by love and happiness, and it felt right. All it took was this man holding her and talking to her. It took this strange man holding her in his arms and talking in her ear. This feeling was as familiar to her as getting up and going to school every morning. It would be nice if she could say it was the idea of her having a mother that loved her, but it wasn’t.

Slowly Sara’s eyes closed and she couldn’t feel the man holding her. She couldn’t feel anything. All she felt was light. Sara was light almost as if she was floating in the air. Then she felt her arms fall from her neck and an electric charge go through her entire body. Sara gasped and opened her eyes for a moment.

There she saw the woman from her dream, her mother standing in front of her holding her hand out for Sara. Sara wanted to reach out and take her hand. Sara felt light and that she was floating, but her hands felt heavy when she tried to move. She couldn’t reach out and take the woman’s hand. Her eyes got heavy again and then it was all over. The last sensation she could feel was herself falling and then nothing.

* * *

He could not believe he said that, it was the stupidest thing he could ever do. He promised himself he would not tell her anything about the past. It was complicated and would be best if she found out on her own. It would be wrong to confuse her even more then she already was, and it was obvious that she was very confused. There was just a moment that he needed to tell her that he still loved her so much that it hurts.

Jalee was not lying though everyone would say the same thing to her; she did look the same. Her small slim body and pitch black hair. It is just like the first day they met, and he knew she felt it too. Jalee felt her shivers and her lean against his body slightly. He would have been content just holding her that way until someone else came and destroyed the animal, but he couldn’t. As it was, things were going to get complicated for both of them.

Saraquine slowly slipped out of his fingers as she lifted into the air in a blue light. He was covered by it as well, but as she pulled away, he felt it detach from him. The power was strong, very strong. Jalee had seen a lot of power in his life, but he had never felt anything as powerful as the Galaxy Crystal and the Protectors. Saraquine was going to be a High Protector, and from the feel of her power, she was going to be a very powerful one at that.

Saraquine still had the power that her mother passed down to her over the years. That power passed down from generation to generation throughout the Protector’s family. Jalee knew the history, because Saraquine told him the stories of her ancestors. Women blessed by the Goddess and protect the Galaxy.

Jalee looked at the animal and just as it appeared; it disappeared within the blue light. Finally, as the light faded he saw her fall like a feather in the wind floating toward him. Her arms and head limp, the power she used made her weak. Saraquine didn’t use her power much even before she disappeared, but now it had been fifty years since she used her power. It wasn’t just the shock of using it that made her collapse it would have overwhelmed her very soul.

As she got closer, he caught her in his arms. Her body was limp eyes closed shut. Jalee was more concerned about whether she was breathing or not and he could not tell. The power might have put her into some kind of shock causing her to stop breathing. It wouldn’t have been the first time. When children first learn to use their power, they could go into shock and die.

Her head bent back; mouth gaped. One of her hands had fallen to her side and the other on her stomach. The light was gone and he stood there in the middle of the street alone with Saraquine in his arms. Quickly as he could, he walked to a gray bench and softly laid her down. The cloak she was wearing fell open. He laughed at her strange outfit. Jalee checked her pulse on the hand on her stomach. When he put his head to her nose to see if she was breathing this strange closeness came over him.

Jalee looked at her, head still directly in front of his. His hand reached up and touched her hair instinctively, her black locks going through his fingers. Her hand moved and eyes slowly opened up looking at him. “I know you!” She reached up and touched his face before she collapsed again.

“You do know me!” Jalee smiled and sat there staring at her beautiful face. There is absolutely nothing more perfect. It is more then her just being a Protector it was Saraquine the only person he will ever care for. The one person that can make him feel more alive then any battle he could get in too.

He knew from the first moment that he met her that Saraquine would be the only person he would ever love. When she disappeared, he became a shell of a man, never completely becoming what he once was with her. Now she lay in front of him unconscious and powerful.

Jalee leaned closer to her his lips inching their way to her mouth. All he wanted was on kiss and he would leave her alone. Just a single taste and he will live around her as if he knew nothing about her past. Jalee will tell her that he was just a friend of her family and tell her nothing about how much he truly cared for her. All he wanted was just one…

Suddenly he heard feet running toward them in a hurry. Jalee looked up and Drake was coming at them in full run. Drake would have understood, but he would not allow him to know that Jalee was that tempted by her. Jalee stood up and met Drake knowing that none of it looked right and he had probably saved Jalee a lot of heart ache. As if it really mattered though, Drake knew the truth. He was there that day when he lost his Saraquine. Still it was the next High Protector. Jalee would always respect her honor and keep it intact.

“She’s okay!” Jalee said as Drake stood in front of him. Drake nodded once and looked at her. “She killed it. She hasn’t used her power in fifty years it just took everything out of her.” He walked over to her; Drake was close behind him.

“It hasn’t been fifty years.” Drake looked down at her unconscious face. “Saraquine used her power on Earth, where she was by the way. She didn’t know that she was using it, but she was without a doubt using it.”

Jalee pushed he hair back off her shoulder to get a better look at her. “Her power is stronger then it once was. It covered me when the crystal activated. If she hadn’t been pulled away, it would have killed me too. If her mother had that power maybe she would still be here.”

Drake nodded his head; Jalee could see it in the corner of his eye. Jalee had only met her mother once before she died, but he would have known if she had that power. Vacunay would never be able to stop Saraquine as long as she could tap into that power. He knew Vacunay’s power and knew what she could do, and Vacunay had nothing that powerful. There was a chance that the Galaxy Kingdom was safe as long as Saraquine lived.

“You still love her!” Jalee just nodded and scooped her up in his arms. After all, they were going to the same place. Drake also understood how much he just wanted to hold her even if she was unconscious. Drake was married. If something happened to his wife, he would want the same thing. “You need to be careful Jalee, if she finds out about you no one knows what will happen.”

“I know Drake,” Jalee snapped at him. He tightened his grip on Sara. Drake saw what Jalee was about to do back there. Drake had been very strict when Saraquine was a child. After she disappeared, Drake came to Jalee and told him that it was his job to take care of Saraquine. Coming from Drake it was an honor and privilege, Jalee would give his life for her happiness. “I just, I don’t know!”

“I know Jalee.” Drake kept on walking not looking at Jalee. He walked down the street with Saraquine in his arms. She looked peaceful. Jalee bent down and kissed her forehead. All he wanted was to hold her. “She still has a lot of spunk even for a Protector.”

“You got that right; she hasn’t changed at all. She was facing a dizard face to face and didn’t even flinch.” They started walking toward the castle laughing. “Well it reminded me of the stories she told of when she faced off with you. She always could handle herself in any situation.”

“That’s true enough.” Drake padded Jalee on the back. “I taught her everything I knew. I never once thought that she would have to use the skills other then in practice. Violette was right to have her train in all parts of battle.”

“I don’t want her to fight Vacunay.” Jalee said staring up at the now visible castle. He had stopped in his tracks. “If I had my way I would send her back to where ever it was you found her. She could be happy there.”

“That can’t be what you really want Jalee. If she goes back there, you will never see her again. Then Vacunay will take over the Galaxy, as we know it. Everything the Goddess has given to us will be gone forever.” Drake stopped talking, and Jalee couldn’t deny what Drake was saying. If she did go back he would never be able to hold her again, and his life would be worthless.

“It amazes me how much she looks the same.” Jalee looked down at her hair and seeing how short it was. “I wonder why she had her hair cut; I loved how long it was.”

“You haven’t changed all that much either you know.” All he could do was nod and walk; he could not believe it was fifty years since he had her in his arms? Was he still the same person he had been back then? Could things be the same as they were before she disappeared? No, he supposed they could not go back, but maybe there was a future.

Chapter 8

The house looked just like Lady Kovin remembered it was a small blue house almost a complete square. There were two windows on each side of the wooden door. Ms. Adie liked the wood homes and the classic look of the first settlers. She believed that humans needed to respect their past and still look toward their future. Ms. Adie loved the history of the Galaxy the fighting and the peace times. Human’s history was a constant pattern of the same routine repeatedly.

Panoka looked at the grass as she walked through the old gate. Jasolin was a step behind her, probably with her head held down. Panoka never liked the way that servants acted around the Protectors. She believed that we were all the same and we should act like it. It would be wrong to treat people as if they were worthless. Something Ms. Adie probably dug into her as she studied in this house with her.

Lady Kovin stood at the door staring, as memories flooded her mind. Panoka was a child when she studied with Ms. Adie. She would take Panoka and the other children to the field in her back yard and have them practice. One of the children, a boy, almost burnt down the house. Ms. Adie had to bring water from the ground to stop the whole house from burning down. The grass never grew back the same way again.

Panoka was more careful with her power. She had the gift of telekinesis. Her mother once told her that the Universe crystal gave their family telekinesis because the universe is formed from gravity. Gravity balanced the stars and the planets and they used gravity to pull things toward them or away from them.

Ms. Adie taught her how to use that power. She had Panoka start with little things like floating objects in the air for a few seconds. Eventually she was able to throw people across the room. Panoka also never abused her power either. The only time she used it was to make sure that she still had control of it.

Control was not easy to get. For the first five years of her life whenever Panoka had a tantrum everything off the walls would fly across the room. There was once that she accidentally destroyed the whole library because she was mad at her tutor. Having control of powers like that is hard and she was glad that her own daughter didn’t have that problem.

Little Violette had control of her power like Panoka never dreamed. When she was a baby and wanted a bottle all she had to do was look at it and it would float to her from across the room. This frightened Panoka more then anything. The little girl’s power was exceeding her own, just like her power exceeded her mothers.

Someone would think that with the Protectors’ powers getting stronger every generation she they could take care of Vacunay easier. They unfortunately could not take care of Vacunay so easily. Even if they tried, Panoka knew that it would not be strong enough to get rid of her she was different from them.

Ms. Adie wasn’t the only one that trained her in this house. At some point, her mother sent men to train her in hand-to-hand combat. She would train with them when Ms. Adie was busy with her other students. It was important for a Protector not to just rely on their power; they had to know all forms of combat.

Panoka’s favorite training was with weapons. There was something special about being able to pick up a sword or staff and use it perfectly, well maybe not perfectly. She never could get the hang of fighting. Panoka was not a fighter she was a mother, she was born to raise a family.

She lifted her hand to knock and stopped as she thought about what she was doing. The old woman had helped her more then a few times in her life. This time though it would not her she was helping but Jasolin, her housekeeper with the gift of sight. It would be nice if she could just come there for a visit sometime but…

“Come on in Lady Kovin,” The door flew open and the old woman walked back to her chair. “I already know you are too busy to come and see me. Old women, like me have better things to listen too then your thoughts about the past and me.”

Panoka laughed and walked in Jasolin followed her close behind. It was dark in the old woman’s house and smelt horrible. Jasolin felt like a child entering a haunted house. The small foyer had a table and a place where they could hang their coats on the wall on hooks. Lady Kovin hung her sweater on the hook and began to walk into a connecting room. Jasolin looked down the hall and saw a few doors and some pictures on the wall probably of old students. She doubted the old woman would have pictures of herself on the wall she didn’t seem the type.

Jasolin fell into step with Lady Kovin as she entered the other room. This room was full of old dusty furniture and pictures beaten by time. The air was warm and muggy for being so large and opened. Jasolin would have never guessed that it was so spacious in what it looked like out side. The old woman simply sat down on the chair that stood in the middle of the living room. The old woman watched as both of them sat down across from her on a matching flower pattern coach. In the middle of them was a long coffee table. Next to Ms. Adie’s chair was a small round coffee table with a light on it, but it was not turned on.

There was only a fire in the room behind Ms. Adie. It was the only light that could be seen in the room. A large curtain that probably had not been opened in years covered the only window in the small room. Jasolin wondered if this was where she taught her students or if she went to a different building to do it. There could also be a big back yard where she could teach them. It seemed dangerous to do it in a small wooden house that could be caught on fire.

“If you would have called before you came over, I would have made some tea!” The old woman said pulling up her long gray hair. Jasolin threw away the assumption that she had no contact with the outside world. Jasolin did not really know what to expect, but seeing the woman now, she understood why Lady Kovin brought her there. She was maybe four feet tall and wild hair. She did not ware anything-important just jeans and a long shirt. Yet she seemed very wise in her age and obviously could read minds. It would not surprise Jasolin with eyes as gray as the ones that Ms. Adie had, very common with mind readers.

Jasolin kept her head lowered, as all servants did. She found herself looking at an arrangement of beads, crystals, and cards on the table. Anyone growing up on Sar had heard of divination. Lady Kovin and she must have interrupted a ritual of some sort. Many older women still performed different rituals over the years, but Jasolin herself had never actually seen one, or had done one in her life. It must be interesting to watch.

“It’s nice to see you again Ms. Adie.” Lady Koona began talking after a few moments of silence. “I would like you to meet my housekeeper Jasolin.” Ms. Adie stared at Jasolin but never looked up. As a servant, she did not look into the eyes of her Lady's friend. It was impolite for any servant to do so and she would not.

“Hmm, well let me take a look at her.” The old woman said it, but Jasolin was not moving. “Well get over here, don’t worry about what you were taught everyone is equal in my house.” Jasolin looked up and stared at the woman for a minute unsure if it was a test or not.

“Jasolin, don’t worry about it.” Lady Kovin said patting her back with reinsuring. With that, she finally stood up and walked over to the old woman. Up close, Ms. Adie she could how she had aged. As she grabbed her hand and sat Jasolin down on her knees a cold chill went through her.

“Hm, I see.” Ms. Adie said as she looked at Jasolin up close. “You have the dreams, and you have even more abilities don’t you.” She shook her head no, knowing she does not have any other abilities. The old woman made her uncomfortable and her knees felt strange on her dirty white carpet. “Don’t move I’m concentrating. I see a brother with the gift; also very powerful! It is a gift from your mother; she is not like you though. I see very bright aura around her.” With that, the woman sat back in her chair and looked at Lady Kovin.

“Can you teach her to control it? She might be able to help the Galaxy Kingdom with the war?” Ms. Adie rubbed her temples gently. Jasolin stayed kneeled in front of the old woman staring at her old wrinkled face unable to move or even realize she could. Ms. Adie looked back down at her and then at Lady Koona.

“No I cannot!” She said as she mentally pushed Jasolin away. It was only then that she got up and sat back down. “There is only one person that can help her, and that is her mother. “ Jasolin’s head flew up and stared at the woman in shock. Her father told her since she was born that her mother was dead, and therefore no hope of her learning to control her powers. She would live the rest of her life wondering around with horrible visions she could not stop or control. All hope and gratitude left her at that moment.

“That’s impossible, my mother died when my brother and I were born. She cannot teach me to use my power. I’ll never be able to control it!” Ms. Adie just laughed at her. Jasolin felt like her heart was breaking away from her, and this old woman was making fun of her loneliness. At that moment, she really was completely alone.

“Dear child your mother isn’t dead. She is very much alive. I saw in your past that she gave you and your brother too your father. I had the feeling that she did not wish for the two of you to get hurt. I can promise you that you will find her when you find your brother. Only when the two of you are together will she join you.” Jasolin could not believe it all these years her mother was alive and nobody bothered to tell her. What more was she supposed to go through?

If it was true, which she did not doubt Ms. Adie or the old woman would know her mother had abandoned her. That was the last thing she needed after all these years. Her mother just left her there with a father that was not perfect. What kind of mother could live with herself? She had to know why she abandoned her and her brother.

“Where can I find my brother?” Ms. Adie closed her eyes and threw her head back. Jasolin’s voice was pleading with her. It was the only way for her to know who her mother was and why she left her that way. All she ever wanted was a mother. Jasolin put her hands on the woman’s knees bringing her attention back to her.

Ms. Adie nodded her head and looked at the girl with great sympathy. “What you will learn is not what you want to know?” closing her eyes once again and staring into Jasolin’s eyes Ms. Adie smiled very small. “Like reading a book, you must always start at the beginning. It is time for you to go home Jasolin, but be cautious with what you find out and do not take anyone’s opinion without considering it to the fullest. I warn you child that the answers that you want are not always pleasant and sometimes false. Don’t trust anyone!”

“I will take your words to heart and use them as I need to. Thank you!” Finally, Jasolin stood up and walked toward Lady Kovin but not looking at either of them knowing what it would mean if she did. She stared up at a picture of a little boy. “I guess it’s time to go home.” She whispered silently to herself, as she knew it was not gong to be easy.

Panoka stood up and looked down at Ms. Adie smiling. “Well thank you for your help I do appreciate it very much. Unfortunately…”

“I know you have a ball tonight. I do not understand why you have to say everything out load. I know what you are going to do before you know for goodness sakes.” Ms. Adie stood up and started walking with Panoka to the door. Panoka just stood walked next to her laughing a little.

Jasolin was out the door and waiting for her at the gate as Ms. Adie and Panoka said their good-byes. Ms. Adie took Panoka’s hands and looked up into her eyes. “My dear child I know something is happening and I know that it is going to have bad consequences for you. The step you just took by bringing her hear will change the course of both of your lives. You will live to regret it, I promise you that.”

“Ms. Adie you never could tell me a straight answer could you. Some day I will take my daughter here to finally meet you.” Panoka went to give her a hug good-bye, but Ms. Adie stopped her immediately starring at her intently with her gray eyes.

“I will never meet that little girl, but I will meet your twin children. They will inherit the crystals that you and your husband possess not your oldest child. Tragedy is coming to you my child and there is nothing I can do to help you. I am sorry, and remember I am always looking out for you.” Panoka shook her head and without even a good-bye she left the old woman standing there looking after her. “Give my blessing to Saraquine; she will need it more then you or your housekeeper.”

Panoka looked at Jasolin as she walked toward her. The warning was about Jasolin and something bad that will happen to her daughter and herself. The problem was, as Ms. Adie said; there is nothing she can do about it. These things will happen whether she liked it or not. Our future is not set, Panoka thought to herself, there is a way to stop certain things from happening and she will make sure that this prophecy will change, for all the Protectors and their families.
© Copyright 2009 Cathy (catangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1561635-Galaxy-Crystal-chpt-78